From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Ask Woody newsletter
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:28:05 +0000
 by: Peter Johnson - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:28 UTC

I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who subscribes to or has
subscribed to the Ask Woody PC/Windows newsletter. I'm probably not
the only one who paid a small amout ($50 I think) for a lifetime
subscription.
Just received an email from Susan Bradley saying that she took over
the newsletter a year ago and is pleased to honour the lifetime
guarantee, just like the previous five owners.
Not quite. I haven't received the newsletter for several years and
this is the first communication that I've received from her, so if she
thinks the life members are being serviced she needs to get her
database sorted out.

Re: Ask Woody newsletter

<11s1b4iwz3qej$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56653&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56653

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Ask Woody newsletter
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:00:09 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:00 UTC

Peter Johnson <peter@parksidewood.nospam> wrote:

> I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who subscribes to or has
> subscribed to the Ask Woody PC/Windows newsletter. I'm probably not
> the only one who paid a small amout ($50 I think) for a lifetime
> subscription.
> Just received an email from Susan Bradley saying that she took over
> the newsletter a year ago and is pleased to honour the lifetime
> guarantee, just like the previous five owners.
> Not quite. I haven't received the newsletter for several years and
> this is the first communication that I've received from her, so if she
> thinks the life members are being serviced she needs to get her
> database sorted out.

For *just* the newsletter you mention, is there different content in it
between the free and Plus subscriptions? The Plus subscription includes
the newsletter, and other communication, but just the newletter looks to
be free.

They went to their Plus service tier back in August 2019. Is "several
years" about 2 years? Or longer? If just over 2 years, that was when
Susan enforced the Plus policy (so, Plus started before then).

Not sure what you expect us netizens to do here about your missing
newletter subscription. We can't do anything on your behalf at AskWoody
about your subscription to their newsletter (if there is indeed a Plus
version having more content than the free version). Did you contact
*them* about the omission (CustomerSupport@AskWoody.com)?

https://www.askwoody.com/2019/were-easing-into-the-plus-membership-benefits/
"Everyone will be able to view or download every Newsletter except the
most recent one — which requires Plus Membership."

Didn't bother hunting through the rest of their site to see if that
policy changed. Since the newsletter is published 4 times a month, you
can't wait a week for the "most recent one" to become an old one?

Re: Ask Woody newsletter

<c5v0xwj425wl.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56789&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56789

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 17:18:16 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 23:18 UTC

Good Guy <Hello.World@example.onion> wrote:

> I do not use servers hosted by neo-Nazis or Italian Mafia. Therefore, you may not be able to read my interesting posts unless you are on proper news-servers such as <news://paganini.bofh.team/>

To other posters/readers, his often unreadable posts have nothing to do
with what servers he uses. He is a troll violating netiquette by
posting with HTML instead of text only content in a text newsgroup.

Re: Ask Woody newsletter

<j2udmiFs016U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56812&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56812

From: nob...@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 19:07:14 +0100
 by: occam - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:07 UTC

On 23/12/2021 20:28, Peter Johnson wrote:
> I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who subscribes to or has
> subscribed to the Ask Woody PC/Windows newsletter. I'm probably not
> the only one who paid a small amout ($50 I think) for a lifetime
> subscription.

Ah, that elusive 'lifetime' subscription. Does that refer to the
lifetime of the publication, the owner of the publication, the
subscriber, or the lifetime of his email address?

A few years back I bought a 'lifetime' subscription for maps for my GPS
device. When it conked out, I found out that 'lifetime' referred to the
device, not me.

> Just received an email from Susan Bradley saying that she took over
> the newsletter a year ago and is pleased to honour the lifetime
> guarantee, just like the previous five owners.
> Not quite. I haven't received the newsletter for several years and
> this is the first communication that I've received from her, so if she
> thinks the life members are being serviced she needs to get her
> database sorted out.

Re: Ask Woody newsletter

<sqegkn$35r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56827&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56827

From: winston...@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 01:07:48 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 08:07 UTC

occam wrote:
> On 23/12/2021 20:28, Peter Johnson wrote:
>> I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who subscribes to or has
>> subscribed to the Ask Woody PC/Windows newsletter. I'm probably not
>> the only one who paid a small amout ($50 I think) for a lifetime
>> subscription.
>

> Ah, that elusive 'lifetime' subscription. Does that refer to the
> lifetime of the publication, the owner of the publication, the
> subscriber, or the lifetime of his email address?
>
> A few years back I bought a 'lifetime' subscription for maps for my GPS
> device. When it conked out, I found out that 'lifetime' referred to the
> device, not me.
>

>> Just received an email from Susan Bradley saying that she took over
>> the newsletter a year ago and is pleased to honour the lifetime
>> guarantee, just like the previous five owners.
>> Not quite. I haven't received the newsletter for several years and
>> this is the first communication that I've received from her, so if she
>> thinks the life members are being serviced she needs to get her
>> database sorted out.

Susan B.'s interpretation, knowing her, afaik would be the lifetime of
the newsletter rather than the her lifetime.
Login is either email address or username(configured before or after
account creation).
Changing your email address is available.
<qp>
NOTE: Changing your email address here changes the address used with the
Lounge. Changing it will NOT affect the delivery address for AskWoody
Plus Newsletters or Alerts. In order to change your delivery address,
click the link at the bottom of each Newsletter or Alert that says,
"Update your email address or password.">
i.e. if you wish to change your email address for the Newsletters use
the option provided in the Newsletter or Alerts'

--