"An open mind has but one disadvantage: it collects dirt." -- a saying at RPI

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

SubjectAuthor
* Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersYour Name
+- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersWaltS48
+* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersВаше Имя
|`- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersoccam
+* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|+* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersSnowshed.
||`- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|`* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersR.Wieser
| `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|  `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersR.Wieser
|   `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|    +- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersR.Wieser
|    `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersKen Blake
|     `- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
+* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersAndy Burns
|`* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersWolf K
| `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersYour Name
|  +- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersAndy Burns
|  +* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|  |`* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersFrank Slootweg
|  | `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|  |  `* Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersFrank Slootweg
|  |   `- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersCarlos E.R.
|  `- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersMayayana
`- Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headersDirk T. Verbeek

1
Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp114d$1apg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56387&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56387

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:06:58 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 02:06 UTC

In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it has
many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.

Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?

Delivered-To
Received
X-Google-Smtp-Source
X-Received
ARC-Seal
ARC-Message-Signature
ARC-Authentication-Results
Return-Path
Received
Received-SPF
Authentication-Results
Received
DKIM-Signature
X-Virus-Scanned
Received
Received
Subject
X-PHP-Originating-Script
From
X-Mailer
MIME-Version
Content-Type
Reply-to
Message-Id
Date

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<7cUsJ.101049$1d1.1056@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56388&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56388

Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
From: sch...@invalid.net (WaltS48)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 21:40:03 -0500
 by: WaltS48 - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 02:40 UTC

On 12/10/21 9:06 PM, Your Name wrote:
> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it
> has
> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>
> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?
>
> Delivered-To
> Received
> X-Google-Smtp-Source
> X-Received
> ARC-Seal
> ARC-Message-Signature
> ARC-Authentication-Results
> Return-Path
> Received
> Received-SPF
> Authentication-Results
> Received
> DKIM-Signature
> X-Virus-Scanned
> Received
> Received
> Subject
> X-PHP-Originating-Script
> From
> X-Mailer
> MIME-Version
> Content-Type
> Reply-to
> Message-Id
> Date

Have you tried setting View > Headers > Normal from the Menu bar or button?

Works for me.

--
OS: Fedora 35 Workstation - Gnome 41 Desktop
Same Nightmare

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<F9VsJ.86285$gJs2.15771@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56389&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56389

From: ????????...@??????????????????????-??????????????????.ru (Ваше Имя)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 06:45:40 +0300
 by: Ваше Имя - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 03:45 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it has
> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>
> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?

Of course.

№1. Go to "Preferences » Composition" and change the setting "Forward Messages" to "Inline"

> Delivered-To
> Received
> X-Google-Smtp-Source
> X-Received
> ARC-Seal
> ARC-Message-Signature
> ARC-Authentication-Results
> Return-Path
> Received
> Received-SPF
> Authentication-Results
> Received
> DKIM-Signature
> X-Virus-Scanned
> Received
> Received
> Subject
> X-PHP-Originating-Script
> From
> X-Mailer
> MIME-Version
> Content-Type
> Reply-to
> Message-Id
> Date

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<j1k19cFobiaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56393&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56393

From: nob...@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 17:17:48 +0100
 by: occam - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:17 UTC

On 11/12/2021 04:45, Ваше Имя wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it has
>> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>>
>> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?
>

> Of course.
>
> №1. Go to "Preferences » Composition" and change the setting "Forward Messages" to "Inline"

'Ваше Имя' translates as 'Your Name'. Ha ha! Vary funny.

Not: WalS48's solution (above) is simpler, and works.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<o48f8i-arj.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56394&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56394

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 19:44:07 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 18:44 UTC

On 11/12/2021 03.06, Your Name wrote:
> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it
> has
> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>
> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?
>
> Delivered-To
> Received
> X-Google-Smtp-Source
> X-Received
> ARC-Seal
> ARC-Message-Signature
> ARC-Authentication-Results
> Return-Path
> Received
> Received-SPF
> Authentication-Results
> Received
> DKIM-Signature
> X-Virus-Scanned
> Received
> Received
> Subject
> X-PHP-Originating-Script
> From
> X-Mailer
> MIME-Version
> Content-Type
> Reply-to
> Message-Id
> Date

Well, looking at the above, the Message-Id header is mandatory, so those
headers are not "ridiculous". Not going to analyze all of them now, but
one of them not being "ridiculous" nullifies your assertion.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<j1kdo0Fqn01U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56395&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56395

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 19:50:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 19:50 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?

