panic: kernel trap (ignored)

computers / alt.windows7.general / BSOD - only software change is Windows

SubjectAuthor
* BSOD - only software change is Windowspyotr filipivich
+- Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsJava Jive
+- Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsPaul
+* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsVanguardLH
|`- Re: BSOD - only software change is Windowspyotr filipivich
+* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsPaul
|`- Re: BSOD - only software change is Windowspyotr filipivich
`* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsNewyana2
 `* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsJava Jive
  +* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsPaul
  |`* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsJava Jive
  | `* Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsJava Jive
  |  `- Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsPaul
  `- Re: BSOD - only software change is WindowsNewyana2

1
BSOD - only software change is Windows

<rsl02ihmrqqti38r3q0j47aq5g6dovh6re@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5864&group=alt.windows7.general#5864

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: BSOD - only software change is Windows
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 07:38:24 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:38 UTC

Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
Eudora.

A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.

Windows has, often, but not the mail program.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
English translator.

--
pyotr filipivich
"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvpps1$2oomg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5865&group=alt.windows7.general#5865

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 16:54:41 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:54 UTC

On 26/03/2023 15:38, pyotr filipivich wrote:

> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
> Eudora.
>
> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.
>
> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.
>
> Frustrating, to say the least.
>
> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
> English translator.

You're probably not going to get much help without telling us the
details displayed in the BSOD.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvq0jh$2ptqr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5866&group=alt.windows7.general#5866

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 13:49:39 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 17:49 UTC

On 3/26/2023 10:38 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
> Eudora.
>
> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.
>
> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.
>
> Frustrating, to say the least.
>
> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
> English translator.

Knowing what version of Eudora you are running would help.
This is probably the old Eudora.

Eudora 7.1.0.9 Version just before the OSE one ?

EudoraOSE 1.0 (2010) Based on Thunderbird Tested with Win7.

What a program was built with, may affect the ability of
"dumpchk.exe" to give a good dump. Visual Studio output and
GNU Compiler Collective outputs, are not the same.

Paul

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<13e4kn8vn4r1e.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5867&group=alt.windows7.general#5867

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 13:49:15 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:49 UTC

pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with Eudora.
> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.

Being old doesn't mandate the cause of the BSODs.

> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.

Whas has often what? Crashed? If so, are you sure the crashes are
caused by Eudora?

You don't say if you are using the classic version of Eudora, or the
Thunderbird fork (Eudora OSE).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudora_(email_client)
Eudora was acquired by Qualcomm in 1991. Originally distributed free
of charge, Eudora was commercialized and offered as a Light (freeware)
and Pro (commercial) product. Between 2003 and 2006 the full-featured
Pro version was also available as a "Sponsored mode" (adware)
distribution. In 2006 Qualcomm stopped development of the commercial
version and sponsored the creation of a new open-source version based
on Mozilla Thunderbird, code-named Penelope, later renamed to Eudora
OSE. Development of the open-source version stopped in 2010 and was
officially deprecated in 2013, with users advised to switch to the
current version of Thunderbird.

> Frustrating, to say the least.

Yup, when info is omitted, like the BSOD error code.

> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
> English translator.

What does Event Viewer say about the crash event in its logs? Run
eventvwr.msc to check the critical events at the time of the BSOD.

You could use Nirsoft's BlueScreenView to get more helpful info on the
cause of the crash. Just be aware that the last shown culprit may not
be the real culprit, and you need to trace back to find the initiating
culprit. A crash by one component can cause the crash of another.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

You'll need to check what Windows is configured to save in the dump
file. Minimal dump files will have minimal information.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvqmb7$2tj5j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5868&group=alt.windows7.general#5868

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:00:38 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 00:00 UTC

On 3/26/2023 10:38 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
> Eudora.
>
> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.
>
> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.
>
> Frustrating, to say the least.
>
> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
> English translator.

A recent change, that occurs to me, is if you recently
clicked on Internet Explorer, the home page that Internet Explorer
normally loads, is used as an "exploit" by Microsoft, and
Microsoft "busts" Internet Explorer on purpose, as soon
as you click on it.

Now, this would not matter so much, except that some of the
registry entries Internet Explorer controls, affect
protocols used by other programs.

That's an example of a "recent change".

