A CONS is an object which cares. -- Bernie Greenberg.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

SubjectAuthor
* Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBoris
+* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBig Al
|`- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBoris
+* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|+* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Askingmechanic
||`- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|+* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingJim S
||+- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
||`* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBoris
|| +* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|| |`- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBoris
|| `- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingJim S
|`* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBoris
| +- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingPaul
| `* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|  +- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|  `* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBig Al
|   +* Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingKen Blake
|   |`- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingBig Al
|   `- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without AskingAJL
`- Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Askingmechanic

1
Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE06C2A81E47BBorisinvalidinvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56594&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56594

From: Bor...@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 03:08:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 03:08 UTC

Simple question:

I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge (don't
care for it) Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking if I
want to close all tabs.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<sprjv6$kg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56595&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56595

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:08:05 -0500
 by: Big Al - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:08 UTC

On 12/20/21 10:08 PM, this is what Boris wrote:
> Simple question:
>
> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge (don't
> care for it) Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking if I
> want to close all tabs.

I've got 98 and yes it will close all. But on the appearance screen in settings there is a slider to turn on that warning. With it on you
DO get a warning when closing the app.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2e5dnFop5oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56601&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56601

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 07:07:49 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 14:07 UTC

On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
> Simple question:
>
> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge (don't
> care for it)

For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's far
and away the worst of all browsers.

> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking if I
> want to close all tabs.

If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using it?
There are many better choices.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<56sf49xq57wd$.dlg@example1357.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56603&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56603

From: mecha...@example.net (mechanic)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:59:24 +0000
 by: mechanic - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:59 UTC

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 03:08:08 -0000 (UTC), Boris wrote:

> Simple question:
>
> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does
> Edge (don't care for it) Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to
> ask if I want to close all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all
> tabs close without asking if I want to close all tabs.

IF you select 'Settings/When Microsoft Edge starts/Open tabs from
previous session' that will stop the tabs from closing when you
shutdown Edge.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<1msi2czvmzcii.dlg@example1357.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56604&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56604

From: mecha...@example.net (mechanic)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:00:55 +0000
 by: mechanic - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:00 UTC

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 07:07:49 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Simple question:
>>
>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does
>> Edge (don't care for it)
>
> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think
> it's far and away the worst of all browsers.

Oh, give it a rest Ken, if you don't like it just don't use it.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2eg5sFqpjfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56606&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56606

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:11:24 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:11 UTC

On 12/21/2021 9:00 AM, mechanic wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 07:07:49 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>>> Simple question:
>>>
>>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does
>>> Edge (don't care for it)
>>
>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think
>> it's far and away the worst of all browsers.
>
> Oh, give it a rest Ken, if you don't like it just don't use it.

The only reason I replied and said how I felt about it was to ask Boris
*why* he was using it when he didn't like it and was having a problem
with it. You snipped the most important part of my message: "If you
"don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using it?
There are many better choices."

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE07C2BA74E2CjimjimXscottcouk@94.23.43.182>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56608&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56608

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:08:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim S - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:08 UTC

Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
@mid.individual.net:

> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Simple question:
>>
>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
(don't
>> care for it)
>

> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's far
> and away the worst of all browsers.
>

>> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
>> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking
if I
>> want to close all tabs.
>

> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
it?
> There are many better choices.

IYO!
IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has a
slightly better GUI.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2etgrFta2fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56615&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56615

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:59:07 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:59 UTC

On 12/21/2021 12:08 PM, Jim S wrote:
> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>>> Simple question:
>>>
>>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
> (don't
>>> care for it)
>>

>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's far
>> and away the worst of all browsers.
>>

>>> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
>>> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking
> if I
>>> want to close all tabs.
>>

>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
> it?
>> There are many better choices.
>>

> IYO!
> IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
> I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has a
> slightly better GUI.