Many of the headers will be added by google, not thunderbird.

Think yourself lucky you're not sending the email via outlook.com your message
would be lost in the noise compared to the headers ... but given those headers
aren't all displayed by default, why would you care?

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sQ9tJ.3060$8Q7.2343@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56397&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56397

Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
From: wolf...@sympatico.ca (Wolf K)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 17:43:36 -0500
 by: Wolf K - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 22:43 UTC

On 2021-12-11 14:50, Andy Burns wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous
>> headers?
>
> Many of the headers will be added by google, not thunderbird.
>
> Think yourself lucky you're not sending the email via outlook.com your
> message would be lost in the noise compared to the headers ... but given
> those headers aren't all displayed by default, why would you care?

..... and if there is a legal problem related to the email, the headers
may be crucial.

--
Wolf K <https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com>
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times – though any decent

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp3bjp$m21$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56401&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56401

From: kcomptu...@q.com (Snowshed.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:19:29 -0700
 by: Snowshed. - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 23:19 UTC

On 12/11/21 11:44 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 11/12/2021 03.06, Your Name wrote:
>> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it
>> has
>> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>>
>> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous
>> headers?
>>
>> Delivered-To
>> Received
>> X-Google-Smtp-Source
>> X-Received
>> ARC-Seal
>> ARC-Message-Signature
>> ARC-Authentication-Results
>> Return-Path
>> Received
>> Received-SPF
>> Authentication-Results
>> Received
>> DKIM-Signature
>> X-Virus-Scanned
>> Received
>> Received
>> Subject
>> X-PHP-Originating-Script
>> From
>> X-Mailer
>> MIME-Version
>> Content-Type
>> Reply-to
>> Message-Id
>> Date
>

> Well, looking at the above, the Message-Id header is mandatory, so those
> headers are not "ridiculous". Not going to analyze all of them now, but
> one of them not being "ridiculous" nullifies your assertion.

Aren't many of those headers added by the sending server? That's my
impression, anyway.

Over the years, I've looked for a non-technical explanation of all the
possible headers with no success.

*****************

OT venting...

I really, really hate this program anymore.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<346g8i-jtj.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56408&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56408

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 04:15:47 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 03:15 UTC

On 12/12/2021 00.19, Snowshed. wrote:
> On 12/11/21 11:44 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 11/12/2021 03.06, Your Name wrote:
>>> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it
>>> has
>>> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>>>
>>> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous
>>> headers?
>>>
>>> Delivered-To
>>> Received
>>> X-Google-Smtp-Source
>>> X-Received
>>> ARC-Seal
>>> ARC-Message-Signature
>>> ARC-Authentication-Results
>>> Return-Path
>>> Received
>>> Received-SPF
>>> Authentication-Results
>>> Received
>>> DKIM-Signature
>>> X-Virus-Scanned
>>> Received
>>> Received
>>> Subject
>>> X-PHP-Originating-Script
>>> From
>>> X-Mailer
>>> MIME-Version
>>> Content-Type
>>> Reply-to
>>> Message-Id
>>> Date
>>

>> Well, looking at the above, the Message-Id header is mandatory, so those
>> headers are not "ridiculous". Not going to analyze all of them now, but
>> one of them not being "ridiculous" nullifies your assertion.
>
> Aren't many of those headers added by the sending server? That's my
> impression, anyway.

Sure, but I did not bother to try to check which ;-)

> Over the years, I've looked for a non-technical explanation of all the
> possible headers with no success.

They are on RFCs.

> *****************
>
> OT venting...
>
> I really, really hate this program anymore.

I don't.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp3qtm$83f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56409&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56409

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 03:39:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Your Name - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 03:39 UTC

On 2021-12-11 22:43:36 +0000, Wolf K said:

>> Think yourself lucky you're not sending the email via outlook.com your
>> message would be lost in the noise compared to the headers ... but given
>> those headers aren't all displayed by default, why would you care?
>
> .... and if there is a legal problem related to the email, the headers
> may be crucial.

The headers are mostly ridiculous garbage related to Google server setup.

If Outlook is worse, I feel sorry for Outlook users because the Google
header garbage is almost always ten times as long or more than the body is.

Those ridiculously voluminous headers only show up when forwarding.
They do not show up in Thunderbird when reading the original message.

