From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: BSOD - fileincluded
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:12:38 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:12 UTC

okay - this is the file dump:
===
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80003C8A34F
BCP3: FFFFF88002FFE888
BCP4: FFFFF88002FFE0F0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031723-19500-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alpha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42198-0.sysdata.xml

===

xml files are apparently not meant for humans.

Eudora 7.1.0.9 (c) 2006
Win 7 64 pro [6.1.7601]
--
pyotr filipivich
"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious

Re: BSOD - fileincluded

<oltbav4gb6u3$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5880&group=alt.windows7.general#5880

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: BSOD - fileincluded
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:36:13 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:36 UTC

pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:

NOTE: Reply to your prior thread to continue the discussion there.
Don't keep starting new threads to discuss the same issue.

> okay - this is the file dump:
> ===
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 1000007e
> BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
> BCP2: FFFFF80003C8A34F
> BCP3: FFFFF88002FFE888
> BCP4: FFFFF88002FFE0F0
> OS Version: 6_1_7601
> Service Pack: 1_0
> Product: 256_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Minidump\031723-19500-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Alpha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42198-0.sysdata.xml
>
> ===
>
> xml files are apparently not meant for humans.
>
> Eudora 7.1.0.9 (c) 2006
> Win 7 64 pro [6.1.7601]

XML files are *text* files in a hiarchical structure. They can be long.

Did you yet try viewing the Event Viewer log for the event to see what
it said caused the crash?

Did you yet try using Nirsoft's BlueScreenView?

What level of detail is Windows configured to saving in its dump files?
Small dump files tell little about the source of the problem, so you may
not find the cause of the crashing unless a conflict is obvious between
Eudora and some other process. A kernel memory dump is minimal for
troubleshooting, but a complete dump is best.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/read-small-memory-dump-file

Did you leave Windows configured to allow automatic updating? How about
the hardware auto-updates? Both should be disabled. You are the
sysadmin of your computer, not Microsoft. You need to prepare for
updates, like creating image backups. Do you have backups from which
you can restore the state of Windows prior to the crashing?

Also, you've yet to identify which Eudora you have. There is the
classic Eudora, and Eudora OSE (based on an old fork of Thunderbird).

Re: BSOD - fileincluded

<u01k4a$b6rq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5881&group=alt.windows7.general#5881

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:05:44 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 15:05 UTC

On 29/03/2023 15:12, pyotr filipivich wrote:

> okay - this is the file dump:
> ===
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 1000007e

Severity: WARNING

The specified module could not be loaded.

> BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
> BCP2: FFFFF80003C8A34F
> BCP3: FFFFF88002FFE888
> BCP4: FFFFF88002FFE0F0

These may enable someone more expert than myself to nail down what
module failed to be loaded by whom, but possibly there may be an easier
way: Is there anything looking relevant in Event Viewer just before the
crash.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BSOD - fileincluded

<u02ag5$fb56$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5882&group=alt.windows7.general#5882

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 17:27:32 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 21:27 UTC

On 3/29/2023 10:12 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> okay - this is the file dump:
> ===
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 1000007e
> BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
> BCP2: FFFFF80003C8A34F
> BCP3: FFFFF88002FFE888
> BCP4: FFFFF88002FFE0F0
> OS Version: 6_1_7601
> Service Pack: 1_0
> Product: 256_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Minidump\031723-19500-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Alpha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42198-0.sysdata.xml
>
> ===
>
> xml files are apparently not meant for humans.
>
> Eudora 7.1.0.9 (c) 2006
> Win 7 64 pro [6.1.7601]

Version 3.53 can still be used on Vista

3.10

https://web.archive.org/web/20170101113202/http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessMonitor.zip

3.51

https://web.archive.org/web/20200617001707if_/https://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip

3.70 as well is Vista plus.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210509054047/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

https://web.archive.org/web/20210506220459if_/http://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip

You can start Process Monitor running, then start Eudora, watch Eudora
crash, wait maybe ten seconds, then go to the File menu in Process Monitor
and untick the capture flag.

Each time it tries to load a module, there should be a matching line in Procmon trace.

Paul

Re: BSOD - fileincluded

<XnsAFD9A3F8B491Ethisnthatroadrunnern@69.80.101.21>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5893&group=alt.windows7.general#5893

Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
From: t.h.i.s....@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m (DanS)
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 20:07:08 +0000
 by: DanS - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 20:07 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in

> pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Also, you've yet to identify which Eudora you have. There
> is the classic Eudora, and Eudora OSE (based on an old fork
> of Thunderbird).

No, that was not answered. I was a (classic) Eudora user also. I haven't used it in years
though. I did move to actual Thunderbird a long time ago. One thing that was nice about
classic Eudora, was that when upgrading your PC, all you needed to do was copy the
entire Eudora install folder and paste it in the new PC.

But, noting that, one thing I do on "modern" Windows OSs, ie- Windows w/UAC, is I
create a directory on the c drive named "Programs", and install all older s/w into there.

That way, programs that aren't FULLY UAC compliant will work properly, as well as
having a path with only 8 chars in it and no spaces...not that I use any s/w that's *that* old
now. I've not always had good luck with a normal install and running in "compatibility
mode" for some lower Windows level.

Any PC I use, you'll find "C:\Program Files", "C:\Program Files (x86)", and "C:\Programs".

Re: BSOD - fileincluded

<9mxys3l6r4fy.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5894&group=alt.windows7.general#5894

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:52:22 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 02:52 UTC

DanS <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote:

> But, noting that, one thing I do on "modern" Windows OSs, ie- Windows w/UAC, is I
> create a directory on the c drive named "Programs", and install all older s/w into there.
>
> That way, programs that aren't FULLY UAC compliant will work properly, as well as
> having a path with only 8 chars in it and no spaces...not that I use any s/w that's *that* old
> now. I've not always had good luck with a normal install and running in "compatibility
> mode" for some lower Windows level.

I do the same thing. C:\Programs is where I install old programs that
are either just unzipped to a subfolder there, or where old programs get
installed that like to write into their own folder rather than under
%appdata% or other data destination. For example, C:\Programs\40tude is
where I run my old NNTP client.