From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game x???: Pathfinder Kingmaker
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:10:18 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:10 UTC

Tick-tock; it's that time again. Time for another freebie from Epic.
And what has time brought us today?

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pathfinder-kingmaker

Another game based on a table-top role-playing game, which is always a
plus in my book (even though I'm actually not much of a fan of the
underlying Pathfinder game). It's a top-down party-based computer RPG
in the mold of "Baldur's Gate"; it's not really original but it's
well-made. It is a long game though, so if you're going to dive into
this one set aside forty, fifty, or even a hundred and fifty hours.
Personally, I can't get too excited about this game; it's one of those
I tell myself I probably should play, but the top-down view-point, the
generic fantasy, the amount of screen-text to parse, and the
incredible length are all putting me off. Younger me would have loved
this game, though. Where have you gone, younger me?

It's free for the next 24 hours (give or take), so get it before it's
replaced by the next game.

Re: Free Game x???: Pathfinder Kingmaker

<73a7462e-62c9-4f82-b1ab-04c9ec6634ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5519&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5519

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:00:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Free Game x???: Pathfinder Kingmaker
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:00 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 8:10:33 AM UTC-8, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Tick-tock; it's that time again. Time for another freebie from Epic.
> And what has time brought us today?
>
> Pathfinder: Kingmaker
> https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pathfinder-kingmaker
>
> Another game based on a table-top role-playing game, which is always a
> plus in my book (even though I'm actually not much of a fan of the
> underlying Pathfinder game). It's a top-down party-based computer RPG
> in the mold of "Baldur's Gate"; it's not really original but it's
> well-made. It is a long game though, so if you're going to dive into
> this one set aside forty, fifty, or even a hundred and fifty hours.
> Personally, I can't get too excited about this game; it's one of those
> I tell myself I probably should play, but the top-down view-point, the
> generic fantasy, the amount of screen-text to parse, and the
> incredible length are all putting me off. Younger me would have loved
> this game, though. Where have you gone, younger me?
>
> It's free for the next 24 hours (give or take), so get it before it's
> replaced by the next game.

Pathfinder might be better as a computer game. As a tabletop
I think they went the wrong direction making 3e D&D more
complicated (ironically 4e D&D tried to make it less complicated
but extremely balanced, failed at the complicated and thus
made it more like a computer game too, and that failure spawned
Pathfinder. That and they farmed stuff out to Pathfinder in 3.5,
that never ends well for the company farming stuff out.)

I picked it up and will give it a try. I've heard people say it's much
better than the tabletop. I too am not so much into the top down
any more, and hate tons of screen-text though. Too much
stuff to give a try!

- Justisaur

Re: Free Pathfinder Kingmaker & its DLC!

<0ZCdnYqC1ancvlv8nZ2dnUU7-IGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5524&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5524

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Free Pathfinder Kingmaker & its DLC!
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:45:05 -0600
 by: Ant - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 19:45 UTC

Nice. I briefly played its free weekend. I enjoyed it. Um, can I still
use my Steam's saved games with this Epic's game? Also,
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pathfinder-kingmaker--bloody-mess
DLC is free too! ;)

--
Dang coldness, colony, works, leaks, rain, mess, z, software upgrades, free games, spams, (scam/fraud)s, greeds, inflations, illnesses, body, life, craziness, BUSYness, etc. :( Happy Holidays / Season's Greetings / Merry Christmas / etc. though. *<|:D
| |o o| |