The two suggested Thunderbird settings that were implicated were
Tools > Preferences > Composition > Forward messages inline
View > Headers > All

Leaving the first alone and changing the second solved the problem!
View > Headers > Normal

That alone reduces the ridiculous list of unnecessary headers from these.

Subject:

To these.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp4bqd$11qc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56411&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56411

From: addr...@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:27:53 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:27 UTC

Carlos,

> but one of them not being "ridiculous" nullifies your assertion.

And which assertion would that be ? Care to quote it ?

Youknow ofcourse that if that assertion is not actually done by the OP (and
he hasn't) than your whole complaint has no leg to stand on, and as such
gets "nullified.

Also, playing your old game again ? You know, complaining something
being wrong but not giving an iota of information to how it it can be
corrected ? As such - without information to correct percieved wrongs -
your posts are useless to anyone. Particulary including to the OP.

Also, that message-id header is a bit special. It is, and isn't
mandatory. You're not expecting me to explain that, do you ? "when in
Rome", and all that ....

And funny : just like last time (in alt.os.linux) all you do is bitch about
some (currently made up) wrong, when others had/have no problem
understanding the question and provided the OP a solution to it.

As for your second post ? You show yourself again having trouble with just
reading the question. What was your suggestion ? "they are on RFCs".
What was the question again ? "a non-technical explanation". Yeah,
right. RFCs should be considered "non-technical". Riiighht....

Besides, mentioning "they are on RFCs" without including what, according to
you, they should be looking for is as usefull as silently pointing someone
to the nearest library.

Kid, first off, learn to read and absorb the question. Second, when you do
not understand the question or not have anything that would help the asker
getting closer to a solution its better to keep your mouth shut. Flapping
your trap like you currently do helps noone and instead just makes you look
like an ass.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<61b5b51c$0$24015$e4fe514c@usenet.xs4all.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56412&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56412

Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
From: dir...@example.com (Dirk T. Verbeek)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:38:52 +0100
 by: Dirk T. Verbeek - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:38 UTC

Op 11-12-2021 om 03:06 schreef Your Name:
> In google email on Thunderbird, on Windows, when I forward a message, it
> has
> many long line headers most of which I have to delete as shown below.
>
> Is there a setting in Thunderbird to NOT include those ridiculous headers?
>
> Delivered-To
> Received
> X-Google-Smtp-Source
> X-Received
> ARC-Seal
> ARC-Message-Signature
> ARC-Authentication-Results
> Return-Path
> Received
> Received-SPF
> Authentication-Results
> Received
> DKIM-Signature
> X-Virus-Scanned
> Received
> Received
> Subject
> X-PHP-Originating-Script
> From
> X-Mailer
> MIME-Version
> Content-Type
> Reply-to
> Message-Id
> Date

That's at least in part how security works, these days a lot of it is
needed to weed out bad actors.
Some of it has been made obligatory by large providers, esp. google mail.

But why complain about something you only see when looking at the source
of a message? (Ctlr+u)

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<j1lu33F4p08U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56413&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56413

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:35:29 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:35 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> View > Headers > Normal
> That alone reduces the ridiculous list of unnecessary headers from these.

But it doesn't "remove" them as you were asking, it simply doesn't display them,
and "normal" is the default setting, why did you set it to "all" if you don't
want to see them?

p.s. you may be interested in this add-on
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/compact-headers/>

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<et2h8i-mhp.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56414&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56414

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 12:27:10 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 11:27 UTC

On 12/12/2021 09.27, R.Wieser wrote:
> Carlos,
>
>> but one of them not being "ridiculous" nullifies your assertion.
>
> And which assertion would that be ? Care to quote it ?
>
> Youknow ofcourse that if that assertion is not actually done by the OP (and
> he hasn't) than your whole complaint has no leg to stand on, and as such
> gets "nullified.
>

> Also, playing your old game again ? You know, complaining something
> being wrong but not giving an iota of information to how it it can be
> corrected ? As such - without information to correct percieved wrongs -
> your posts are useless to anyone. Particulary including to the OP.
>
> Also, that message-id header is a bit special. It is, and isn't
> mandatory. You're not expecting me to explain that, do you ? "when in
> Rome", and all that ....
>
> And funny : just like last time (in alt.os.linux) all you do is bitch about
> some (currently made up) wrong, when others had/have no problem
> understanding the question and provided the OP a solution to it.
>