Paul

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvs1cm$btcj$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5870&group=alt.windows7.general#5870

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:14:51 -0400
 by: Newyana2 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 12:14 UTC

"pyotr filipivich" <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote

| Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
| Eudora.

I usually find that I can get results looking up something
like the first 3 parts of the error code. With each part being
a 32-bit integer ih hex format, it ends up being something
like 0x00008105{0x10120000, etc

Unfortunately, Ive never found a master list of error codes,
and MS have re-used them for different purposes. You'd think
that if you have a code that represents 4 billion multiplied by
itself 4 times, then maybe each error could have its own code.
But, nooooooo. :) Maybe that's why MS doesn't publish them.

In any case, the number outside the brackets may narrow
it down. Just note that if you find out that number indicates,
say, a COM error, you shouldn't be surprised if it also
indicates, say, an Outlook error.

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvs2um$37g83$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5871&group=alt.windows7.general#5871

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 13:41:58 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 12:41 UTC

On 27/03/2023 13:14, Newyana2 wrote:

> Unfortunately, Ive never found a master list of error codes,
> and MS have re-used them for different purposes. You'd think
> that if you have a code that represents 4 billion multiplied by
> itself 4 times, then maybe each error could have its own code.
> But, nooooooo. :) Maybe that's why MS doesn't publish them.

Nonsense, see the file Include\WinError.h in Visual Studio.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvs8v6$38jk7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5872&group=alt.windows7.general#5872

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 10:24:38 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 14:24 UTC

On 3/27/2023 8:41 AM, Java Jive wrote:
> On 27/03/2023 13:14, Newyana2 wrote:
>>
>>     Unfortunately, Ive never found a master list of error codes,
>> and MS have re-used them for different purposes. You'd think
>> that if you have a code that represents 4 billion multiplied by
>> itself 4 times, then maybe each error could have its own code.
>> But, nooooooo. :) Maybe that's why MS doesn't publish them.
>
> Nonsense, see the file Include\WinError.h in Visual Studio.

There's a utility for this.

Err_6.4.5.exe

https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/3/2/432140e8-fb6c-4145-8192-25242838c542/Err_6.4.5/Err_6.4.5.exe

SHA256 88739EC82BA16A0B4A3C83C1DD2FCA6336AD8E2A1E5F1238C085B1E86AB8834A
2,294,520 bytes

Usage: Err_6.4.5.exe 0x80040005

..\err_6.4.5a 0x80040005
# for hex 0x80040005 / decimal -2147221499
TAPI_E_OPERATIONFAILED tapi3err.h
# The operation failed for an unspecified reason.
OLE_E_NOTRUNNING winerror.h
# Need to run the object to perform this operation
# as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
# for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h <=== Like Ouija board, you push the
# Access is denied. indicator to your favorite error
# 3 matches found for "0x80040005"

So that one is Error Access Denied, otherwise known
as "you weren't God at the time".

Paul

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<u4b32i53e6heqkvleveh2gl293cail9ieq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5873&group=alt.windows7.general#5873

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:06:36 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:06 UTC

Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> on Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:00:38 -0400 typed
in alt.windows7.general the following:
>On 3/26/2023 10:38 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with
>> Eudora.
>>
>> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.
>>
>> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.
>>
>> Frustrating, to say the least.
>>
>> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
>> English translator.
>>

>A recent change, that occurs to me, is if you recently
>clicked on Internet Explorer, the home page that Internet Explorer
>normally loads, is used as an "exploit" by Microsoft, and
>Microsoft "busts" Internet Explorer on purpose, as soon
>as you click on it.
>
>Now, this would not matter so much, except that some of the
>registry entries Internet Explorer controls, affect
>protocols used by other programs.
>
>That's an example of a "recent change".

Ah, that might be it. I don't know what tries to set up Internet
Exploder, but when it does, I just shut the window.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<8va32ilgioci0hgh0htmu7g68nepmgerif@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5874&group=alt.windows7.general#5874

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:06:36 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:06 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> on Sun, 26 Mar 2023 13:49:15 -0500 typed in
alt.windows7.general the following:
>pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> Yet again: blue screen of death when I try to fetch mail with Eudora.
>> A program which has not been updated in 10 or more years.
>
>Being old doesn't mandate the cause of the BSODs.
>
>> Windows has, often, but not the mail program.
>
>Whas has often what? Crashed? If so, are you sure the crashes are
>caused by Eudora?

