From: vic...@smurfing.com (Vic)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:30:30 -0600
 by: Vic - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 17:30 UTC

Professional security guys use them all the time to research viruses
and other malware. You people have to be totally insecure in arguing
to save your AV obsession with the things you say about sandboxes.
You even post crap about unprotected machines getting infected. A
machine is not unprotected when running a sandbox.

You people are jerks.

How to Safely Test Software Without Ruining Your Computer

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/windows-sandbox-how-to-safely-test-software-without-ruining-your-computer

The Windows Sandbox is a temporary virtual machine built into Windows
10 and Windows 11 that allows you to run software without it affecting
the rest of your system.

Do you want to check out and test new software programs and Windows
features but don't want a potentially risky program or setting harming
your current environment? You need a way to safely isolate such
programs or changes so they can't interfere with the rest of your
operating system. For that, you can turn to the Windows Sandbox, which
is available in both Windows 10 and 11.

Re: Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!

<tkua2d$197u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5383&group=alt.windows7.general#5383

From: addr...@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 21:56:41 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:56 UTC

Vic,

> Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!

*Ofcourse* sandboxes work.

I do have a problem though : You're agitating against "idiots", but have not
mentioned at all what they did/said that you disagree with. As such your
current rant is rather meaningless.

> Professional security guys use them all the time to research viruses
> and other malware.

You're trying to compare apples to eggs there. I think there is zero
chance that you (and most users) regard/use a sandbox in the same way as
those "Professional security guys" do - and without their focus on
viri/malware as well.

Hmm... I just realized that you might well be trolling here.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!

<tkuckb$1rgn1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5384&group=alt.windows7.general#5384

From: mayay...@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:40:42 -0500
 by: Mayayana - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 21:40 UTC

"Vic" <vic@smurfing.com> wrote

| Professional security guys use them all the time to research viruses
| and other malware.

Yes, but if you look it up yu'll find there have been vulnerabilities.
It's not a magic solution. If the sandbox has vulnerabilities then
you're at risk. Which is not to mention the sheer idiocy of wasting
all those resources. :)

Re: Sandboxes Don't Work? You're Idiots!

<XnsAF5469E9E99C2sumbuddy1282sSSOMPLA@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5396&group=alt.windows7.general#5396

From: sumbu...@yahoo.com (sumbuddy)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 02:24:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: sumbuddy - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 02:24 UTC

Vic <vic@smurfing.com> wrote in

> Professional security guys use them all the time to research viruses
> and other malware. You people have to be totally insecure in arguing
> to save your AV obsession with the things you say about sandboxes.
> You even post crap about unprotected machines getting infected. A
> machine is not unprotected when running a sandbox.
>
> You people are jerks.
>
> How to Safely Test Software Without Ruining Your Computer
>
> https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/windows-sandbox-how-to-safely-test-softwar
> e-without-ruining-your-computer
>
> The Windows Sandbox is a temporary virtual machine built into Windows
> 10 and Windows 11 that allows you to run software without it affecting
> the rest of your system.
>
> Do you want to check out and test new software programs and Windows
> features but don't want a potentially risky program or setting harming
> your current environment? You need a way to safely isolate such
> programs or changes so they can't interfere with the rest of your
> operating system. For that, you can turn to the Windows Sandbox, which
> is available in both Windows 10 and 11.

If you use anything put out my Microshit, that alone is exposing you to
malicious code. Do not trust microshit ware.