We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

SubjectAuthor
* 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Spalls Hurgenson
+- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Mike S.
+* Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Ant
|`- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Spalls Hurgenson
+* Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Zaghadka
|`* Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Spalls Hurgenson
| `- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12Zaghadka
`- Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12rms

1
2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<73c9sg9e9j9nddrecti4okbacnkvgbfcmp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5504&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5504

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:30 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:54 UTC

<sing>And on the twelfth day of Christmas, c.s.i.p.g.action gave to
me... another two games completely for free!</sing> Man, my meter and
rhythm suck (my voice, on the other hand, is positively angelic ;-).
Hopefully the games themselves will be more entertaining. Shall we
find out?

Today we start with "Papo & Yo", a game which I acclaimed as my pick
for 'best game of 2013'. So, yeah, this one is a bit old, but don't
let that put you off; it's still a good game. It is, however, also a
bit of a niche game; for one thing, it's alarmingly close to being a
"walking sim", which is a genre a lot of people don't care for (I find
them hit or miss). There are a few puzzles, but they are quite
forgiving. It's also a thoroughly Indie-game, something made
immediately obvious by the fact that - like so many Indie games - it
involves guiding the child protagonist out of the dangerous situation
he has been thrust into. The subject matter may also be either too
cutesy or too serious/personal (depending on whether or not you pick
up on the subtext). Still, I think the game is a treat; it's an
interesting narrative with just enough gameplay to spice things up, a
colorful art style. It's a well-told and imaginatively artistic work
and one I think everyone should give a try. Unfortunately, I have only
the one key a4 cbg699qr69 f6x but I do urge you to at least give the
game a look.

And we'll close out with the 2019 version of GRID. What's that I hear
you cry? Am I mad, or just a fool? Don't I remember that I already
gave away this game yesterday? Oh, sure it might look like that, but
here, examine this serial x8 kybf2 f5 ikn 7n3 and you will see it is
completely different. Yup, I had two copies of the game to give-away,
and this is the second one. Everything I said about the game yesterday
still stands (even Ubisoft can't ruin a game that quickly); it is a
well-made arcade racer, even if it doesn't really push the envelope in
any way. But it's fun, it's free and - if you're quick enough - it
could be yours. Well, not yours, Ant, since you already got the last
one... but yours everyone else. Hop to it!

And there we go! Another two games to round out the twelve days of
Christmas 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away! That's been a total
of 24 games, so I hope everyone found at least one that looked
interesting to them (and if you didn't, well, try one of the
'uninteresting' games and maybe expand your horizons a bit!). I hope
these little offerings have added a bit of needed cheer to the end of
a fairly gloomy year, and as always... have fun, and keep gaming!
..
..
..
..
..
..
Except ...

.... There's just something nagging at me ...

.... Aren't the Twelve Days of Christmas supposed to end, you know...
on Christmas?

Hmmm ...

(dun-dahn DUNNNNN exciting cliff-hanger sting chord music thing!)

Tune in tomorrow?

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<mge9sgp1jlu740d7gvramugjbpv55n0tb1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5505&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5505

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:04:42 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:04 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:30 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Tune in tomorrow?

I will pass on these and definitely tune in tomorrow.

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<MNqdnREio8p3l1j8nZ2dnUU7-cudnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5507&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5507

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:48:58 -0600
 by: Ant - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:48 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> <sing>And on the twelfth day of Christmas, c.s.i.p.g.action gave to
> me... another two games completely for free!</sing> Man, my meter and
> rhythm suck (my voice, on the other hand, is positively angelic ;-).
> Hopefully the games themselves will be more entertaining. Shall we
> find out?

You should be on American Idol. ;)

> Today we start with "Papo & Yo", a game which I acclaimed as my pick
> for 'best game of 2013'. So, yeah, this one is a bit old, but don't
> let that put you off; it's still a good game. It is, however, also a
> bit of a niche game; for one thing, it's alarmingly close to being a
> "walking sim", which is a genre a lot of people don't care for (I find
> them hit or miss). There are a few puzzles, but they are quite
> forgiving. It's also a thoroughly Indie-game, something made
> immediately obvious by the fact that - like so many Indie games - it
> involves guiding the child protagonist out of the dangerous situation
> he has been thrust into. The subject matter may also be either too
> cutesy or too serious/personal (depending on whether or not you pick
> up on the subtext). Still, I think the game is a treat; it's an
> interesting narrative with just enough gameplay to spice things up, a
> colorful art style. It's a well-told and imaginatively artistic work
> and one I think everyone should give a try. Unfortunately, I have only
> the one key a4 cbg699qr69 f6x but I do urge you to at least give the
> game a look.

It looks interesting. I took it. ;)

> And we'll close out with the 2019 version of GRID. What's that I hear
> you cry? Am I mad, or just a fool? Don't I remember that I already
> gave away this game yesterday? Oh, sure it might look like that, but
> here, examine this serial x8 kybf2 f5 ikn 7n3 and you will see it is
> completely different. Yup, I had two copies of the game to give-away,
> and this is the second one. Everything I said about the game yesterday
> still stands (even Ubisoft can't ruin a game that quickly); it is a
> well-made arcade racer, even if it doesn't really push the envelope in
> any way. But it's fun, it's free and - if you're quick enough - it
> could be yours. Well, not yours, Ant, since you already got the last
> one... but yours everyone else. Hop to it!

