We'll pivot at warp 2 and bring all tubes to bear, Mr. Sulu!

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

SubjectAuthor
* Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIISpalls Hurgenson
+* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIMike S.
|+* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIMike S.
||+* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIISpalls Hurgenson
|||`- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIMike S.
||`* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIRoss Ridge
|| `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIMike S.
||  `- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIISpalls Hurgenson
|+* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||`* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIMike S.
|| `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||  `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIISpalls Hurgenson
||   `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||    `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIJustisaur
||     `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||      `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||       `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||        +- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||        `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||         `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||          +- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||          +- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||          `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||           `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||            `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||             `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||              +* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||              |`* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||              | `* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
||              |  `- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIDimensional Traveler
||              `- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
|`- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
+- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW
`* Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIJAB
 `- Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization IIIPW

Pages:12
Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<ss868n$qch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5923&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5923

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:06:29 -0800
<rc3cugtqs3npqh7jsm9hvdlgrce95o9dqo@4ax.com> <ss5fnh$de6$1@dont-email.me>
<fsmeug5j9ftonvv33n1litq6raccfs2170@4ax.com> <ss7mpn$efm$1@dont-email.me>
<ol5fugh1hd0sqg79u1sdu4tr0gi6oj8ckh@4ax.com>
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 05:06 UTC

On 1/18/2022 8:46 PM, PW wrote:

>> I don't think the problem is on GOG's end. Do you have javascript
>> disabled? You may need to enable it from GOG. Or your firewall or
>> other security software is blocking some key part of the site.
>>
>> If you use the links I provided above, what do you get? Each should
>> take you directly to the respective game's page on GOG where the price
>> is clearly listed above the "Buy" button.
>>
>> Here is a link to a screenshot of the MOO 1 & 2 page on GOG using the
>> link I provided:
>> https://pixhost.to/show/118/258424535_moo1-2.jpg
> *---
>
> I disabled everything Norton (Firewall and AutoProtect) and still do
> not see the screen you see and no buy button.
>
> I purchased The Darkside Detective last night!
>
> I was just able to add Heroes of Might and Magic III using GOG Galaxy
> to my cart. I removed it.

I have no idea what is going on with your system. First you don't see
the buy button, then you do, then you don't again. It _isn't_ GOG, its
something on your end.

dirty old man.

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<ss8qb1$5hk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5924&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5924

From: now...@co.uk (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:49:03 +0000
 by: JAB - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:49 UTC

On 13/01/2022 17:28, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Hey, remember when Epic used to give away games every day? Now they
> only do it once a week; the selfish bastards! ;-)
>
> (Actually, I think I prefer this slower pace. It was getting hard to
> keep up with the daily give-aways).
>
> Anyway, this week we get:
>
> Galactic Civilizations III
> https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/galactic-civilizations-iii

I did pick up GC:II a few years ago in a sale but never really played it
that much. Many years ago it's a game I could have seen myself spending
a lot of time on it but my gaming habits have changed to the extent that
I no longer tend to focus on playing a single game at a time. The
problem I create for myself with, these type of games, becomes that I
put them down for a few weeks (or maybe longer) and then when I play
them again I realise that I've actually forgotten a lot of how you
supposed to play them and so end end having to start again.

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<2a5hugh0hd2supjk2ojaic5p5v64vk3dj4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5929&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5929

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
References: <ut04uglbdlgbgh6trm31togbcv8ebglhnc@4ax.com> <dh87ugpdpfjgpd24tg4v8hvfg8ea91gnoq@4ax.com> <jpo9ughtoig3pvcr4k7fuqs9bj5pjg3o2t@4ax.com> <c8401f6a-42a2-4e79-a95c-1bc51e7bf35bn@googlegroups.com> <d33cugltl1q6s0b4ot452o470m246p0o76@4ax.com> <rc3cugtqs3npqh7jsm9hvdlgrce95o9dqo@4ax.com> <ss5fnh$de6$1@dont-email.me> <fsmeug5j9ftonvv33n1litq6raccfs2170@4ax.com> <ss7mpn$efm$1@dont-email.me> <ol5fugh1hd0sqg79u1sdu4tr0gi6oj8ckh@4ax.com> <ss868n$qch$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:09:50 -0700
 by: PW - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:09 UTC

