May the bluebird of happiness twiddle your bits.

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

SubjectAuthor
* (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?Nic
+* Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?Mike Easter
|`- Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?Mike Easter
`* Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?Rob H
 `- Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?Nic

1
(OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

<20230408153738.66471702d1afcb97d1e48cec@none.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5865&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5865

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 15:37:38 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 19:37 UTC

It is an addon that monitors the weather. I would like to find the file that contains my cities/locations so that I may enter new locations manually. It currently does not accept new cities because I have disabled Google at the dns level.
--
Nic <Nic@none.net>

Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

<k9eajlF9lnU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5866&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5866

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 16:10:44 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 23:10 UTC

Nic wrote:
> It is an addon that monitors the weather. I would like to find the
> file that contains my cities/locations so that I may enter new
> locations manually. It currently does not accept new cities because I
> have disabled Google at the dns level.

I use a command line app, wttr.in because it allows me to get weather by
my postal code in addition or instead of other options. My city has
many VERY very different climates; I need to get a much more pinpoint
location. For reasons of 'airflow' the results of the postal code just
west of me is slightly more accurate than my own.

If you just access https://wttr.in/ one gets the weather for their
geoIP. Typically my geoIP is not particularly accurate, altho' at
wttr.in at least it gets my city.

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

<k9eatvFb3nU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5867&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5867

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 16:16:13 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 23:16 UTC

Mike Easter wrote:
> If you just access https://wttr.in/ one gets the weather for their geoIP.

If you want to tweak your command, there are instructions at github:

https://github.com/chubin/wttr.in

--
Mike Easter

Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

<u0tq33$1l6uc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5869&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5869

From: rob...@despammer.com (Rob H)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 08:39:14 +0100
 by: Rob H - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 07:39 UTC

On 08/04/2023 20:37, Nic wrote:
> It is an addon that monitors the weather. I would like to find the file that contains my cities/locations so that I may enter new locations manually. It currently does not accept new cities because I have disabled Google at the dns level.
> --
> Nic <Nic@none.net>

I just tried or added the ForecastFF addon to Chrome, and it won't get
my location for some reason. I can't enter it and all I get is a
spinning disc

Re: (OT) Does anybody use ForecastFox FF addon?

<HvxYL.2276494$vBI8.2141837@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5870&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5870

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 07:41:27 -0400
 by: Nic - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 11:41 UTC

On 4/9/23 03:39, Rob H wrote:
> On 08/04/2023 20:37, Nic wrote:
>> It is an addon that monitors the weather. I would like to find the
>> file that contains my cities/locations so that I may enter new
>> locations manually. It currently does not accept new cities because I
>> have disabled Google at the dns level.
>> --
>> Nic <Nic@none.net>
>
> I just tried or added the ForecastFF addon to Chrome, and it won't get
> my location for some reason. I can't enter it and all I get is a
> spinning disc
That's what I get in Firefox.