That's fine, you're welcome to have an opinion that's the opposite of
mine. But Boris said he doesn't like it, and I asked him why he
continues to use it with the problem he's been having.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE07CE07D1725nospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56619&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56619

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 04:15:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 04:15 UTC

Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote in news:sprjv6$kg$1@dont-email.me:

> On 12/20/21 10:08 PM, this is what Boris wrote:
>> Simple question:
>>
>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
>> (don't care for it) Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I
>> want to close all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close
>> without asking if I want to close all tabs.
>>
> I've got 98 and yes it will close all. But on the appearance screen
> in settings there is a slider to turn on that warning. With it on you
> DO get a warning when closing the app.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmmm...98 may be different than 96, because I just discovered that I can
have Edge ask if I want to close all tabs at once, by this:

Settings>Appearance>Customize browser>Ask before closing a window with
multiple tabs (enable this setting).

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE07D2D256E39nospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56620&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56620

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 04:43:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 04:43 UTC

Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in

> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Simple question:
>>
>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
>> (don't care for it)
>

> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
> far and away the worst of all browsers.
>

>> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
>> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking
>> if I want to close all tabs.
>

> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
> it? There are many better choices.

Hi,

Well, so far I don't care for it, but if configured to my liking, I may
change my mind. It is fast on my machine. So I wanted to ask.

It's a browser that I may fire up only once a week to mess with. I don't
'use' it.

I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
Edge, and I like to play with all of them. I think I also tried Pale Moon,
but it was way too slow.

I primarily use FFox, but I don't like that it is always asking to update.
I ignore this for weeks, but eventually I give in to avoid the nag.

Yeah, there's all sorts of work-arounds or configurations to get your
favorite browser to behave like you want, but I don't care to be a slave to
maintaining a piece of software. Besides, along comes an update, and
things change.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<spudtt$1gi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56622&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56622

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 00:42:49 -0500
 by: Paul - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 05:42 UTC

On 12/21/2021 11:43 PM, Boris wrote:

> I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
> Edge, and I like to play with all of them. I think I also tried Pale Moon,
> but it was way too slow.

It's possible Windows Defender is "shadowing" Pale Moon, and
scanning all the cache folder files.

If Pale Moon has a setting, to move the file cache into RAM
(something Firefox could do), then I'd be trying that to reduce
the work Windows Defender has to do. While you can add an
Exception to Windows Defender, it's better to just adjust
the Pale Moon preferences so Windows Defender takes less of
an interest.

Paul

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2gtrnFae55U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56631&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56631

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:17:10 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:17 UTC

On 12/21/2021 9:43 PM, Boris wrote:
> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in
>
>> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>>> Simple question:
>>>
>>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
>>> (don't care for it)
>>

>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>> far and away the worst of all browsers.
>>

>>> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
>>> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking
>>> if I want to close all tabs.
>>

>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
>> it? There are many better choices.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Well, so far I don't care for it, but if configured to my liking, I may
> change my mind. It is fast on my machine. So I wanted to ask.

To me, the speed of a browser is a very minor issue. What's most
important to me is its interface and how well it fits with the way I
like to work.

But each to his own.

> It's a browser that I may fire up only once a week to mess with. I don't
> 'use' it.
>
> I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
> Edge, and I like to play with all of them. I think I also tried Pale Moon,
> but it was way too slow.

You're not the only one I know with multiple browsers, but not me. I
want and I have only one browser--FireFox, the one I like best. I'm not
interested in "playing with" multiple browsers, and if I had more then,
their different ways of doing things would just confuse me. But again,
each to his own.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2guh7FaiemU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56632&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56632

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:28:39 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:28 UTC

On 12/22/2021 8:17 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
> On 12/21/2021 9:43 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in

>>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>>> far and away the worst of all browsers.