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:06:29 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 1/18/2022 8:46 PM, PW wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think the problem is on GOG's end. Do you have javascript
>>> disabled? You may need to enable it from GOG. Or your firewall or
>>> other security software is blocking some key part of the site.
>>>
>>> If you use the links I provided above, what do you get? Each should
>>> take you directly to the respective game's page on GOG where the price
>>> is clearly listed above the "Buy" button.
>>>
>>> Here is a link to a screenshot of the MOO 1 & 2 page on GOG using the
>>> link I provided:
>>> https://pixhost.to/show/118/258424535_moo1-2.jpg
>> *---
>>
>> I disabled everything Norton (Firewall and AutoProtect) and still do
>> not see the screen you see and no buy button.
>>
>> I purchased The Darkside Detective last night!
>>
>> I was just able to add Heroes of Might and Magic III using GOG Galaxy
>> to my cart. I removed it.
>>
>I have no idea what is going on with your system. First you don't see
>the buy button, then you do, then you don't again. It _isn't_ GOG, its
>something on your end.
* --

It depends on the game I guess. If I could post a screenshot here, I
would!

But, to be honest, it is not possible to explain anything more
clearly!

I will try once more. Maybe you will understand this time:

I can search for games on their URL: https://www.gog.com/games
and put one in my shopping cart on the webpage. It also goes into GOG
Galaxy's shopping cart because I am signed in on the website.

When I click on the magnifying glass on the top left of GOG a gray
window comes up with a magnifying glass and text that says "Search
your games, friends, and...."

It says nothing about searching the store.

Three options exist underneath the search bar:

Add games (find any game and mark it as owned", Perform Actions
(launch any game, start chatting with a friend"), and Search metadata
(search in tags, genres, ratings and more...).

Nothing about searching their store. In Steam, I click on the store
tab and enter in a title and it shows anything that matches what I
typed. Then I click on a title and the game shows up to purchase (or
I am told that it is already in my library).

In GOG, Galaxy, I type in "Masters of Orion". I see "1and2" listed. I
click on the game and as I have said before, there is a little
screenshot and there IS NO BUY BUTTON? Understood??

Now, I just searched for "Heroes of Might and Magic III", then clicked
on the "Complete Edition" and same thing. No buy button.

Here is an added goody for you: If I click on Store, under Deals on
the left hand side, a page comes up with a list of games with
pictures. THERE IS NO SEARCH BOX! Only a "Show More" link.

Why don't you try searching for a game USING GOG GALAXY ONLY and tell
me how the process worked for you and what you did to find the
game?????

-pw

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<2k6hug5or3jb98nv90cutkto04phplq2q9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5930&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5930

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:12:52 -0700
 by: PW - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:12 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:49:03 +0000, JAB <noway@co.uk> wrote:

>On 13/01/2022 17:28, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> Hey, remember when Epic used to give away games every day? Now they
>> only do it once a week; the selfish bastards! ;-)
>>
>> (Actually, I think I prefer this slower pace. It was getting hard to
>> keep up with the daily give-aways).
>>
>> Anyway, this week we get:
>>
>> Galactic Civilizations III
>> https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/galactic-civilizations-iii
>>

>I did pick up GC:II a few years ago in a sale but never really played it
>that much. Many years ago it's a game I could have seen myself spending
>a lot of time on it but my gaming habits have changed to the extent that
>I no longer tend to focus on playing a single game at a time. The
>problem I create for myself with, these type of games, becomes that I
>put them down for a few weeks (or maybe longer) and then when I play
>them again I realise that I've actually forgotten a lot of how you
>supposed to play them and so end end having to start again.