> As for your second post ? You show yourself again having trouble with just
> reading the question. What was your suggestion ? "they are on RFCs".
> What was the question again ? "a non-technical explanation". Yeah,
> right. RFCs should be considered "non-technical". Riiighht....
>
> Besides, mentioning "they are on RFCs" without including what, according to
> you, they should be looking for is as usefull as silently pointing someone
> to the nearest library.
>

> Kid, first off, learn to read and absorb the question. Second, when you do
> not understand the question or not have anything that would help the asker
> getting closer to a solution its better to keep your mouth shut. Flapping
> your trap like you currently do helps noone and instead just makes you look
> like an ass.
>
> Regards,
> Rudy Wieser

Ignoring.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<qn3h8i-8bq.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56415&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56415

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 12:41:14 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 11:41 UTC

On 12/12/2021 04.39, Your Name wrote:
> On 2021-12-11 22:43:36 +0000, Wolf K said:
>
>>> Think yourself lucky you're not sending the email via outlook.com your
>>> message would be lost in the noise compared to the headers ... but given
>>> those headers aren't all displayed by default, why would you care?
>>
>> .... and if there is a legal problem related to the email, the headers
>> may be crucial.
>
> The headers are mostly ridiculous garbage related to Google server setup.
>
> If Outlook is worse, I feel sorry for Outlook users because the Google
> header garbage is almost always ten times as long or more than the body is.
>
> Those ridiculously voluminous headers only show up when forwarding.
> They do not show up in Thunderbird when reading the original message.
>
> The two suggested Thunderbird settings that were implicated were
> Tools > Preferences > Composition > Forward messages inline
> View > Headers > All
>
> Leaving the first alone and changing the second solved the problem!
> View > Headers > Normal

Well, of course :-D

Nobody uses "View > Headers > All" :-)

> That alone reduces the ridiculous list of unnecessary headers from these.

> Subject:
>
> To these.

Ah, but this is information you did not say or was not clear before. You
are forwarding "inline". In this manner you get a subset of the headers,
but no longer as headers, but as message text. You can also edit them.
Even the mail body is not intact.

It is different than forwarding as attachment, in which method the
entire mail is included intact.

But in both cases thunderbird should not add any new "header" to the
forwarded section, all should be in the original email you got. And none
are proper headers of the new email you are sending.

I thought you were referring to the proper headers of the email, not to
those in the text.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp524p$jat$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56416&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56416

From: addr...@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:48:54 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 14:48 UTC

Carlos,

> Ignoring.

Thanks for telling me that you refuse/can't answer a simple question in
regard to what the OPs aledged assertion would be. It makes you /at best/ a
malicious troll.

Although I had a bit of hope that you would recognise what I said and stop
and think about what you're doing, my posts second audience is the other
people here - making them aware of your shennigans.

And by the way, I don't think you actually know very much. You just use a
big word (like "RFC") and hope the other will than come up with the next
step and tell you - after which you than can just claim that that was indeed
what you ment.

Nice trick though. Probably fools a newbie into thinking that you know a
lot. Upto the point where they notice that you're never the source of the
actual solution ...

.... and by me pointing that out I might even expedite that process. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp541u$gtf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56417&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56417

From: mayay...@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 10:21:38 -0500
 by: Mayayana - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:21 UTC

"Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote

| The headers are mostly ridiculous garbage related to Google server setup.

Actually most of it is "traditional". The sender inserts all of the basic
stuff, which should include from, to, content type markers, and *may*
include elements such as the name of the email program, which is
basically an ad. Then the path the email takes gets added as it goes along.

Newer items include encrypted signature for authentication as well
as a spam report, if you use a server-side spam filter. Then there are
various actors trying to put their brand on it. For example, I think TBird
adds pointless Mozilla header lines. So it has gotten more bloated
over time. Techie people are good at manufacturing officiality and
expressing it as bloat. But much of the header is relevant.