>>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
>>> it? There are many better choices.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, so far I don't care for it, but if configured to my liking, I may
>> change my mind. It is fast on my machine. So I wanted to ask.
>

> To me, the speed of a browser is a very minor issue. What's most
> important to me is its interface and how well it fits with the way I
> like to work.
>
> But each to his own.
>

>> It's a browser that I may fire up only once a week to mess with. I don't
>> 'use' it.
>>
>> I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
>> Edge, and I like to play with all of them. I think I also tried Pale Moon,
>> but it was way too slow.
>

> You're not the only one I know with multiple browsers, but not me. I
> want and I have only one browser--FireFox, the one I like best. I'm not
> interested in "playing with" multiple browsers, and if I had more then,
> their different ways of doing things would just confuse me. But again,
> each to his own.

....if I had more than one,...

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<spvgaf$v3o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56633&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56633

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:30:23 -0500
 by: Big Al - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:30 UTC

On 12/22/21 10:17 AM, this is what Ken Blake wrote:
> On 12/21/2021 9:43 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in

>>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>>> far and away the worst of all browsers.

>>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
>>> it? There are many better choices.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, so far I don't care for it, but if configured to my liking, I may
>> change my mind.  It is fast on my machine.  So I wanted to ask.
>

> To me, the speed of a browser is a very minor issue. What's most important to me is its interface and how well it fits with the way I like
> to work.
>
> But each to his own.
>

>> It's a browser that I may fire up only once a week to mess with.  I don't
>> 'use' it.
>>
>> I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
>> Edge, and I like to play with all of them.  I think I also tried Pale Moon,
>> but it was way too slow.
>

> You're not the only one I know with multiple browsers, but not me. I want and I have only one browser--FireFox, the one I like best. I'm not
> interested in "playing with" multiple browsers, and if I had more then, their different ways of doing things would just confuse me.  But
> again, each to his own.
How do you deal with situations where Firefox does not handle a web page properly, ie. a bank site, and you can't do your banking?

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2gvd0FanjbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56634&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56634

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:43:27 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:43 UTC

On 12/22/2021 8:30 AM, Big Al wrote:
> On 12/22/21 10:17 AM, this is what Ken Blake wrote:
>> On 12/21/2021 9:43 PM, Boris wrote:
>>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Well, so far I don't care for it, but if configured to my liking, I may
>>> change my mind.  It is fast on my machine.  So I wanted to ask.
>>

>> To me, the speed of a browser is a very minor issue. What's most important to me is its interface and how well it fits with the way I like
>> to work.
>>
>> But each to his own.
>>

>>> It's a browser that I may fire up only once a week to mess with.  I don't
>>> 'use' it.
>>>
>>> I have five browsers installed, FFox, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Brave, and
>>> Edge, and I like to play with all of them.  I think I also tried Pale Moon,
>>> but it was way too slow.
>>

>> You're not the only one I know with multiple browsers, but not me. I want and I have only one browser--FireFox, the one I like best. I'm not
>> interested in "playing with" multiple browsers, and if I had more then, their different ways of doing things would just confuse me.  But
>> again, each to his own.
> How do you deal with situations where Firefox does not handle a web page properly, ie. a bank site, and you can't do your banking?

Two points:

1. I very rarely run into such an issue--never with any of the banks I
use. On the few occasions that I have trouble with a particular page,
it's almost always a page that's unimportant to me, and I just forget
about going there. Is it FireFox that can't handle that page, is the
server down, or is it something else? I don't know and I usually don't
care.

2. If I must go to the particular page, I start up Edge, as I curse the
fucking designer of the fucking stupid page.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<spviil$i18$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56635&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56635

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:08:52 -0500
 by: Big Al - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:08 UTC

On 12/22/21 10:43 AM, this is what Ken Blake wrote:
> 2. If I must go to the particular page, I start up Edge, as I curse the fucking designer of the fucking stupid page.
On this we agree. When I wrote me web page I tested it with the major browsers, edge,ff,waterfox,chrome, even one other I can't remember.
But my site has little in it that would shake the browser industry.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE087642BE6A7nospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56638&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56638

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:37:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:37 UTC

Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in

> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> On 12/20/2021 8:08 PM, Boris wrote:
>>> Simple question:
>>>
>>> I may have asked before, and I think the answer is NO, but does Edge
> (don't
>>> care for it)
>>

>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>> far and away the worst of all browsers.
>>

>>> Version 96.0.1054.62 have a setting to ask if I want to close
>>> all tabs? Right now, if I close Edge, all tabs close without asking
> if I
>>> want to close all tabs.
>>

>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
> it?
>> There are many better choices.
>>

> IYO!
> IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
> I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has a
> slightly better GUI.

