Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: don.j...@C0MCAST.NET (Don J.)
Subject: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 06:08:21 -0400
 by: Don J. - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:08 UTC

Saw the Up Phone featured in one of O'Keefe Media Groups videos. Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

The Unplugged site doesn't say which networks it works with.

https://www.unplugged.com/

Re: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

<utphn6$eico$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=601&group=alt.online-service.comcast#601

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:43:33 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 15:43 UTC

On 3/24/2024 6:08 AM, Don J. wrote:
> Saw the Up Phone featured in one of O'Keefe Media Groups videos. Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?
>
> The Unplugged site doesn't say which networks it works with.
>
> https://www.unplugged.com/

Suggest you navigate to the following link and see what the results are:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/byod

However, ff the up phone uses an operating system other than either
apple or android, that page seems to be saying that they answer will be
"no".

Re: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

<utpja0$evk1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=602&group=alt.online-service.comcast#602

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:10:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:10 UTC

Don J. <don.john@C0MCAST.NET> wrote:

>Saw the Up Phone featured in one of O'Keefe Media Groups videos. Will
>the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

>The Unplugged site doesn't say which networks it works with.

>https://www.unplugged.com/

Personally, I've always rejected this service. If I'm using a cell
phone, I want to remain on the cell phone network, especially for data.
I absolutely do not want to be switched between Wifi and cellular.

Re: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

<17bfcea11ac25237$353$3037545$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=603&group=alt.online-service.comcast#603

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: don.j...@C0MCAST.NET (Don J.)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:52:54 -0400
 by: Don J. - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:52 UTC

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Don J. <don.john@C0MCAST.NET> wrote:
>
>> Saw the Up Phone featured in one of O'Keefe Media Groups videos. Will
>> the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?
>
>> The Unplugged site doesn't say which networks it works with.
>
>> https://www.unplugged.com/
>
> Personally, I've always rejected this service. If I'm using a cell
> phone, I want to remain on the cell phone network, especially for data.
> I absolutely do not want to be switched between Wifi and cellular.

At 2.5 miles from the nearest cell tower, wifi calling is imperative.
FWIW, Comcast's wifi calling works flawlessly for me, way better than T's fucking femtocell.

Re: Will the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

<utq4r7$jd7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=604&group=alt.online-service.comcast#604

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:09:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:09 UTC

Don J. <don.john@C0MCAST.NET> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Don J. <don.john@C0MCAST.NET> wrote:

>>>Saw the Up Phone featured in one of O'Keefe Media Groups videos. Will
>>>the Up Phone work on Xfinity Mobile?

>>>The Unplugged site doesn't say which networks it works with.

>>>https://www.unplugged.com/

>>Personally, I've always rejected this service. If I'm using a cell
>>phone, I want to remain on the cell phone network, especially for data.
>>I absolutely do not want to be switched between Wifi and cellular.

>At 2.5 miles from the nearest cell tower, wifi calling is imperative.

I don't have a T-Mobile tower around here either but I'm still using
cellular for the phone. I'm not happy with using other than a home Wifi
network and security I cannot control.

There's some sort of minitower but the cell signal isn't great.

I do have to set up VoIP via Wifi when I carry my conference phone to a
meeting. I never seem to have adequate bandwidth for cellular data.

>FWIW, Comcast's wifi calling works flawlessly for me, way better than
>T's fucking femtocell.

Yeah, I had one of those once. It wasn't terribly helpful.