From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: February Prime Games Listed!
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 07:55:05 -0700
 by: rms - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:55 UTC

I'm not familiar with most of these:
Ashwalkers
Stellaris
As Far As The Eye
Double Kick Heroes
Golazo! Soccer League

rms

Re: February Prime Games Listed!

<1jm5vgd32d7urrce7n3o9cdnivubfa1dgc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6013&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6013

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: February Prime Games Listed!
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:58:48 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:58 UTC

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 07:55:05 -0700, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>I'm not familiar with most of these:
>Ashwalkers
>Stellaris
>As Far As The Eye
>Double Kick Heroes
>Golazo! Soccer League

Well, not a very exciting selection, but then again, after the past
few months I'm hardly going to complain.

"Stellaris" is the only game I've heard of before (and, of course, I
already have it). The rest seem a bunch of Indie titles of limited
interested to me and middling quality. "As Far As The Eye" looks like
a moderately entertaining kingdom-builder, but reviews are middling.
"Ashwalkers" might be worth a play, but I'm not sure I could stand its
monochromatic visuals for very long; sure it looks neat and stylish,
but it gives me a headache just watching the trailer. "Double Kick
Heroes" looks like a port of a mobile game and "Golazo!" is -
unsurprisingly - a soccer game; neither would rank high on my 'gotta
play' list.

I mean, I'll grab them all when they are available; they're free (or
semi-free, anyway, seeing as they are part of a service I pay for,
even if the games aren't the reason I'm paying for that service) but
it's hardly the sort of selection that would convince anyone to start
get Prime if they didn't have it already.

But, as I said, I'm not really complaining. The past few months
they've given us stuff like "Fahrenheit", "WRC 7", "Two Point
Hospital", the complete "Tales of Monkey Island" games, "Jedi Fallen
Order" and "Need for Speed Hot Pursuit". I'll grant them a few months
of offering only 'average' titles after a bountiful harvest like that.

Thanks for the update, rms!

Re: February Prime Games Listed!

<ssuvku$i9l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6017&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6017

From: now...@co.uk (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:34:37 +0000
 by: JAB - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:34 UTC

On 27/01/2022 14:55, rms wrote:
> I'm not familiar with most of these:
> Ashwalkers
> Stellaris
> As Far As The Eye
> Double Kick Heroes
> Golazo! Soccer League

I'll probably nab Stellaris as it gets some pretty good reviews although
the chance of me ever playing a grand strategy game from Paradox for
more than a few hours is low. Ashwalkers looks as though it could be
interesting. The rest I think I'll pass on.