Off topic, but I also like the Samsung Internet Browser. May I ask,
what email tool do you use on your Android? I use the Samsung email app
that came with the phone.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<j2hhd9Fe4rcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56639&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56639

From: Ken...@invalidinvalid.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:50:49 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:50 UTC

On 12/22/2021 12:37 PM, Boris wrote:
> Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
>> @mid.individual.net:

>> (don't
>>>

>>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>>> far and away the worst of all browsers.

>> if I
>>>

>>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
>> it?
>>> There are many better choices.
>>>

>> IYO!
>> IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
>> I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has a
>> slightly better GUI.
>
> Off topic, but I also like the Samsung Internet Browser. May I ask,
> what email tool do you use on your Android?

I'm not sure who you're asking, but I use BlueMail.

> I use the Samsung email app
> that came with the phone.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<sq08os$2ag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56641&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56641

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:27:42 -0700
 by: AJL - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:27 UTC

On 12/22/2021 8:30 AM, Big Al wrote:

> How do you deal with situations where Firefox does not handle a web
> page properly, ie. a bank site, and you can't do your banking?

I use my phone app. Haven't needed any browser for banking in a very
long time...

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE08CA6A2764Fnospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=56643&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#56643

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:54:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:54 UTC

> On 12/22/2021 12:37 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in
>>
>>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
>>> @mid.individual.net:

>>> (don't

>>> if I

>>> it?
>>>>

>>> IYO!
>>> IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
>>> I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has
>>> a slightly better GUI.
>>
>> Off topic, but I also like the Samsung Internet Browser. May I ask,
>> what email tool do you use on your Android?
>
> I'm not sure who you're asking, but I use BlueMail.

I was asking Jim S. But I did run BlueMail along with Samsung's email
app for a while. For me, the problem was that the timestamps on
BlueMail's received messages gave the time that the message was
synched/downloaded, not the time the message was sent from the sender.
For instance, if I hadn't used the phone for a few days, and then fired
it up, all of the BlueMail's received messages showed a timestamp of the
time I fired up the phone, not the actual time/date that the message was
sent. A messages sent three days ago, would have today's timestamp. I
couldn't get this fixed, so I gave up on it.

>> I use the Samsung email app
>> that came with the phone.

Re: Edge Closes all Tabs Without Asking

<XnsAE11E7FEC40EjimjimXscottcouk@94.23.43.182>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=57017&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#57017

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:48:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim S - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:48 UTC

Boris <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> Jim S <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalidinvalid.com> wrote in news:j2e5dnFop5oU1
>> @mid.individual.net:

>> (don't
>>>

>>> For me, "don't care for it" is a giant understatement. I think it's
>>> far and away the worst of all browsers.

>> if I
>>>

>>> If you "don't care for it," why are you asking and why are you using
>> it?
>>> There are many better choices.
>>>

>> IYO!
>> IMO it's the best and fastest browser available on Windows.
>> I would use it on my android too except Samsung Internet Browser has a
>> slightly better GUI.
>
> Off topic, but I also like the Samsung Internet Browser. May I ask,
> what email tool do you use on your Android? I use the Samsung email
app
> that came with the phone.

I use myMail as my first choice as I correspond with lots of people who
don't like a messenger and I need instant replies. I have a lot of photos
coming in and out and it shows all of them whether in-line or attached. I
can live with the odd ad.
If the ads bother you, then 'Email' by Edison is my second choice for
speed.