From: OSjkel...@invalid.eu (Omar Sjkelser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Kaspersky
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 14:03:24 -0500
 by: Omar Sjkelser - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 19:03 UTC

On 2/25/2022 11:37 AM, Optimist wrote:
> In view of the current international situation, should users of Kaspersky security software switch
> to alternatives?
Yes.

Putin cannot be trusted. He will force malware from trusted
applications. In the past, a simple means to sidestep this was to add a
Russian keyboard to your Win setup.

Similar concern with Adguard.

Re: Kaspersky

<tdkibh1jgrqml3m0sh3fl7r5vpd1gknrmt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=64068&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#64068

From: curmudg...@mailinator.com (Optimist)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:14:12 +0100
 by: Optimist - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 07:14 UTC

On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 14:40:55 +0000, Optimist <curmudgeon@mailinator.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 14:03:24 -0500, Omar Sjkelser <OSjkelser@invalid.eu> wrote:
>
>>On 2/25/2022 11:37 AM, Optimist wrote:
>>> In view of the current international situation, should users of Kaspersky security software switch
>>> to alternatives?
>>Yes.
>>
>>Putin cannot be trusted. He will force malware from trusted
>>applications. In the past, a simple means to sidestep this was to add a
>>Russian keyboard to your Win setup.
>>
>>Similar concern with Adguard.
>
>On March 3rd, the Daily Telegraph included Kaspersky in its article "Which Russia-related products
>should you boycott?"

More developments.

I contacted Kaspersky to cancel my account, which they acknowledged, so I uninstalled the software.

Two months later, they sent me a renewal reminder via an outfit called Digital River Ireland.
Attempts to cancel the subscription (again) were thwarted as I could not log into the account.

I logged into my John Lewis Mastercard account and messaged them to decline the charge.

They replied that I had to ring one of their agents to change my credit card number. After
eventually getting through to a human, I explained the problem with great difficulty as she did not
speak the same variety of English that I do (English English). She said she would send a
replacement card but when the new card arrived it had the same number, so she obviously had not
understood the problem.

I sent another message via the website but was told, once again, that I would have to phone an
agent! I did not bother as I found that I could disable my account at the website.

I received an email from Kaspersky/Digital River Ireland on the renewal day complaining that they
had been unable to renew my subscription, and another one this morning.

So I will be unable to use my Mastercard until Kaspersky/Digital River Ireland finally give up, but
when will that be I wonder?

This does raise the issue of how to cancel these continuing mandates when a rogue supplier refuses
to stop taking your money. This did not happen with cheques!

Re: Kaspersky

<i0AWiKArJauiFwF2@ntlworld.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=64073&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#64073

From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 13:28:27 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:28 UTC

In article <tdkibh1jgrqml3m0sh3fl7r5vpd1gknrmt@4ax.com>, Optimist
<curmudgeon@mailinator.com> writes
>This does raise the issue of how to cancel these continuing mandates when
>a rogue supplier refuses to stop taking your money. This did not happen
>with cheques!

I was caught out last year as I had missed the auto renewal tick box,
after much searching I found a box to cancel the auto renew although I
can't remember where it was as I tried so many different ways.

I will have to wait and see if it worked in 84 days when it's due to
renew.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Kaspersky