*--

Same here. I usually need to take screenshots, write down notes, and
always have to write down the keyboard or controller configurations
since the days of manual have been lost for a decade or so will never
be back.

Why at least a PDF or whatever can't be included is unprofessional!

-pw

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<ssamq3$kug$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5939&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5939

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:01:09 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 04:01 UTC

On 1/19/2022 3:09 PM, PW wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:06:29 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> *---
>>>
>>> I disabled everything Norton (Firewall and AutoProtect) and still do
>>> not see the screen you see and no buy button.
>>>
>>> I purchased The Darkside Detective last night!
>>>
>>> I was just able to add Heroes of Might and Magic III using GOG Galaxy
>>> to my cart. I removed it.
>>>
>> I have no idea what is going on with your system. First you don't see
>> the buy button, then you do, then you don't again. It _isn't_ GOG, its
>> something on your end.
> * --
>
> It depends on the game I guess. If I could post a screenshot here, I
> would!
>
> But, to be honest, it is not possible to explain anything more
> clearly!
>
> I will try once more. Maybe you will understand this time:
>
> I can search for games on their URL: https://www.gog.com/games
> and put one in my shopping cart on the webpage. It also goes into GOG
> Galaxy's shopping cart because I am signed in on the website.
>
> When I click on the magnifying glass on the top left of GOG a gray
> window comes up with a magnifying glass and text that says "Search
> your games, friends, and...."
>
> It says nothing about searching the store.
>
> Three options exist underneath the search bar:
>
> Add games (find any game and mark it as owned", Perform Actions
> (launch any game, start chatting with a friend"), and Search metadata
> (search in tags, genres, ratings and more...).
>
> Nothing about searching their store. In Steam, I click on the store
> tab and enter in a title and it shows anything that matches what I
> typed. Then I click on a title and the game shows up to purchase (or
> I am told that it is already in my library).
>
> In GOG, Galaxy, I type in "Masters of Orion". I see "1and2" listed. I
> click on the game and as I have said before, there is a little
> screenshot and there IS NO BUY BUTTON? Understood??
>
> Now, I just searched for "Heroes of Might and Magic III", then clicked
> on the "Complete Edition" and same thing. No buy button.
>
> Here is an added goody for you: If I click on Store, under Deals on
> the left hand side, a page comes up with a list of games with
> pictures. THERE IS NO SEARCH BOX! Only a "Show More" link.
>
> Why don't you try searching for a game USING GOG GALAXY ONLY and tell
> me how the process worked for you and what you did to find the
> game?????

Everything I did before was on the GOG website. I don't use Galaxy to
search for anything.

Using Galaxy just now, I click on the magnifying glass in the top left.
That pops up a box that shows "Add Games", "Perform Actions" and
"Search metadata". It has a magnifying glass in the top left of this
new, smaller window. Next to that is "Search your games, friends
and...". Move my cursor over that "Search your..." text and it turns
into a vertical bar, indicating it is an input field. Type "master of
orion" in there and I get:
Master of Orion 3
Master of Orion 2
Master of Orion Classic
Master of Orion (the 2016 one)
Master of Orion 1+2
Master of Orion Collector
Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Next to each on the right is either "Installed" or "Game". If I click
on one of those titles it takes me to a page for that game. In the top
slightly right of center is a purple "Buy" button with a shopping cart.
Presumably if you click on that you will buy the game but I'm not
going to do that because I don't want to spend the money. Why you
aren't getting the full page I have no clue.

dirty old man.

