From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game x7:
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:09:51 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:09 UTC

Ho-ho-ho (I finally mastered the laugh); more gifts from Epic. I'd
almost become bored with all their generosity, if I weren't so greedy.
Fortunately, I'm infinitely avaricious, so let the free games flow!

And what flow-eth from Epic today? Why, it's:
Mutant Year Zero
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/mutant-year-zero

I'm sort of partial to this game, but less because of the game itself
than for other reasons. I'm always a fan of table-top games coming to
the computer, and it's the closest I've played to a "Gamma World" game
(another classic tabletop RPG of yore) on the PC. The computer game
itself is a bit hit or miss; it trends toward repetitiveness and its
more tactical-strategy game than RPG. The story itself is less than
engaging too. It's sort of a poor-man's XCOM and, I think, will mainly
appeal too either fans of the tabletop game, die-hard post-apocalyptic
games fan, and furries. But YMMV, and it's not like adding it to your
library will cost anything, so grab it before it's gone (you have
roughly 23 hours 45 minutes from time of posting before it's gone.
Tick tock!)

(although you may already have the game, since Epic offered it free
way back in August 2019, the cads!)

Re: Free Game x7:

<a9067571-2997-42c9-8b7f-1f18e4b9b397n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5480&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5480

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:14:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Free Game x7:
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:14 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:10:03 AM UTC-8, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Ho-ho-ho (I finally mastered the laugh); more gifts from Epic. I'd
> almost become bored with all their generosity, if I weren't so greedy.
> Fortunately, I'm infinitely avaricious, so let the free games flow!
>
> And what flow-eth from Epic today? Why, it's:
> Mutant Year Zero
> https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/mutant-year-zero
>
> I'm sort of partial to this game, but less because of the game itself
> than for other reasons. I'm always a fan of table-top games coming to
> the computer, and it's the closest I've played to a "Gamma World" game
> (another classic tabletop RPG of yore) on the PC. The computer game
> itself is a bit hit or miss; it trends toward repetitiveness and its
> more tactical-strategy game than RPG. The story itself is less than
> engaging too. It's sort of a poor-man's XCOM and, I think, will mainly
> appeal too either fans of the tabletop game, die-hard post-apocalyptic
> games fan, and furries. But YMMV, and it's not like adding it to your
> library will cost anything, so grab it before it's gone (you have
> roughly 23 hours 45 minutes from time of posting before it's gone.
> Tick tock!)
>
> (although you may already have the game, since Epic offered it free
> way back in August 2019, the cads!)

I must've missed that give away, I have it now at least. I've had my
eye on this for a long time and almost pulled the trigger a few times.
The 'mixed' reviews put me off though. Now I can try it.

Merry Christmas!

- Justisaur

Re: Free Game x7:

<csl6sg93ev3k1nuoe6t7kgjmok5hgki0km@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5481&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5481

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:51:52 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:51 UTC

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:14:48 -0800 (PST), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>I must've missed that give away, I have it now at least. I've had my
>eye on this for a long time and almost pulled the trigger a few times.
>The 'mixed' reviews put me off though. Now I can try it.
>
>Merry Christmas!
>
>- Justisaur

You missed it. Spalls is right, I already had this one.

Re: Free Game x7:

<WY2dnWTPmpV-IV78nZ2dnUU7-IHNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5489&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5489

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:03:47 -0600
 by: Ant - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:03 UTC

Yep, I have it already. Thanks. ;)

--
Dang coldness, colony, works, leaks, mess, z, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, illnesses, body, life, craziness, BUSYness, etc. again. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. *<|:D
| |o o| |