I realize that correlation is not causation, but when something
happens when I click on "check mail", I'm inclined to figure that
there is some kind of connection.

>You don't say if you are using the classic version of Eudora, or the
>Thunderbird fork (Eudora OSE).
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudora_(email_client)
> Eudora was acquired by Qualcomm in 1991. Originally distributed free
> of charge, Eudora was commercialized and offered as a Light (freeware)
> and Pro (commercial) product. Between 2003 and 2006 the full-featured
> Pro version was also available as a "Sponsored mode" (adware)
> distribution. In 2006 Qualcomm stopped development of the commercial
> version and sponsored the creation of a new open-source version based
> on Mozilla Thunderbird, code-named Penelope, later renamed to Eudora
> OSE. Development of the open-source version stopped in 2010 and was
> officially deprecated in 2013, with users advised to switch to the
> current version of Thunderbird.
>
>> Frustrating, to say the least.
>
>Yup, when info is omitted, like the BSOD error code.
>
>> Sure 'nuff, there is a dump file. Now all I need is a dumpfile to
>> English translator.
>
>What does Event Viewer say about the crash event in its logs? Run
>eventvwr.msc to check the critical events at the time of the BSOD.
>
>You could use Nirsoft's BlueScreenView to get more helpful info on the
>cause of the crash. Just be aware that the last shown culprit may not
>be the real culprit, and you need to trace back to find the initiating
>culprit. A crash by one component can cause the crash of another.
>
>https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
>
>You'll need to check what Windows is configured to save in the dump
>file. Minimal dump files will have minimal information.
>
>https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Next Month's Panel: Having eliminated the old Them(tm)
Selecting who insufficiently Woke(tm) as to serve as the new Them(tm)

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvsdt9$39dvc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5875&group=alt.windows7.general#5875

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:48:57 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:48 UTC

On 27/03/2023 15:24, Paul wrote:

> On 3/27/2023 8:41 AM, Java Jive wrote:
>>
>> On 27/03/2023 13:14, Newyana2 wrote:
>>>
>>>     Unfortunately, Ive never found a master list of error codes,
>>> and MS have re-used them for different purposes. You'd think
>>> that if you have a code that represents 4 billion multiplied by
>>> itself 4 times, then maybe each error could have its own code.
>>> But, nooooooo. :) Maybe that's why MS doesn't publish them.
>>
>> Nonsense, see the file Include\WinError.h in Visual Studio.
>>
> There's a utility for this.
>
>    Err_6.4.5.exe
>
> https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/3/2/432140e8-fb6c-4145-8192-25242838c542/Err_6.4.5/Err_6.4.5.exe

Thanks, looks useful.

>    SHA256
> 88739EC82BA16A0B4A3C83C1DD2FCA6336AD8E2A1E5F1238C085B1E86AB8834A
>    2,294,520 bytes
>
>    Usage:   Err_6.4.5.exe 0x80040005
>
> ..\err_6.4.5a 0x80040005
> # for hex 0x80040005 / decimal -2147221499
>   TAPI_E_OPERATIONFAILED
> tapi3err.h
> # The operation failed for an unspecified reason.
>   OLE_E_NOTRUNNING
> winerror.h
> # Need to run the object to perform this operation
> # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
> # for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
>   ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED
> winerror.h  <=== Like Ouija board, you push the
> # Access is
> denied.
> indicator to your favorite error
> # 3 matches found for "0x80040005"
>
> So that one is Error Access Denied, otherwise known
> as "you weren't God at the time".

LOL!

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvsesb$39k74$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5876&group=alt.windows7.general#5876

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 17:05:30 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:05 UTC

On 27/03/2023 16:48, Java Jive wrote:

> On 27/03/2023 15:24, Paul wrote:

>>> Nonsense, see the file Include\WinError.h in Visual Studio.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>     Usage:   Err_6.4.5.exe 0x80040005
>>
>> ..\err_6.4.5a 0x80040005
>> # for hex 0x80040005 / decimal -2147221499
>>    TAPI_E_OPERATIONFAILED tapi3err.h
>> # The operation failed for an unspecified reason.
>>    OLE_E_NOTRUNNING winerror.h
>> # Need to run the object to perform this operation
>> # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
>> # for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
>>    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h  <=== Like Ouija board, you push the
>> # Access is denied. indicator to your favorite error
>> # 3 matches found for "0x80040005"

Well, on second thoughts, the above output is unnecessarily confusing,
the part that really matters is:

>> # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
>> # for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
>> ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h

The leading comments in winerror.h explain this ...

