From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game Again: Neon Abyss
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 14:17:53 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 19:17 UTC

So, I guess Epic thinks they can force their way into this whole
"Holiday Give-Away" gig. Who do they think they are; we were here
first! Well, fine, if they REALLY insist, I guess they can give us all
free games. I mean, it would be uncharitable of us to refuse; I hope
they appreciate it! ;-)

Anyway, today's offering is:

Neon Abyss
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/neon-abyss

What can I say about this game that won't indicate my total
disinterest in it? It's a platform shooter with vaguely retro-inspired
graphics (as in, it's retro style but with many more pixels and
colors, and a heck of a lot better special effects). Is it a good
game? Reviews are very positive so I guess it is; it's just not the
sort of game I enjoy. On the other hand, its description includes the
word "synergies", which - after years of working in the business world
- should make me automatically hate it ;-). It is very colorful
though; that enough would allow it inclusion in my library (oh, who am
I kidding; it being free is enough).

It's free for one day only, though, so if you want to claim it, get it
before it's gone. Tomorrow Epic will be offering another free game
entirely.

Re: Free Game Again: Neon Abyss

<l0psrgp24rpc3tjsefbvuo6tk73itaoltn@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5412&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5412

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Free Game Again: Neon Abyss
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:44:08 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:44 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 14:17:53 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>So, I guess Epic thinks they can force their way into this whole
>"Holiday Give-Away" gig. Who do they think they are; we were here
>first! Well, fine, if they REALLY insist, I guess they can give us all
>free games. I mean, it would be uncharitable of us to refuse; I hope
>they appreciate it! ;-)

I told you there was some 80-something marketing guy trolling through
this group. And you didn't believe me. Did you? ;^)

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten