From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Videos in Facebook not openening
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:46:39 +0100
 by: Jim S - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:46 UTC

On Facebook on Windows 10 (20H2), I can see videos playing on the page,
but when I click to maximise them I get "This content isn't available at
the moment" regardless of browser used. This does not happen on my android
mobile or tablet which run the maximised videos fine.
I have tried the suggestions on Facebook i.e. restarting both Windows and
browser.
What else can I try?
--
Jim S

Re: Videos in Facebook not openening

<skhqd5$qcp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=54796&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#54796

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Videos in Facebook not openening
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 14:34:59 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:34 UTC

On 10/17/2021 6:46 AM, Jim S wrote:
> On Facebook on Windows 10 (20H2), I can see videos playing on the page,
> but when I click to maximise them I get "This content isn't available at
> the moment" regardless of browser used. This does not happen on my android
> mobile or tablet which run the maximised videos fine.
> I have tried the suggestions on Facebook i.e. restarting both Windows and
> browser.
> What else can I try?

https://windowsreport.com/google-chromes-full-screen-option-doesnt-fill-screen-fix/

"7. Make sure that Chrome isn’t maximized"

That means, don't resize the browser to fill the desktop, then select
"full screen" for a video. Leave the browser window so it isn't touching
the sides of the screen, then try fullscreen.

*******

Back when Flash was a thing, there was a "Geek Info" thing you
could enable while the video played, and that gave basic information
about the content (like bitrate). But it doesn't tell you everything.

Try right-clicking the HTML5 video pane and see if there is a menu.

You can try Task Manager, and if your card has a recent driver,
the "GPU tab" shows the level of GPU activity while your video plays.
It's unlikely a video or five, makes any dent on a modern video card.

MP4 container and H.264 codec, should be sufficient to work on
any platform (mobile or desktop). I would not expect Facebook to be
selecting Ogg/Theora on Windows on purpose, just to break stuff.
It's more likely they prevent full screen, out of some belief
people are using screen recorders or something. I doubt screen
recording on Windows 10 would be that useful. Win7 is better for that.

Paul

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Videos in Facebook not openening