https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=532&group=comp.mail.pine#532

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 15:46:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 20 May 2023 15:46 UTC

Given the latest indignity Gmail is imposing upon email communication,
it appears that I'm going to have to find a mailing list server that
makes it appear to the recipient's Mail server that the message was
personally addressed to him by putting his email address on To (in
addition to ENVELOPE TO).

This is complete overkill given my email use but I'm having
messages rejected (or not delivered at all without being sent an error
message) when I'm using alpine's distribution list feature, not alpine's
fault in any way.

Re: Mailing list server

<4f2vljxvbf.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=534&group=comp.mail.pine#534

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 23:57:24 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 21:57 UTC

On 2023-05-20 17:46, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Given the latest indignity Gmail is imposing upon email communication,
> it appears that I'm going to have to find a mailing list server that
> makes it appear to the recipient's Mail server that the message was
> personally addressed to him by putting his email address on To (in
> addition to ENVELOPE TO).
>
> This is complete overkill given my email use but I'm having
> messages rejected (or not delivered at all without being sent an error
> message) when I'm using alpine's distribution list feature, not alpine's
> fault in any way.

Well, for instance I am subscribed to several opensuse.org mail lists.
They are using mailman3/Postorious/Hyperkitty/.

When email appears from some posters with problematic servers, they
replace the "From" header:

From: Some One via openSUSE Factory <factory@lists.opensuse.org>

--
Cheers, Carlos.

<u6imm7$utep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=535&group=comp.mail.pine#535

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:11:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:11 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-05-20 17:46, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>Given the latest indignity Gmail is imposing upon email communication,
>>it appears that I'm going to have to find a mailing list server that
>>makes it appear to the recipient's Mail server that the message was
>>personally addressed to him by putting his email address on To (in
>>addition to ENVELOPE TO).

>>This is complete overkill given my email use but I'm having
>>messages rejected (or not delivered at all without being sent an error
>>message) when I'm using alpine's distribution list feature, not alpine's
>>fault in any way.

>Well, for instance I am subscribed to several opensuse.org mail lists.
>They are using mailman3/Postorious/Hyperkitty/.

>When email appears from some posters with problematic servers, they
>replace the "From" header:

>From: Some One via openSUSE Factory <factory@lists.opensuse.org>

That's From re-writing due to DMARC policies, nothing to do with anything
I asked about. I do not want From rewritten.