If it were me I'd prefer you not forward, anyway. Just copy and
paste what you thought was relevant. I get lots of forwarded
emails where someone thought the forwarded an article, but it didn't
come through. Or they forwarded HTML and I don't allow HTML
email to display. If the message is worth sending then it's worth
taking the time to actually write/format it yourself. Don't forward
HTML. And make sure what you're forwarding is not just a link to
something you're reading.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp5l2n.784.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56420&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56420

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: 12 Dec 2021 19:12:18 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 19:12 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> >> .... and if there is a legal problem related to the email, the headers
> >> may be crucial.
> >
> > The headers are mostly ridiculous garbage related to Google server setup.
> >
> > If Outlook is worse, I feel sorry for Outlook users because the Google
> > header garbage is almost always ten times as long or more than the body is.
> >
> > Those ridiculously voluminous headers only show up when forwarding.
> > They do not show up in Thunderbird when reading the original message.
> >
> > The two suggested Thunderbird settings that were implicated were
> > Tools > Preferences > Composition > Forward messages inline
> > View > Headers > All
> >
> > Leaving the first alone and changing the second solved the problem!
> > View > Headers > Normal
>
> Well, of course :-D
>
> Nobody uses "View > Headers > All" :-)

Also with "View > Headers > All", the/all headers are also displayed
for the *original* message, i.e. in the message pane or in a message
window.

So forwarding has absolutely nothing to do with it!

Apparently 'Your Name' never noticed all these headers in the message
pane/window, because there only some seven headers are displayed and the
rest is 'hidden' behind the rest of the scrolling (sub)pane.

Bottom line: Seems a case of foot-in-mouth disease.

[...]

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<i68i8i-qqh.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56425&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56425

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 23:03:30 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 22:03 UTC

On 12/12/2021 15.48, R.Wieser wrote:
> Carlos,
>
>> Ignoring.
>
> Thanks for telling me that you refuse/can't answer a simple question in
> regard to what the OPs aledged assertion would be. It makes you /at best/ a
> malicious troll.
>
> Although I had a bit of hope that you would recognise what I said and stop
> and think about what you're doing, my posts second audience is the other
> people here - making them aware of your shennigans.
>

> And by the way, I don't think you actually know very much. You just use a
> big word (like "RFC") and hope the other will than come up with the next
> step and tell you - after which you than can just claim that that was indeed
> what you ment.
>
> Nice trick though. Probably fools a newbie into thinking that you know a
> lot. Upto the point where they notice that you're never the source of the
> actual solution ...
>
> ... and by me pointing that out I might even expedite that process. :-)

Further ignoring _you_.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<sp703m$5sm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56427&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56427

From: addr...@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:26:24 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:26 UTC

Carlos,

> Further ignoring _you_.

Telling someone you're ignoring him is what they call a "contradictio in
terminis". :-)

Also, who cares that you are "ignoring" me. Its absolute meaningless,
knowing that that is the way you will handle anything-and-everything you
can't/refuse to cope with.

Look at yourself : you've conjured up a lie (and with it bashed someone
else!), and when you're confronted with it you just stick your head in the
sand.

But as I already said, currently only part of my posts with your name above
it are *for* you. most of it is now *about* you.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<j1p778FnvdlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56435&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56435

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:29:44 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:29 UTC

On 12/12/2021 3:03 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 15.48, R.Wieser wrote:
>> Carlos,
>>
>>> Ignoring.
>>
>> Thanks for telling me that you refuse/can't answer a simple question in
>> regard to what the OPs aledged assertion would be. It makes you /at best/ a
>> malicious troll.
>>
>> Although I had a bit of hope that you would recognise what I said and stop
>> and think about what you're doing, my posts second audience is the other
>> people here - making them aware of your shennigans.
>>

>> And by the way, I don't think you actually know very much. You just use a
>> big word (like "RFC") and hope the other will than come up with the next
>> step and tell you - after which you than can just claim that that was indeed
>> what you ment.
>>
>> Nice trick though. Probably fools a newbie into thinking that you know a
>> lot. Upto the point where they notice that you're never the source of the
>> actual solution ...
>>
>> ... and by me pointing that out I might even expedite that process. :-)
>
> Further ignoring _you_.

Since you replied to him, you're obviously not really ignoring him.