// 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
// 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
// +---+-+-+-----------------------+-------------------------------+
// |Sev|C|R| Facility | Code |
// +---+-+-+-----------------------+-------------------------------+
//
// where
//
// Sev - is the severity code
//
// 00 - Success
// 01 - Informational
// 10 - Warning
// 11 - Error
//
// C - is the Customer code flag
//
// R - is a reserved bit
//
// Facility - is the facility code
//
// Code - is the facility's status code

.... where the facility and status codes are defined later in the file.

So ...

0x80040005 = 1000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000 0000 0101

.... which gives, as you posted, ...

Severity = Warning
Facility = 4 = FACILITY_ITF
Status = 5 = ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvsorq$3b99u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5877&group=alt.windows7.general#5877

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 14:55:55 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:55 UTC

On 3/27/2023 12:05 PM, Java Jive wrote:
> On 27/03/2023 16:48, Java Jive wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>>     Usage:   Err_6.4.5.exe 0x80040005
>>>
>>> ..\err_6.4.5a 0x80040005
>>> # for hex 0x80040005 / decimal -2147221499
>>>    TAPI_E_OPERATIONFAILED tapi3err.h
>>> # The operation failed for an unspecified reason.
>>>    OLE_E_NOTRUNNING winerror.h
>>> # Need to run the object to perform this operation
>>> # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
>>> # for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
>>>    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h  <=== Like Ouija board, you push the
>>> # Access is denied. indicator to your favorite error
>>> # 3 matches found for "0x80040005"
>
> Well, on second thoughts, the above output is unnecessarily confusing, the part that really matters is:
>
> >> # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_ITF (0x4), Code 0x5
> >> # for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
> >>    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h
>
> The leading comments in winerror.h explain this ...
>
> //   3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
> //   1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
> //  +---+-+-+-----------------------+-------------------------------+
> //  |Sev|C|R|     Facility          |               Code            |
> //  +---+-+-+-----------------------+-------------------------------+
> //
> //  where
> //
> //      Sev - is the severity code
> //
> //          00 - Success
> //          01 - Informational
> //          10 - Warning
> //          11 - Error
> //
> //      C - is the Customer code flag
> //
> //      R - is a reserved bit
> //
> //      Facility - is the facility code
> //
> //      Code - is the facility's status code
>
> ... where the facility and status codes are defined later in the file.
>
> So ...
>
>     0x80040005 = 1000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000 0000 0101
>
> ... which gives, as you posted, ...
>
>     Severity = Warning
>     Facility = 4 = FACILITY_ITF
>     Status   = 5 = ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED

The value of the utility, is it includes a fair number
of header files.

It's better than having to manually figure it out.

Paul

Re: BSOD - only software change is Windows

<tvup0f$pirt$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5878&group=alt.windows7.general#5878

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 09:10:12 -0400
 by: Newyana2 - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 13:10 UTC

"Java Jive" <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote

| Nonsense, see the file Include\WinError.h in Visual Studio.
| Winerror.h covers system API errors. All sorts of
things have error codes. For example, COM "object required"
error: 800A01A8
Neither the high nor the low word is listed in winerror.h.

And even the simple error 5 can mean different things:
Invalid pointer, access denied, unspecified error, object
not running, server execution failure, type mismatch...
depending on the low word value. 5 means access denied,
but H80000005 means invalid pointer. H80090005 means
"bad data". Etc.

With bluescreen there are 5 error codes. In my experience
those can mean many things. You can't just look up all
5 together. I'm not sure that even a match on all 5 would
necessarily indicate only one possible error. I've looked up
matches before and found cases where people solved their
problem in ways unrelated to my system. For example, they
might have found a problem with an Acme ethernet driver, but
I don't have Acme ethernet hardware.