From: unr...@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Mga8 problem with cups and Chrome/chromium printing
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:49:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:49 UTC

Mga 8 updated.
I am running cups, and my default printer is on another machine,
monopole. If I use lp or lpr or okular or xpdf or firefox to print a file, it gets sent and printed
without problem. However if I try to print using the print facilities in
Chromium or google-chrome and I select that same default printer it
tells me that that the printer is unavailable or is not properly set up.

It does not send anything to the remove printer (I have looked in
error.log and have cups on the monople set up for "debug" logging.)
For some (but not all) other remote printers, Chromium and google-chrome
work fine.

Any clues as to what could be going on here?

Re: Mga8 problem with cups and Chrome/chromium printing

<slrnu0i9i2.13351.BitTwister@wb.home.arpa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5476&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5476

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 18:20:12 -0600
 by: Bit Twister - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 00:20 UTC

On Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:49:47 -0000 (UTC), William Unruh wrote:
> Mga 8 updated.
> I am running cups, and my default printer is on another machine,
> monopole. If I use lp or lpr or okular or xpdf or firefox to print a file, it gets sent and printed
> without problem. However if I try to print using the print facilities in
> Chromium or google-chrome and I select that same default printer it
> tells me that that the printer is unavailable or is not properly set up.
>
> It does not send anything to the remove printer (I have looked in
> error.log and have cups on the monople set up for "debug" logging.)
> For some (but not all) other remote printers, Chromium and google-chrome
> work fine.
>
> Any clues as to what could be going on here?

Can we assume you have been in cup admin and scanned for new printers?