From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Firestorm Client for SecondLife.
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 16:25:24 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 05:25 UTC

Suddenly, the Firestorm client keeps crashing at the end of the
"opening" sequence. It runs OK in Mint. I ran strace, and got 2
possible leads:

1. The program tries to call "http://Phoenix....." instead of
"https://Phoenix" and fails, but this has never been a problem anywhere
else. I can't see where the old address comes from.

2. There is a line claiming that the "CA certificates" cannot be opened.
I had that happen with BOINC, so I copied the list into the BOINC
folder, where it could be found. But this time, I cannot find any list.

If both these are not the problem, I can send a crash report to
Firestorm, but I would like to exclude as many causes as I can, first.

TIA,

Doug.

Re: Firestorm Client for SecondLife. [One step further.]

<toh7pj$981$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5343&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5343

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Firestorm Client for SecondLife. [One step further.]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 22:03:14 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:03 UTC

On 27/12/22 16:25, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> Suddenly, the Firestorm client keeps crashing at the end of the
> "opening" sequence.  It runs OK in Mint.  I ran strace, and got 2
> possible leads:
>
> 1. The program tries to call "http://Phoenix....." instead of
> "https://Phoenix" and fails, but this has never been a problem anywhere
> else.  I can't see where the old address comes from.
>
> 2. There is a line claiming that the "CA certificates" cannot be opened.
>  I had that happen with BOINC, so I copied the list into the BOINC
> folder, where it could be found.  But this time, I cannot find any list.
>
> If both these are not the problem, I can send a crash report to
> Firestorm, but I would like to exclude as many causes as I can, first.
>
> TIA,
>
> Doug.

On the second alternative, I installed an extra SSL RPM
[apr-util-openssl-1.6.1-4.mga8]. This stopped the crashing, but now I
have a BlSOD. Progress, I suppose.

Re: Firestorm Client for SecondLife. [One step further.]

<tootdj$1q34$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5351&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5351

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 19:55:14 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 08:55 UTC

On 28/12/22 22:03, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> On the second alternative, I installed an extra SSL RPM
> [apr-util-openssl-1.6.1-4.mga8]. This stopped the crashing, but now I
> have a BlSOD.  Progress, I suppose.
No, it didn't stop the crashuing, The most common final message is:

"curl_easy_perform() failed: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access
rights?)"

This is a common and well-documented error, but nothing seems to work.
The certificates were accepted a very few weeks ago; no updates have
come down. There are two 32-bit libraries supplied, but since I
installed most of them with Crossover Office (another 32-bit app) I had
assumed that they were already there. PclOS runs Firestorm O.K.; the
"fonts" issue seems to be a nuisance one. At the moment, I will simply
switch to PCL.