I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 65, either.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

SubjectAuthor
* Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesSpalls Hurgenson
+* Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesMike S.
|`- Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesAnt
+* Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesAnt
|`* Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesRoss Ridge
| `- Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesAnt
`- Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the AshesPW

1
Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<iphsrg9qqubp73tr7h8ghddmsa0stef1od@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5405&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5405

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 15:49:30 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 20:49 UTC

Epic's on a roll. As in, they're giving out another game, not that
they've placed themselves on a small bit of bread. Though that would
be fun too.

Today, we get REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/remnant-from-the-ashes

This is a repeat give-away (Epic offered it as a freebie August 2020)
but we won't hold that against them. It's a third-person
action-survival game where you're pitted against over-powered
monstrosities in a gothic setting, so 'git gud, scrub'. It's basically
"Dark Souls", but with guns. I never found the Souls-genre all that
engaging, but for what it is, "Remnant" is considered a very good
example of its class. If you missed it the first time, here's the
opportunity to add another good game to your library.

You only have a day to collect it, though; this holiday give-aways of
Epic only last 24 hours. So be quick!

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<82ksrgpj8lrqghadi094r331l7hq20mpqb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5409&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5409

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:19:37 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:19 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 15:49:30 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>This is a repeat give-away (Epic offered it as a freebie August 2020)

Yep, I have this one already. Thanks anyway.

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<TtidnRLXutO89SP8nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5413&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5413

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:00:49 -0600
 by: Ant - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:00 UTC

Thanks for the tip. Will Epic be doing this until Christmas day?

--
Cold & windy winter rain storm came & left a big mess! Dang coldness, colony, works, z, strikes, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, body, life, BUSYness, etc. again. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. :D
| |o o| |

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<TtidnQ3XutPk9SP8nZ2dnUU7-dmdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5414&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5414

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:02:17 -0600
 by: Ant - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:02 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 15:49:30 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >This is a repeat give-away (Epic offered it as a freebie August 2020)

> Yep, I have this one already. Thanks anyway.

Ah, I do have it already. :D
--
Cold & windy winter rain storm came & left a big mess! Dang coldness, colony, works, z, strikes, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, body, life, BUSYness, etc. again. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. :D
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<spm45d$1it4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5416&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5416

From: rri...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 02:07:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ross Ridge - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 02:07 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>Thanks for the tip. Will Epic be doing this until Christmas day?

They're having 15 days of free games, which started on December 16,
so that should mean the last day is December 30.

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<rtydnRb3mJlsPCP8nZ2dnUU7-TGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5417&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5417

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:07:29 -0600
 by: Ant - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:07 UTC

Ross Ridge <rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> >Thanks for the tip. Will Epic be doing this until Christmas day?

> They're having 15 days of free games, which started on December 16,
> so that should mean the last day is December 30.

Ah, thanks! I forget. Was it like that last year too?
--
Cold & windy winter rain storm came & left a big mess! Dang coldness, colony, works, z, strikes, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, body, life, BUSYness, etc. again. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. :D
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Free Game x3: Remnant - From the Ashes

<e9dtrgpe2mp1sn2n6t5d6alufdge3d5g62@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5418&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5418

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:30:15 -0700
 by: PW - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 04:30 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 15:49:30 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Epic's on a roll. As in, they're giving out another game, not that
>they've placed themselves on a small bit of bread. Though that would
>be fun too.
>
>Today, we get REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES
>https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/remnant-from-the-ashes
>
>This is a repeat give-away (Epic offered it as a freebie August 2020)
>but we won't hold that against them. It's a third-person
>action-survival game where you're pitted against over-powered
>monstrosities in a gothic setting, so 'git gud, scrub'. It's basically
>"Dark Souls", but with guns. I never found the Souls-genre all that
>engaging, but for what it is, "Remnant" is considered a very good
>example of its class. If you missed it the first time, here's the
>opportunity to add another good game to your library.
>
>You only have a day to collect it, though; this holiday give-aways of
>Epic only last 24 hours. So be quick!

---

This one actually looks pretty good for a free game. I just added it
to my library. If I remember it is there, I might even install it.

Thanks!

-pw