Oh, same game but different keys. ;)

> And there we go! Another two games to round out the twelve days of
> Christmas 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away! That's been a total
> of 24 games, so I hope everyone found at least one that looked
> interesting to them (and if you didn't, well, try one of the
> 'uninteresting' games and maybe expand your horizons a bit!). I hope
> these little offerings have added a bit of needed cheer to the end of
> a fairly gloomy year, and as always... have fun, and keep gaming!
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Except ...

> ... There's just something nagging at me ...

> ... Aren't the Twelve Days of Christmas supposed to end, you know...
> on Christmas?

> Hmmm ...

> (dun-dahn DUNNNNN exciting cliff-hanger sting chord music thing!)

> Tune in tomorrow?

:D
--
Dang coldness, colony, works, leaks, rain, mess, z, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, illnesses, body, life, craziness, BUSYness, etc. again. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. *<|:D
| |o o| |

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<123asglbejob4fmal58tsc2la37okqiqif@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5509&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5509

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:55:21 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:55 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:30 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>Tune in tomorrow?

Are you going to do that blasty crazy bunch of fireworks thing that
always comes at the end of the show? Exactly how many duplicate keys do
you have sir? I will tune in to find out.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<sq4riv$ltg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5515&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5515

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:13:18 -0700
 by: rms - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:13 UTC

Great stuff! Oh...a cliffhanger!

rms

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<oesbsgldf0plrmsceolfju51kvad61iqtq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5517&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5517

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:19:39 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:19 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:48:58 -0600, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>> <sing>And on the twelfth day of Christmas, c.s.i.p.g.action gave to
>> me... another two games completely for free!</sing> Man, my meter and
>> rhythm suck (my voice, on the other hand, is positively angelic ;-).

>You should be on American Idol. ;)

Of course, when I say "angelic", I don't mean those cute little
cherubs. I mean those alien looking multi-eyed monsters and rings of
fire; the ones whose voices - should you be unfortunate enough to hear
them - would cause your heart to burst, bones to crumble, and mind to
go insane (although, I suppose, after your heart bursts and bones
crumble, insanity is the least of your problems).

Yeah, my singing is a lot like that.

You're right, very similar to what you hear on American Idol.

>> Today we start with "Papo & Yo", a game which I acclaimed as my pick

>It looks interesting. I took it. ;)

Yay! Except now I worry I oversold it and you'll be disappointed. No
wait, it's a great game.

>> ... Aren't the Twelve Days of Christmas supposed to end, you know...
>> on Christmas?
>> (dun-dahn DUNNNNN exciting cliff-hanger sting chord music thing!)
>> Tune in tomorrow?

>:D

The suspense is killing me!

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<ja0ksg5m6niqoq3u0h6o7t05dcl2c46ppc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5584&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5584

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:16:40 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:16 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:55:21 -0600, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:30 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>>Tune in tomorrow?

>Are you going to do that blasty crazy bunch of fireworks thing that
>always comes at the end of the show? Exactly how many duplicate keys do
>you have sir? I will tune in to find out.

Wow, that's one slow newsfeed (yours or mine, I'm not sure). You
posted this on the 23rd and I only received it on the 27th.

You know all those necroposts we occasionally get, and we just assume
they are clueless GoogleNews users? Maybe they're just on *really*
slow news-servers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the Grand Finale, even if the fireworks did
get a bit out of hand. I'm sure Australia is used to being on fire
anyway.

Doing the math of 2 keys per day for 14 days, plus a bonus I gave away
at the start of the month, I come to.... (multiply by five... carry
the one... square-root.... divide by negative six...) 8 million 3
hundred sixteen thousand five hundred twelve keys. Approximately. (You
may wish to double-check my work). And for each one I had to give a
little intro describing what the game was. Whew! No wonder I'm so
tired.

And of that number, only fifteen were claimed (or, at least, people
announced that they took the keys). I'm not sure the effort was worth
the outcome...

Oh well; I had fun. I hope you all did too. Feel free to grab one of
the left-over keys on your way out!

Re: 2021 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #12

<qr4nsgd5eh281u1vd3bqg9ip8dstgmnocf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5598&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5598

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:46:59 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 22:46 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:16:40 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:55:21 -0600, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:30 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>>Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>
>>>Tune in tomorrow?
>
>>Are you going to do that blasty crazy bunch of fireworks thing that
>>always comes at the end of the show? Exactly how many duplicate keys do
>>you have sir? I will tune in to find out.
>
>Wow, that's one slow newsfeed (yours or mine, I'm not sure). You
>posted this on the 23rd and I only received it on the 27th.
>
>You know all those necroposts we occasionally get, and we just assume
>they are clueless GoogleNews users? Maybe they're just on *really*
>slow news-servers.

I'm posting through Eternal-September.

I'm pretty sure the necroposts are coming from Eternal-Darkness. LOL