To Perl, or not to Perl, that is the kvetching. -- Larry Wall in <199801200310.TAA11670@wall.org>

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

SubjectAuthor
* (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverNic
+* Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverSjouke Burry
|`* Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverNic
| `- Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverMike Easter
+* Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverMike Easter
|`* Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverMike Easter
| `* Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverNic
|  `- Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverMike Easter
`- Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silverMike Easter

1
(OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<%tDUL.2079949$vBI8.1057030@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5795&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5795

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Subject: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 11:12:59 -0400
 by: Nic - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:12 UTC

Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?

--
Pity the fool who followed his GPS over the cliff

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<nnd$11a65b8f$583c49f3@34d737ff2574ea64>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5797&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5797

Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 01:17:09 +0200
From: burrynul...@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver
 by: Sjouke Burry - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:17 UTC

On 28.03.23 17:12, Nic wrote:
> Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
> silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?

Use a biological machine , (a brain) to follow the news......

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<k8hd4fFe8ltU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5798&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5798

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:55:58 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:55 UTC

Nic wrote:
> Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
> silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?

Android app

> JM Bullion, the premier online bullion dealer in America, brings an
> exceptional precious metals app to the Android. Watch the real-time
> spot price movements of silver, gold, platinum, and palladium to stay
> on top of the market. Use our interactive charts to study past trends
> in those precious metals’ prices. Create customizable text and email
> alerts for when the silver price or gold price reaches set values you
> specify to know when the moment is right for you to invest. Check out
> which items JM Bullion has on special at any given time to be certain
> you are spending your money sensibly. Visit the app’s store to
> quickly gain access to all our silver, gold, platinum, copper, and
> palladium products on the JM Bullion mobile site.

Linux commandlinefu has a commandline, but the fu wget link to a json is
old, so it doesn't work.

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<k8hdr4FebtpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5799&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5799

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:08:03 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 00:08 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:
> Nic wrote:
>> Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
>>  silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?
>
> Android app
>
>> JM Bullion, the premier online bullion dealer in America, brings an
>> exceptional precious metals app to the Android.

Monex also has one for android, one for iOS.

I'm not finding anything like the linux commandlinefu trick that works.

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<k8hfhaFejtdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5800&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5800

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:36:57 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 00:36 UTC

https://github.com/roshnivp/extract_historical_prices

https://blog.logrocket.com/web-scraping-python-lxml-pandas/
> Web scraping in Python with lxml and pandas

So far, the android apps are better.

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<20230328204549.06df00216907ab78bf80597a@none.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5801&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5801

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:45:49 -0400
 by: Nic - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 00:45 UTC

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:08:03 -0700
Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote:

> Mike Easter wrote:
> > Nic wrote:
> >> Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
> >>  silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?
> >
> > Android app
> >
> >> JM Bullion, the premier online bullion dealer in America, brings an
> >> exceptional precious metals app to the Android.
>
> Monex also has one for android, one for iOS.
>
> I'm not finding anything like the linux commandlinefu trick that works.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Thanks Mike, was hoping that some of the regular posters here were using something. I see some cash/money programs, but they offer way more than what I want.

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<k8hh0tFeqa9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5802&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5802

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:02:20 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 01:02 UTC

Nic wrote:

> Thanks Mike, was hoping that some of the regular posters here were using something. I see some cash/money programs, but they offer way more than what I want.

Silver is/ has been/ moving up lately; I expect to see more of that. As
is gold; ratio typical.

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<20230401175856.2fd46be1f7061474e65505dc@none.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5807&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5807

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:58:56 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:58 UTC

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 01:17:09 +0200
Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulfour@ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:

>On 28.03.23 17:12, Nic wrote:
>> Is there a standalone software that can monitor the asking price for
>> silver? And can alert me if it falls or rises to a certain price?
>>
>Use a biological machine , (a brain) to follow the news......

--
Nic <Nic@none.net>
But what of insider trading timely information?

Re: (OT) Internet Monitor for the price of silver

<k8ro32F28l5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5809&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5809

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 15:04:18 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 22:04 UTC

Nic wrote:
> But what of insider trading timely information?

The Hunt bros aren't around any more :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Thursday

--
Mike Easter