From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless
Subject: Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 23:04:54 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 23:04 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> asked

>>> unless you are a router manufacturer, there is absolutely no need to
>>> 'debug a router'.
>>
>> The fact remains no other operating system other than iOS lacks these tools.
>
> Well "debug" is the wrong word.

You have a point that the verb we use could change depending on the purpose.

As an example, you might simply be curious what Wi-Fi networks are in the
area and at what strength and how they're changing over time, particularly
as you move among obstacles or up and down floors within any given building.

> What you use those tools for is to
> configure routers, especially when you have multiple routers that cover
> the overlapping areas and have performance issues because of
> interference.

Despite people like nospam claiming that iOS owners don't need no stinking
graphical wifi analysis tools, there are _many_ reasons to use wi-fi
graphical analysis tools (which is why they exist on all other platforms).
https://www.google.com/search?q=graphical+wifi+debugging+tools+windows

> It's especially useful in houses where you have multiple
> high-bandwith Wi-Fi devices like 4K TVs. Personally I ran Cat 6 in the
> attics to the TVs from the modem and router, but a lot of people depend
> on Wi-Fi for everything.

This article says they're especially useful for determining router range.
https://www.netspotapp.com/wifi-analyzer/best-wifi-analyzer-windows-apps.html

I doubt nospam can understand what they said, but for the others, they said
"Even though your router is advertised to have a certain range, you can't
expect the range to be the same in every direction.

This presents a problem: How can you know where's the best place to install
your router if the signal distribution isn't even? The answer is simple: You
use a WiFi analyzer tool"

*Of all the consumer operating systems, only iOS is crippled this way.*