Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

SubjectAuthor
* 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3Spalls Hurgenson
+* Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3Mike S.
|`- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3Ant
`* Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3Alan D Ray
 `- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3Spalls Hurgenson

1
2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

<r3thrglc6hgtqcu369b3lh4m52d8376fmm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5355&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5355

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:15:55 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:15 UTC

Ho-ho-ha!

No wait, that's not how it goes.

Hee-hee-ho?

Nope, still wrong. I don't know how Santa manages such an effortless
guffaw. Oh well, I'll keep working on it. In the mean time, let's give
away some more games. That's what you're here for, right? It's day #3
of the c.s.i.p.g.a game's give-away, so let's give away some games to
c.s.i.p.g.a!

So, in keeping with the holiday season, we'll start with "Lorelai", a
gruesome horror adventure game. It has a great soundtrack and very
nice, if stylized, graphics. It's voice-acting is a bit hit-or-miss
and it could use some better pacing, but I appreciate the side-view
point-n-click gameplay. It's not for everyone - the game is dialogue
heavy and its puzzles are (largely) simplistic - but if you want a
short and intense (if a bit overly ambitious) game, it might be worth
a look. So all I'll say is g34e 53 dy 67 xlcjg and expect you to
figure out the rest.

We'll follow that up with "Parkan II". An older title (it released way
back in 2007), it's a spaceflight simulator in the vein of "Elite" or
"Freelancer". It's nowhere nearly as vast, but it has an interesting
FPS component that helps it stand out from the crowd. Developed in
Russia, it shares many of the quirks of other titles created in that
corner of the world, including the usual iffy voice-acting and a very
uneven learning curve. Keep that in mind before grabbing it with v8
mge-5b7 akrggfa. Still, the space-flight combat is fun and the game
still looks pretty good considering its age. This isn't a classic -
it's definitely only for fans of the genre - but if you love shooting
stuff in space, you will probably have some fun with this game too.

So that's today's haul. Enjoy the games!

Muahahahaha!
(Nope, still not right).

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

<movhrgpe3mo4sqqgsdqhfp7uccrgprfvic@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5356&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5356

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:32:16 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:32 UTC

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:15:55 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>So that's today's haul. Enjoy the games!

To borrow a line from Ant, I'll pass. Good luck to whoever gets them!

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

<brbirglr8nb93nstne76nn95qa9vp15id8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5357&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5357

From: nala...@sccoast.net (Alan D Ray)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:59:07 -0500
 by: Alan D Ray - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 23:59 UTC

Thanks Spalls..
I picked up Lorelai..
need something to play
that doesn't take hundreds
of hours to play and
doesn't need tons of
hints.
Thanks again.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:15:55 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ho-ho-ha!
>
>No wait, that's not how it goes.
>
>Hee-hee-ho?
>
>Nope, still wrong. I don't know how Santa manages such an effortless
>guffaw. Oh well, I'll keep working on it. In the mean time, let's give
>away some more games. That's what you're here for, right? It's day #3
>of the c.s.i.p.g.a game's give-away, so let's give away some games to
>c.s.i.p.g.a!
>
>So, in keeping with the holiday season, we'll start with "Lorelai", a
>gruesome horror adventure game. It has a great soundtrack and very
>nice, if stylized, graphics. It's voice-acting is a bit hit-or-miss
>and it could use some better pacing, but I appreciate the side-view
>point-n-click gameplay. It's not for everyone - the game is dialogue
>heavy and its puzzles are (largely) simplistic - but if you want a
>short and intense (if a bit overly ambitious) game, it might be worth
>a look. So all I'll say is g34e 53 dy 67 xlcjg and expect you to
>figure out the rest.
>

>We'll follow that up with "Parkan II". An older title (it released way
>back in 2007), it's a spaceflight simulator in the vein of "Elite" or
>"Freelancer". It's nowhere nearly as vast, but it has an interesting
>FPS component that helps it stand out from the crowd. Developed in
>Russia, it shares many of the quirks of other titles created in that
>corner of the world, including the usual iffy voice-acting and a very
>uneven learning curve. Keep that in mind before grabbing it with v8
>mge-5b7 akrggfa. Still, the space-flight combat is fun and the game
>still looks pretty good considering its age. This isn't a classic -
>it's definitely only for fans of the genre - but if you love shooting
>stuff in space, you will probably have some fun with this game too.
>

>So that's today's haul. Enjoy the games!
>
>Muahahahaha!
>(Nope, still not right).

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

<aseirglehm0mu518he0ltapmnrleleu49u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5359&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5359

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 19:55:22 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 00:55 UTC

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:59:07 -0500, Alan D Ray <nalayar@sccoast.net>
wrote:

>Thanks Spalls..
>I picked up Lorelai..
>need something to play
>that doesn't take hundreds
>of hours to play and
>doesn't need tons of
>hints.
>Thanks again.

Enjoy! I'm not sure how good the game is; reviews are generally
favorable (with most of the negatives saying it's good, just not as
quality as the developer's earlier efforts) but the adult tone (which
in this case means more than just boobs 'n' blood) and art style
aren't really my thing. Still, I'm tempted to give it a try myself,
just I do occasionally like to experience other types of games.

I totally get the appeal of shorter games though. For me, it isn't
totally about time constraints (although that's definitely a
consideration) as it is about pacing. I like a solid, well-told story
in my games, but if that tale has to be stretched out over fifty or
sixty hours and peppered with repetitive combat and fetch-quests, its
impact is dramatically lessened.

Shorter games suffer from being, well, shorter, but they often are
more intense experiences. And given the sheer size of my gaming
library, it's not as if I don't have anything else to fill the time
after I finish. ;-)

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

<hqednf1J1vyQHyT8nZ2dnUU7-W2dnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5362&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5362

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 23:50:05 -0600
 by: Ant - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 05:50 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:15:55 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >So that's today's haul. Enjoy the games!

> To borrow a line from Ant, I'll pass. Good luck to whoever gets them!

:P
--
Cold & windy winter rain storm came & left a big mess! Dang colony, works, strikes, software upgrades, spams, greeds, inflations, life, etc. again. :(
| |o o| |

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3