<miguel> any new sendmail hole I have to fix before going on vacations? -- Seen on #Linux

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Get rid of multiple license files?

SubjectAuthor
* Get rid of multiple license files?micky
+* Re: Get rid of multiple license files?Paul
|`* Re: Get rid of multiple license files?micky
| `- Re: Get rid of multiple license files?micky
`- Re: Get rid of multiple license files?Carlos E.R.

1
Get rid of multiple license files?

<01bmsglu42ag4o8aqmmkhng132assg6rqa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56829&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56829

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Get rid of multiple license files?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 10:41:55 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 15:41 UTC

I was looking for a missing .rtf file** and with Everything, and I found
that license.rtf was 10,868 files out of 12,500 .rtf total

Mostly 1K but up to 157K. Can I just delete all these? Would you?
Will I be arrested for RollingUp without a license?

It would make it a lot easier to find any other missing .rtf file.

Quite a few lipeula.rtf too, and some oobe_help_opt_in_details.rtf too
(although anything with help sounds important).

I know the space used is still not a lot but loads of directory entries.

Are there any other files with 1000's of copies I could delete?

**Wordpad's default was my Docuements file but I wanted it in my
Data\text file. I found one but thought there might be another
somewhere.

Re: Get rid of multiple license files?

<sqfg7b$gvo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56832&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56832

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Get rid of multiple license files?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:06:49 -0500
 by: Paul - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:06 UTC

On 12/28/2021 10:41 AM, micky wrote:
> I was looking for a missing .rtf file** and with Everything, and I found
> that license.rtf was 10,868 files out of 12,500 .rtf total
>
> Mostly 1K but up to 157K. Can I just delete all these? Would you?
> Will I be arrested for RollingUp without a license?
>
> It would make it a lot easier to find any other missing .rtf file.
>
> Quite a few lipeula.rtf too, and some oobe_help_opt_in_details.rtf too
> (although anything with help sounds important).
>
> I know the space used is still not a lot but loads of directory entries.
>
> Are there any other files with 1000's of copies I could delete?
>

> **Wordpad's default was my Docuements file but I wanted it in my
> Data\text file. I found one but thought there might be another
> somewhere.

"Nathan" in this thread, expresses an interest in the .rtf files.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/can-i-delete-eula-files-from-my-comuter.2629192/

And you notice, we never heard from Nathan again.

Cautionary tale ? Or what.

The first folder I checked, it was a Microsoft folder, and
it had 22 of those files!

But I don't want to end up like Nathan, in the slammer...

Paul

Re: Get rid of multiple license files?

<8lkmsgp745679rmmkgnlj0g85pfgnggr5i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56834&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56834

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:10:11 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:10 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:06:49 -0500, Paul
<nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

>On 12/28/2021 10:41 AM, micky wrote:
>> I was looking for a missing .rtf file** and with Everything, and I found
>> that license.rtf was 10,868 files out of 12,500 .rtf total
>>
>> Mostly 1K but up to 157K. Can I just delete all these? Would you?
>> Will I be arrested for RollingUp without a license?
>>
>> It would make it a lot easier to find any other missing .rtf file.
>>
>> Quite a few lipeula.rtf too, and some oobe_help_opt_in_details.rtf too
>> (although anything with help sounds important).
>>
>> I know the space used is still not a lot but loads of directory entries.
>>
>> Are there any other files with 1000's of copies I could delete?
>>

>> **Wordpad's default was my Docuements file but I wanted it in my
>> Data\text file. I found one but thought there might be another
>> somewhere.
>>

>"Nathan" in this thread, expresses an interest in the .rtf files.
>
>https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/can-i-delete-eula-files-from-my-comuter.2629192/
>
>And you notice, we never heard from Nathan again.
>
>Cautionary tale ? Or what.

I don't want something bad to happen to me!

>The first folder I checked, it was a Microsoft folder, and
>it had 22 of those files!
>
>But I don't want to end up like Nathan, in the slammer...

You think it's just jail. Oh, yeah, working without a eula. My first
reaction was that he was killed.

> Paul

Re: Get rid of multiple license files?

<pl0nsglan7sg3k3mom1gj9pe8ut658rm8m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56839&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56839

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:41:11 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:41 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:10:11 -0500, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:06:49 -0500, Paul
><nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 12/28/2021 10:41 AM, micky wrote:
>>> I was looking for a missing .rtf file** and with Everything, and I found
>>> that license.rtf was 10,868 files out of 12,500 .rtf total

When I did it, it found about 11,200 such files, and it added them up
for me, about 87megs, not much but 30 years I would have been happy to
have 87 megs. Towards the end it started refusing to delete them. After
20 of those I just cancelled and I have 288 left.

I reordered t hem 2 different ways and tried again but none got deleted.
I'm not positive it tried in the display order but in some file
managers, it copies them in the order they are listed.

There were 316 eula's but now there are 12. Now that the number is so
small, I should have time to read them.
>>> Mostly 1K but up to 157K. Can I just delete all these? Would you?
>>> Will I be arrested for RollingUp without a license?
>>>
>>> It would make it a lot easier to find any other missing .rtf file.
>>>
>>> Quite a few lipeula.rtf too, and some oobe_help_opt_in_details.rtf too
>>> (although anything with help sounds important).
>>>
>>> I know the space used is still not a lot but loads of directory entries.
>>>
>>> Are there any other files with 1000's of copies I could delete?
>>>

>>> **Wordpad's default was my Docuements file but I wanted it in my
>>> Data\text file. I found one but thought there might be another
>>> somewhere.
>>>

>>"Nathan" in this thread, expresses an interest in the .rtf files.
>>
>>https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/can-i-delete-eula-files-from-my-comuter.2629192/
>>
>>And you notice, we never heard from Nathan again.
>>
>>Cautionary tale ? Or what.
>
>I don't want something bad to happen to me!
>>
>>The first folder I checked, it was a Microsoft folder, and
>>it had 22 of those files!
>>
>>But I don't want to end up like Nathan, in the slammer...
>
>You think it's just jail. Oh, yeah, working without a eula. My first
>reaction was that he was killed.
>

>> Paul

Re: Get rid of multiple license files?

<o1fs9i-23p.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56840&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56840

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 23:18:00 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 22:18 UTC

On 28/12/2021 16.41, micky wrote:
> I was looking for a missing .rtf file** and with Everything, and I found
> that license.rtf was 10,868 files out of 12,500 .rtf total
>
> Mostly 1K but up to 157K. Can I just delete all these? Would you?
> Will I be arrested for RollingUp without a license?

I would archive them in a single zip archive, then delete them all :-)

Or not bother.

--
Cheers, Carlos.