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<v3cjug19qdc9enh4blrnrccndt4jb7h1q4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5951&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5951

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
References: <jpo9ughtoig3pvcr4k7fuqs9bj5pjg3o2t@4ax.com> <c8401f6a-42a2-4e79-a95c-1bc51e7bf35bn@googlegroups.com> <d33cugltl1q6s0b4ot452o470m246p0o76@4ax.com> <rc3cugtqs3npqh7jsm9hvdlgrce95o9dqo@4ax.com> <ss5fnh$de6$1@dont-email.me> <fsmeug5j9ftonvv33n1litq6raccfs2170@4ax.com> <ss7mpn$efm$1@dont-email.me> <ol5fugh1hd0sqg79u1sdu4tr0gi6oj8ckh@4ax.com> <ss868n$qch$1@dont-email.me> <2a5hugh0hd2supjk2ojaic5p5v64vk3dj4@4ax.com> <ssamq3$kug$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:00:40 -0700
 by: PW - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:00 UTC

>Next to each on the right is either "Installed" or "Game". If I click
>on one of those titles it takes me to a page for that game. In the top
>slightly right of center is a purple "Buy" button with a shopping cart.
> Presumably if you click on that you will buy the game but I'm not
>going to do that because I don't want to spend the money. Why you
>aren't getting the full page I have no clue.

*--

I do not see the buy button that you do! Just a purple-ish screen.
There is an other radio control which does nothing.

It said "Game" in the search listing.

I see no option to update the Galaxy software.

Sorry! I do not know what is going on. I guess I will have to
sign-in to the website to purchase something. Can something be
downloaded from the website or is Galaxy needed?

-pw

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<ubcjugtkj9sftp22cfu2gvn314cm26sqm9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5952&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5952

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:03:24 -0700
 by: PW - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:03 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:01:09 -0800, Dimensional Traveler >Using Galaxy
just now, I click on the magnifying glass in the top left.
> That pops up a box that shows "Add Games", "Perform Actions" and
>"Search metadata". It has a magnifying glass in the top left of this
>new, smaller window. Next to that is "Search your games, friends
>and...". Move my cursor over that "Search your..." text and it turns
>into a vertical bar, indicating it is an input field. Type "master of
>orion" in there and I get:
>Master of Orion 3
>Master of Orion 2
>Master of Orion Classic
>Master of Orion (the 2016 one)
>Master of Orion 1+2
>Master of Orion Collector
>Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars
>
>Next to each on the right is either "Installed" or "Game". If I click
>on one of those titles it takes me to a page for that game. In the top
>slightly right of center is a purple "Buy" button with a shopping cart.
> Presumably if you click on that you will buy the game but I'm not
>going to do that because I don't want to spend the money. Why you
>aren't getting the full page I have no clue.

*--

Okay - I do see a buy button in the search window. But if I click on
one of the results, it brings me up that page. If I click the buy
button, it brings up 86 pages.

-pw

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<sschlv$plr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5953&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5953

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:45:52 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:45 UTC

On 1/20/2022 11:00 AM, PW wrote:

>> Next to each on the right is either "Installed" or "Game". If I click
>> on one of those titles it takes me to a page for that game. In the top
>> slightly right of center is a purple "Buy" button with a shopping cart.
>> Presumably if you click on that you will buy the game but I'm not
>> going to do that because I don't want to spend the money. Why you
>> aren't getting the full page I have no clue.
>

> *--
>
> I do not see the buy button that you do! Just a purple-ish screen.
> There is an other radio control which does nothing.
>
> It said "Game" in the search listing.
>
> I see no option to update the Galaxy software.
>
> Sorry! I do not know what is going on. I guess I will have to
> sign-in to the website to purchase something. Can something be
> downloaded from the website or is Galaxy needed?

Galaxy is not needed. If you have Galaxy you can buy through the
website and Galaxy will just be the game launcher. (What it was
originally designed for.) If you don't have or want to use Galaxy GOG
allows you to download the installer for the game and install it on your
system that way which does not require any kind of internet connection
or other software.

Its that second option that makes GOG the preferred vendor for a number
of gamers since it means you will still have a working copy of the game
if GOG shuts down. If Steam, Epic, etc. shut down you lose the use of
any games you "bought" from them.

dirty old man.

