It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.

computers / alt.os.linux.mageia / Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

SubjectAuthor
* Looking for 64-bit glx.hDoug Laidlaw
+* Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hBit Twister
|`* Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hDoug Laidlaw
| +- Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hDoug Laidlaw
| `* Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hBit Twister
|  `* Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hDoug Laidlaw
|   `- Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hJim
`- Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.hDavid W. Hodgins

1
Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<tqkqhj$fke$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5419&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5419

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Looking for 64-bit glx.h
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:14:10 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 02:14 UTC

A new version of Kodi has just been released, codenamed Nexus. Since it
is so new, I have to compile it from source. I have done this before,
but it isn't straightforward. Only gnucash could be worse. Searching
tells me that glx.h is not a normal header file, and it should be in my
proprietary driver "devel" package, but I can't find it anywhere. My
driver is nVidia. The forums only mention ATI cards.

TIA,

Doug.

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<slrntsrt25.a5h.BitTwister@wb.home.arpa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5421&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5421

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:43:17 -0600
 by: Bit Twister - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 02:43 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:14:10 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> A new version of Kodi has just been released, codenamed Nexus. Since it
> is so new, I have to compile it from source. I have done this before,
> but it isn't straightforward. Only gnucash could be worse. Searching
> tells me that glx.h is not a normal header file, and it should be in my
> proprietary driver "devel" package, but I can't find it anywhere. My
> driver is nVidia. The forums only mention ATI cards.

I suggest running urpmf glx.h

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<tqlo3n$rem$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5423&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5423

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:38:46 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:38 UTC

On 23/1/23 13:43, Bit Twister wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:14:10 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>> A new version of Kodi has just been released, codenamed Nexus. Since it
>> is so new, I have to compile it from source. I have done this before,
>> but it isn't straightforward. Only gnucash could be worse. Searching
>> tells me that glx.h is not a normal header file, and it should be in my
>> proprietary driver "devel" package, but I can't find it anywhere. My
>> driver is nVidia. The forums only mention ATI cards.
>

> I suggest running urpmf glx.h

Thanks. I knew there was such a command. I need a cheat sheet.

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<tqlond$1788$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5424&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5424

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:49:16 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:49 UTC

On 23/1/23 21:38, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

>> I suggest running    urpmf glx.h
>
> Thanks.  I knew there was such a command.  I need a cheat sheet.

And, as predicted, it was in the nvidia "devel" package. I had tried
searching with rpmdrake, but it returned all the ***-glx.h files. which
weren't accepted. When the driver package was called nvidia-current,
and all the devel packages had version numbers, it was difficult to find
a match.

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<slrntssqkm.a04n.BitTwister@wb.home.arpa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5425&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5425

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 05:08:06 -0600
 by: Bit Twister - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:08 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:38:46 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On 23/1/23 13:43, Bit Twister wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:14:10 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>>> A new version of Kodi has just been released, codenamed Nexus. Since it
>>> is so new, I have to compile it from source. I have done this before,
>>> but it isn't straightforward. Only gnucash could be worse. Searching
>>> tells me that glx.h is not a normal header file, and it should be in my
>>> proprietary driver "devel" package, but I can't find it anywhere. My
>>> driver is nVidia. The forums only mention ATI cards.
>>

>> I suggest running urpmf glx.h
>
> Thanks. I knew there was such a command. I need a cheat sheet.

I call it my offline brain book. Just an ASCII text file with key words
followed by command or command example and a wrapper script to search
it with any number of key word arguments.

Since I lurk in numerous Usenet groups, I get to copy commands I wanted/needed
and any I think might come in handy some time.

Also any time I have to look up something a few times I just add it to the file.
It is getting a bit large.

