From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: If Apple can permanently lock your hardware for not logging into it - why can't Microsoft do it too?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:37:00 -0500
 by: nospam - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:37 UTC

In article <svipnk$49o$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> This post is for adults as it contains adult content.

you're posting adult content to a group you claim is full of children??

Re: If Apple can permanently lock your hardware for not logging into it - why can't Microsoft do it too?

<svirqt$29903$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=59986&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#59986

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:04:41 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:04 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> This post is for adults as it contains adult content.
>
> you're posting adult content to a group you claim is full of children??

I'm going to respond as an adult providing astute erudite observations...

1. For decades, most people have noticed Apple aficionados are different
2. But most people think it's because Apple products are different
3. But it's not due to that.

That's a critically important adult observation indeed.
It's the other way around.

A. It's the iKooks who are different.
B. Apple MARKETING (admittedly brilliantly) caters to impressionable people
C. The iKooks are simply the most extreme of the typical Apple consumer

iKooks:
a. Low self esteem
b. Low IQ
c. No education

iKooks
a. Believe _everything_ Apple MARKETING (rather astutely) feeds them
b. Defends everything Apple does, to the death, no matter what
c. Deny all facts about Apple they simply happen to not like

As a result...
a. iKooks own a purely imaginary belief system devoid of actual facts
b. Which, as a result, is extremely fragile since facts are _dangerous_
c. Because the iKook belief systems are instantly _destroyed_ by facts

These rather strange iKooks are completely _different_ from normal people.

A simple example is iKooks very often exalt over Apple's profit margin.
a. What Linux or Windows or Android user exalts over M$ or Google profits?
b. No adult claims M$ or Google profits are because they're great companies
c. Only the iKooks claim that the profits prove Apple makes great products

Another simple example is iKooks fall for every Apple marketing trick
a. What Samsung user falls for the "it's courageous" headphone jack loss?
b. No adult claims Samsung is great when Samsung removes the boxed charger
c. Only the iKooks mirror "it's courageous" & "it's for the kids" marketing

Yet another simple example is the Apple Silicon slogans iKooks love to quote
a. What Microsoft user endlessly gloats over the "Intel Inside" stickers?
b. No adult claims their PC is revolutionary because Intel made the silicon.
c. Only iKooks claim TSMC Silicon is Apple Silicon when it's _clearly_ not

Yet another example is Apple feeds the iKooks that iPhones are private
a. What Android user believes _anything_ that Google claims?
b. No adult claims their phone is private just because MARKETING said so
c. Only iKooks claim the iPhone is private when it's not even close
(just one example of many is TOR privacy is impossible on iOS)

In the main, the difference between Adults and iKooks is this:
a. Adults don't as easily fall for blatant MARKETING tricks
b. The iKooks do (hook, line, and sinker)

Only the iKooks fall for every (admittedly clever) MARKETING trick in the
book, which is _why_ Apple has such ungodly profit margins after all.

Not because Apple makes good products.
But because Apple makes good MARKETING.

Note that nobody in all of high tech has a _lower_ R&D budget than does
Apple (and nobody has a higher MARKETING budget in all of high tech).

We proved long ago there is no app functionality on iOS that isn't already
on Android (usually a five year old Android has it) and yet there is plenty
of app functionality on the cheapest Android never on the expensive iPhone.

Examples are automatic call recording and the ability to change launchers.

This is NOT because of hardware differences, which are only slight (save for
the lack of key expansion capabilities in Apple hardware) but that's minor.

The reason iOS is crippled is not due to the hardware being crippled.
It's due to Apple crippling apps the user can install from the App Store.
(Examples are mock location, tor privacy, graphical debugging, etc.)

Most people don't get this important adult observation:
A. It's not the lack of hardware which is why Apple devices are crippled
B. It's the developer MARKET isn't allowed to provide the functionality

Apple can and does cripple the available functionality; Google & MS can't.

End result:
Apple could not make those obscene profit margins off of intelligent people.
--
I don't care that iKooks are uneducated & of low IQ & low self esteem, but
_because_ of those things, they are ignorant of what Apple actually does.

Even then I don't care exept when iKooks brazenly deny what no adult would.