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<gonjugles53rqiuscrfffkauplti2ueo1b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5954&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5954

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
References: <c8401f6a-42a2-4e79-a95c-1bc51e7bf35bn@googlegroups.com> <d33cugltl1q6s0b4ot452o470m246p0o76@4ax.com> <rc3cugtqs3npqh7jsm9hvdlgrce95o9dqo@4ax.com> <ss5fnh$de6$1@dont-email.me> <fsmeug5j9ftonvv33n1litq6raccfs2170@4ax.com> <ss7mpn$efm$1@dont-email.me> <ol5fugh1hd0sqg79u1sdu4tr0gi6oj8ckh@4ax.com> <ss868n$qch$1@dont-email.me> <2a5hugh0hd2supjk2ojaic5p5v64vk3dj4@4ax.com> <ssamq3$kug$1@dont-email.me> <v3cjug19qdc9enh4blrnrccndt4jb7h1q4@4ax.com> <sschlv$plr$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:18:49 -0700
 by: PW - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:18 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:45:52 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 1/20/2022 11:00 AM, PW wrote:
>>
>>> Next to each on the right is either "Installed" or "Game". If I click
>>> on one of those titles it takes me to a page for that game. In the top
>>> slightly right of center is a purple "Buy" button with a shopping cart.
>>> Presumably if you click on that you will buy the game but I'm not
>>> going to do that because I don't want to spend the money. Why you
>>> aren't getting the full page I have no clue.
>>

>> *--
>>
>> I do not see the buy button that you do! Just a purple-ish screen.
>> There is an other radio control which does nothing.
>>
>> It said "Game" in the search listing.
>>
>> I see no option to update the Galaxy software.
>>
>> Sorry! I do not know what is going on. I guess I will have to
>> sign-in to the website to purchase something. Can something be
>> downloaded from the website or is Galaxy needed?
>>
>Galaxy is not needed. If you have Galaxy you can buy through the
>website and Galaxy will just be the game launcher. (What it was
>originally designed for.) If you don't have or want to use Galaxy GOG
>allows you to download the installer for the game and install it on your
>system that way which does not require any kind of internet connection
>or other software.
>
>Its that second option that makes GOG the preferred vendor for a number
>of gamers since it means you will still have a working copy of the game
>if GOG shuts down. If Steam, Epic, etc. shut down you lose the use of
>any games you "bought" from them.

*---

Well, it does help me remember what games I bought and what games I
have installed :- )

I've never seen the prompt for the installer. I've always installed
through Galaxy.

Thanks!

-pw

Re: Free Game: Galactic Civilization III

<sscsba$2a1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5956&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#5956

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:47:55 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:47 UTC

On 1/20/2022 2:18 PM, PW wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:45:52 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> *--
>>>
>>> I do not see the buy button that you do! Just a purple-ish screen.
>>> There is an other radio control which does nothing.
>>>
>>> It said "Game" in the search listing.
>>>
>>> I see no option to update the Galaxy software.
>>>
>>> Sorry! I do not know what is going on. I guess I will have to
>>> sign-in to the website to purchase something. Can something be
>>> downloaded from the website or is Galaxy needed?
>>>
>> Galaxy is not needed. If you have Galaxy you can buy through the
>> website and Galaxy will just be the game launcher. (What it was
>> originally designed for.) If you don't have or want to use Galaxy GOG
>> allows you to download the installer for the game and install it on your
>> system that way which does not require any kind of internet connection
>> or other software.
>>
>> Its that second option that makes GOG the preferred vendor for a number
>> of gamers since it means you will still have a working copy of the game
>> if GOG shuts down. If Steam, Epic, etc. shut down you lose the use of
>> any games you "bought" from them.
>

> *---
>
> Well, it does help me remember what games I bought and what games I
> have installed :- )
>
> I've never seen the prompt for the installer. I've always installed
> through Galaxy.

There should be something after you have made the purchase, IIRC on the
same page as when you are asked if you have Galaxy, pointing to a link
to download the installer executable.

As far as being able to purchase thru Galaxy you really need to start a
ticket it GOG tech support.

dirty old man.