$ wc --lines < /local/doc/unix.help
9055

Take urpm for example:
$ grep urpm /local/doc/unix.help | wc --lines
150

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<tqlu3n$1p7d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5426&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5426

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:21:10 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:21 UTC

On 23/1/23 22:08, Bit Twister wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:38:46 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>>>

>>> I suggest running urpmf glx.h
>>
>> Thanks. I knew there was such a command. I need a cheat sheet.
>

> I call it my offline brain book. Just an ASCII text file with key words
> followed by command or command example and a wrapper script to search
> it with any number of key word arguments.
>
> Since I lurk in numerous Usenet groups, I get to copy commands I wanted/needed
> and any I think might come in handy some time.
>
> Also any time I have to look up something a few times I just add it to the file.
> It is getting a bit large.
>
> $ wc --lines < /local/doc/unix.help
> 9055
>
> Take urpm for example:
> $ grep urpm /local/doc/unix.help | wc --lines
> 150

Good idea. There is no nvidia-devel package for my driver version, and
running an earlier version requires me to downgrade my driver This
answer from nVidia-support is probably the solution, and it explains why
there are RPMs for ATI cards:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163/~/linux---where-can-i-get-gl.h-or-glx.h-so-i-can-compile-opengl-programs%3F

The only problem now is that the quoted paths are out of date, after
only 18 months, so I will keep searching. I can understand now why
Microsoft ditched OpenGL. :(

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<tqm6hh$3lc8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5427&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5427

From: jim.be...@verizon.net (Jim)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:45:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:45 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:21:10 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> On 23/1/23 22:08, Bit Twister wrote:

>>> Thanks. I knew there was such a command. I need a cheat sheet.
>>

>> I call it my offline brain book. Just an ASCII text file with key words
>> followed by command or command example and a wrapper script to search
>> it with any number of key word arguments.
>>
>> Since I lurk in numerous Usenet groups, I get to copy commands I wanted/needed
>> and any I think might come in handy some time.
>>
>> Also any time I have to look up something a few times I just add it to the file.
>> It is getting a bit large.
>>
>> $ wc --lines < /local/doc/unix.help
>> 9055
>>
>> Take urpm for example:
>> $ grep urpm /local/doc/unix.help | wc --lines
>> 150
>>

> Good idea. There is no nvidia-devel package for my driver version, and
> running an earlier version requires me to downgrade my driver This
> answer from nVidia-support is probably the solution, and it explains why
> there are RPMs for ATI cards:
>
> https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163/~/linux---where-can-i-get-gl.h-or-glx.h-so-i-can-compile-opengl-programs%3F
>
> The only problem now is that the quoted paths are out of date, after
> only 18 months, so I will keep searching. I can understand now why
> Microsoft ditched OpenGL. :(

Do you have nvidia390 or lib64glvnd-devel ?

[jim@sorrel ~]$ urpmf glx.h |grep -v i586 |grep \/glx.h
lib64xcb-devel:/usr/include/xcb/glx.h
lib64glvnd-devel:/usr/include/GL/glx.h
lib64epoxy-devel:/usr/include/epoxy/glx.h
nvidia390-devel:/usr/include/nvidia390/GL/glx.h
nvidia390-devel:/usr/include/nvidia390/GL/glx.h

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer friendly.

Re: Looking for 64-bit glx.h

<op.1y7nnqhza3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5428&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5428

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:15:16 -0500
 by: David W. Hodgins - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 06:15 UTC

On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:14:10 -0500, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> A new version of Kodi has just been released, codenamed Nexus. Since it
> is so new, I have to compile it from source. I have done this before,
> but it isn't straightforward. Only gnucash could be worse. Searching
> tells me that glx.h is not a normal header file, and it should be in my
> proprietary driver "devel" package, but I can't find it anywhere. My
> driver is nVidia. The forums only mention ATI cards.

$ urpmf /glx.h|sort -u
lib64epoxy-devel:/usr/include/epoxy/glx.h
lib64glvnd-devel:/usr/include/GL/glx.h
lib64xcb-devel:/usr/include/xcb/glx.h
libepoxy-devel:/usr/include/epoxy/glx.h
libglvnd-devel:/usr/include/GL/glx.h
libxcb-devel:/usr/include/xcb/glx.h
nvidia390-devel:/usr/include/nvidia390/GL/glx.h

Regards, Dave Hodgins