Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

computers / alt.windows7.general / HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

SubjectAuthor
* HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversgfretwell
+* Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversDavid LaRue
|`* Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversgfretwell
| `- Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversGlowingBlueMist
+* Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversVanguardLH
|`- Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversgfretwell
`- Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 driversPaul

1
HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<c2n9rh59f66intpfmvm4g87ilf1jclktsh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5469&group=alt.windows7.general#5469

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 20:56:05 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 01:56 UTC

HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<XnsAF8271327D39hueydlltampabayrrcom@46.165.242.75>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5470&group=alt.windows7.general#5470

From: huey....@tampabay.rr.com (David LaRue)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 05:41:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David LaRue - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 05:41 UTC

gfretwell@aol.com wrote in news:c2n9rh59f66intpfmvm4g87ilf1jclktsh@4ax.com:

> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?

I have an EliteBook laptop using W7. No idea if the drivers would be
helpful for the desktop.

David

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<3q6arhlcj8mi9es2g2g2dlc1tmc9b1fa0u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5471&group=alt.windows7.general#5471

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 01:26:00 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 06:26 UTC

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 05:41:53 -0000 (UTC), David LaRue
<huey.dll@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>gfretwell@aol.com wrote in news:c2n9rh59f66intpfmvm4g87ilf1jclktsh@4ax.com:
>
>> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
>> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?
>>

>I have an EliteBook laptop using W7. No idea if the drivers would be
>helpful for the desktop.
>
>David

This is one of those minis about 6-7" square. I am not sure what I
really need. I just read HP saying they dropped W-7 support. It has 10
on it now. I would save that drive and start with a fresh one.

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<tp3862$nph$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5473&group=alt.windows7.general#5473

From: GlowingB...@blackhole.io (GlowingBlueMist)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 01:00:17 -0600
 by: GlowingBlueMist - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 07:00 UTC

On 1/4/2023 12:26 AM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 05:41:53 -0000 (UTC), David LaRue
> <huey.dll@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> gfretwell@aol.com wrote in news:c2n9rh59f66intpfmvm4g87ilf1jclktsh@4ax.com:
>>
>>> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
>>> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?
>>>

>> I have an EliteBook laptop using W7. No idea if the drivers would be
>> helpful for the desktop.
>>
>> David
>
> This is one of those minis about 6-7" square. I am not sure what I
> really need. I just read HP saying they dropped W-7 support. It has 10
> on it now. I would save that drive and start with a fresh one.

With luck the following may locate the drivers you are seeking.

1) Go to the following link:
https://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-65w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15497277

2) Go to item 1 and pick windows 7, go to item 2 and pick windows type
(34/64) then hit the "Submit" button and wait for the next page.

3) click on the box with the plus sign called "All drivers"

From there you should be able to download and save all the drivers
available for your old Windows 7 including a BIOS update dated Nov 8 2022.

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<138nv3mewwcck$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5474&group=alt.windows7.general#5474

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 01:46:27 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 07:46 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:

> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?

I went to HP's web site to look for drivers. You didn't mention which
bitwidth for Windows 7, so I picked 64-bit.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-65w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15497277

There are lots of drivers there.

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<tp3fjg$2eaj0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5475&group=alt.windows7.general#5475

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 04:06:57 -0500
 by: Paul - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 09:06 UTC

On 1/3/2023 8:56 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?

That's a refurb.

The legal right to use W7 refurb kits on those,
stopped several years ago.

That's why JoySystems has to use W10 refurb kits instead.

Refurb kits come with a key, but not a COA.

Refurb kits no longer come with media. (Early W7
kits came with a hologram DVD from Microsoft. Late W7
kits came with nothing. No reason for W10 kits to come
with media.)

The original machine likely had a COA (for W7 Pro as it's
a business machine), but the COA is scraped off by the
refurbisher. (These are corporate lease machines that
are getting "recycled".) The loss of that W7 Pro COA key,
means you have to get your own license for W7 (somehow).
You can use a royalty OEM (HP) Windows 7 Pro for the
specific machine (specific in the sense of having the
right drivers), but this is not a download item, and
you might have to buy a DVD set to do that. Brown baggers
tend to charge $50 for a set of such DVDs, which are only
available from the manufacturer for three years or so.

You could say your "new" computer, has its own life story.

It's a good thing Windows 11 came along, because it
has devalued the hardware on that generation of machines
(for no reason), and you likely got a very good price on it.
Because it doesn't have MBEC support in CPU hardware. Given
the core count 4C 4T, it should make a very nice machine.
You couldn't build one for that price. For the amount you
spent on that machine, that's enough to buy a
blank motherboard now.

The essential drivers (they are on the HP site), would be things
like the NIC driver, the Intel graphics driver, and the
USB3 driver. The chipset driver is a bit of a "dummy" driver,
in that Intel calls "machine.inf" and just assigns text
strings for Device Manager usage. The OS AHCI driver should
work just fine with the SATA ports.

Paul

Re: HP EliteDesk 800-G3 Mini i5-6500 drivers

<qv6brh57b46ha077kstu8mc6d3su1c402f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5476&group=alt.windows7.general#5476

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 10:35:49 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 15:35 UTC

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 01:46:27 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> HP has drunk the Microsoft Kool Ade and dropped W/7 support for this
>> box but the option was once available. Does anyone have these drivers?
>
>I went to HP's web site to look for drivers. You didn't mention which
>bitwidth for Windows 7, so I picked 64-bit.
>
>https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-65w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15497277
>
>There are lots of drivers there.

Thanks. It was my fault for believing the pop up that said HP no
longer supported W7. I also saw I was looking at "Latvia" so maybe
that was it.
To Paul, I have a couple of good COAs for W/7 pro from machines that
were in the Ian flood. They seem to have a better sense of humor about
activating now if you call the "chatty Cathy".