If you want to really ignore someone, killfile him.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<3ruk8i-g6c.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56437&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56437

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:42:11 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 22:42 UTC

On 13/12/2021 16.29, Ken Blake wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 3:03 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 12/12/2021 15.48, R.Wieser wrote:
>>> Carlos,

>>> Thanks for telling me that you refuse/can't answer a simple question in
>>> regard to what the OPs aledged assertion would be.  It makes you /at
>>> best/ a
>>> malicious troll.
>>>
>>> Although I had a bit of hope that you would recognise what I said and
>>> stop
>>> and think about what you're doing, my posts second audience is the other
>>> people here - making them aware of your shennigans.
>>>

>>> And by the way, I don't think you actually know very much.   You just
>>> use a
>>> big word (like "RFC") and hope the other will than come up with the next
>>> step and tell you - after which you than can just claim that that was
>>> indeed
>>> what you ment.
>>>
>>> Nice trick though.  Probably fools a newbie into thinking that you
>>> know a
>>> lot.   Upto the point where they notice that you're never the source
>>> of the
>>> actual solution ...
>>>
>>> ... and by me pointing that out I might even expedite that process. :-)
>>
>> Further ignoring _you_.
>

> Since you replied to him, you're obviously not really ignoring him.
>
> If you want to really ignore someone, killfile him.

Well, I want to tell him that I will not bother to answer him :-)

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<advk8i-3rc.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56438&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56438

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:51:54 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 22:51 UTC

On 12/12/2021 20.12, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> The headers are mostly ridiculous garbage related to Google server setup.
>>>
>>> If Outlook is worse, I feel sorry for Outlook users because the Google
>>> header garbage is almost always ten times as long or more than the body is.
>>>
>>> Those ridiculously voluminous headers only show up when forwarding.
>>> They do not show up in Thunderbird when reading the original message.
>>>
>>> The two suggested Thunderbird settings that were implicated were
>>> Tools > Preferences > Composition > Forward messages inline
>>> View > Headers > All
>>>
>>> Leaving the first alone and changing the second solved the problem!
>>> View > Headers > Normal
>>
>> Well, of course :-D
>>
>> Nobody uses "View > Headers > All" :-)
>
> Also with "View > Headers > All", the/all headers are also displayed
> for the *original* message, i.e. in the message pane or in a message
> window.

True.

> So forwarding has absolutely nothing to do with it!
>
> Apparently 'Your Name' never noticed all these headers in the message
> pane/window, because there only some seven headers are displayed and the
> rest is 'hidden' behind the rest of the scrolling (sub)pane.

They are not really "all", either. When I want to see them, I use
ctrl-U, but I don't have them displayed for every email.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<spaeb5.188g.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56447&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56447

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: 14 Dec 2021 14:48:04 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 14:48 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 20.12, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> > Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> >> Well, of course :-D
> >>
> >> Nobody uses "View > Headers > All" :-)
> >
> > Also with "View > Headers > All", the/all headers are also displayed
> > for the *original* message, i.e. in the message pane or in a message
> > window.
>
> True.
>

> > So forwarding has absolutely nothing to do with it!
> >
> > Apparently 'Your Name' never noticed all these headers in the message
> > pane/window, because there only some seven headers are displayed and the
> > rest is 'hidden' behind the rest of the scrolling (sub)pane.
>
> They are not really "all", either.

Huh? Did you use ("View > Headers > All" and) the *scroll-bar* in the
headers (sub)pane of the message pane/window? AFAIK/AFAICT, all headers
are in that headers (sub)pane. If not, which one(s) do you think are
missing?

> When I want to see them, I use
> ctrl-U, but I don't have them displayed for every email.

Yes, that's the shortcut for "View -> Message Source", which shows
the headers and the rest of the message as it goes 'over the wire'. (And
of course I also have the default "View > Headers > Normal".)

> > Bottom line: Seems a case of foot-in-mouth disease.
> >
> > [...]

Re: Forwarded thunderbird email has too many ridiculous headers

<ncan8i-btt.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56450&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56450

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 21:11:35 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:11 UTC

On 14/12/2021 15.48, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> Also with "View > Headers > All", the/all headers are also displayed
>>> for the *original* message, i.e. in the message pane or in a message
>>> window.
>>
>> True.
>>

>>> So forwarding has absolutely nothing to do with it!
>>>
>>> Apparently 'Your Name' never noticed all these headers in the message
>>> pane/window, because there only some seven headers are displayed and the
>>> rest is 'hidden' behind the rest of the scrolling (sub)pane.
>>
>> They are not really "all", either.
>
> Huh? Did you use ("View > Headers > All" and) the *scroll-bar* in the
> headers (sub)pane of the message pane/window? AFAIK/AFAICT, all headers
> are in that headers (sub)pane. If not, which one(s) do you think are
> missing?

Oh, I was looking at the list he posted.

I just activated the setting (I had not done so for years) and compared
to ctrl-U. Maybe "all", I don't know, because they are sorted in some
manner. Not easy to compare.

--
Cheers, Carlos.