From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Marek says "hi"
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 22:11:08 -0800
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:11 UTC

On 1/4/23 21:57, Andrei Z. wrote:
> Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> On 1/4/23 12:19, Aragorn wrote:
>>> On 04.01.2023 at 14:55, Bud Frede scribbled:

>>> I don't think I have the courage.  I've tried quitting a couple of
>>> times as well, but I just couldn't bear it.  And, it's my only vice.  I
>>> don't drink and I've never done any drugs in my life — not even pot.
>>

>>      Please Aragorn do your best to stop smoking.  My roomie wha was
>> about 75 died in July 2022.  She has started when she was 14 yoa and
>> stopped about 45 or 50 years later.  She was treated for Lung Cancer
>> and began to recover and had every hope of returning to work last
>> winter but in February she experienced an inability to find her
>> words.  I hoped it was only a stroke but it turned out that the cancer
>> had metastasized to her brain.  It was treated with radiation and we
>> hoped that she would get strong enough for chemotherapy but it was
>> not to be.
>>      Please stop smoking.
>>
> What happens to your body when you quit smoking
>
> https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-01-body.html
>?
What happens to your body when you die?
What do you say when your brain stops working?

Now-a-days we have nicotine gum and nicotine patches
which will still mess up your circulation and nerves but which
do not require ingestinon of smoke to calm your cravings.
bliss - who only smoked tobacco for a few hour in my 20s

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: Marek says "hi"

<20230211214657.be3bfdb0582f083b681fa8f9@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5446&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5446

From: pinner...@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:46:57 +0000
<20230104211904.1acc7a4a@nx-74205>
<tp4r69$2iti1$1@dont-email.me>
<tp5os3$ae8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<tp5pls$2of75$1@dont-email.me>
 by: pinnerite - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:46 UTC

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 22:11:08 -0800
Bobbie Sellers <bliss@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/23 21:57, Andrei Z. wrote:
> > Bobbie Sellers wrote:

> >>      Please Aragorn do your best to stop smoking.  My roomie wha was
> >> about 75 died in July 2022.  She has started when she was 14 yoa and
> >> stopped about 45 or 50 years later.  She was treated for Lung Cancer
> >> and began to recover and had every hope of returning to work last
> >> winter but in February she experienced an inability to find her
> >> words.  I hoped it was only a stroke but it turned out that the cancer
> >> had metastasized to her brain.  It was treated with radiation and we
> >> hoped that she would get strong enough for chemotherapy but it was
> >> not to be.
> >>      Please stop smoking.
> >>
> > What happens to your body when you quit smoking

I quit in April 1970. I am considerably fitter than most of my
(surviving) contemporaries and my brain seems to use bubble-sort to
recal stuff but it mostly finds it faster than a hospital appointment.
So the answer appears to be that it survives longer and more healthily.

I should add that I take 3mg of boron daily to help stave off arthritis.
It seems to be working. I also take vitamin 3D and E per Public Health
England's advice of about 4 years ago.

> > https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-01-body.html
> >?
> What happens to your body when you die?
> What do you say when your brain stops working?
>
> Now-a-days we have nicotine gum and nicotine patches
> which will still mess up your circulation and nerves but which
> do not require ingestinon of smoke to calm your cravings.
>
> bliss - who only smoked tobacco for a few hour in my 20s
>
> --
> bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

--
Mint 20.3, kernel 5.4.0-139-generic, Cinnamon 5.2.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 16GB of