Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

SubjectAuthor
* Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side caleAnt
`* Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side VanguardLH
 `* Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side Ant
  +* Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side VanguardLH
  |`- Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side Ant
  `* Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side Stan Brown
   `* Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side VanguardLH
    `- Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side Ant

1
Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<W-idnXXU0-Eo3rP_nZ2dnUU7-cnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60570&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60570

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:19:17 -0500
 by: Ant - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:19 UTC

Hello.

Once in a while, my updated 64-bit W10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1586)'s left clicked task
bar's date and time refuses bring up its right side calendar as shown in my
uploaded https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/pyq9cpwpd42.gif screen shot/capture. I
noticed since this yesterday morning PST. I tried rebooting too. Using another
local W10 account (standard level instead of my local admin) worked fine. What
could be causing it not to show up? Did 3/8/2022 WUs break it or something in
this local admin account? :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Beijing's Paralympics R ova again. MM return again. Pls keep da DST 4ever. :( Is it safe 2 hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<6ovbrz1ka7z8.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60575&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60575

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:04:22 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:04 UTC

Ant wrote:

> Once in a while, my updated 64-bit W10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1586)'s left
> clicked task bar's date and time refuses bring up its right side
> calendar as shown in my uploaded https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/pyq9cpwpd42.gif
> screen shot/capture. I noticed since this yesterday morning PST. I
> tried rebooting too. Using another local W10 account (standard level
> instead of my local admin) worked fine. What could be causing it not
> to show up? Did 3/8/2022 WUs break it or something in this local
> admin account? :(

Have you yet tried opening the Start Menu, and then test clicking on the
clock/date systray icon?

Try the Win+B key combo. That focuses on the systray objects in the
taskbar. Keep hitting the right-arror key until the clock is selected,
and then hit Enter. Can you get the calendar to appear then?

Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
(logoff, logon) may be needed.

After updates (which you mention there were some), have you yet
restarted Windows even if not prompted to do so?

The taskbar and Calendar app are linked. Did you uninstall the "Mail
and Calendar" app?

Are you using the standard desktop manager that came with Windows, or
have you replaced or augmented it with a 3rd party desktop manager
(e.g., OpenShell, ClassicShell, etc)?

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<2vSdnRr87r-5-bP_nZ2dnUU7-XnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60577&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60577

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:37:40 -0500
 by: Ant - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:37 UTC

The issue is gone again after rebooting. Weird, that it didn't fix it
with yesterday's reboot.

VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> Ant wrote:

> > Once in a while, my updated 64-bit W10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1586)'s left
> > clicked task bar's date and time refuses bring up its right side
> > calendar as shown in my uploaded https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/pyq9cpwpd42.gif
> > screen shot/capture. I noticed since this yesterday morning PST. I
> > tried rebooting too. Using another local W10 account (standard level
> > instead of my local admin) worked fine. What could be causing it not
> > to show up? Did 3/8/2022 WUs break it or something in this local
> > admin account? :(

> Have you yet tried opening the Start Menu, and then test clicking on the
> clock/date systray icon?

I always have to reveal my W10's start menu since I have my task bar to
autohide (want to have the extra bottom space on my 1920x1080 HD
desktop). When I was having problems, I could still right click on
system tray to adjust settings like the dates and times.

> Try the Win+B key combo. That focuses on the systray objects in the
> taskbar. Keep hitting the right-arror key until the clock is selected,
> and then hit Enter. Can you get the calendar to appear then?

I will try that if the issue returns. I am pretty sure it will since it
happened twice so far since yesterday.

> Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
> Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
> (logoff, logon) may be needed.

I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.

> After updates (which you mention there were some), have you yet
> restarted Windows even if not prompted to do so?

Yes, I did on Tuesday since it would nag me to death. I was already
prepare to get get them.

> The taskbar and Calendar app are linked. Did you uninstall the "Mail
> and Calendar" app?

No. According to Start Menu, search, and MS Store, I have them in this
local admin account.

> Are you using the standard desktop manager that came with Windows, or
> have you replaced or augmented it with a 3rd party desktop manager
> (e.g., OpenShell, ClassicShell, etc)?

The default standard desktop manager from W10. No addons.
--
Beijing's Paralympics R ova again. MM return again. Pls keep da DST 4ever. :( Is it safe 2 hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<5wklrcru0r54.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60578&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60578

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:49:57 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:49 UTC

Ant wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
>
>> Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
>> Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
>> (logoff, logon) may be needed.
>
> I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.

Depends on what view you use. In Control Panel using the default and
assumed Categories view, it's "Clock and Region". With the Large/Small
icons view, it's "Region". You can also get to the old dialog using the
command "C:\Windows\System32\intl.cpl".

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<MPG.3c98090ff10c920a98fed1@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60579&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60579

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:59:15 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:59 UTC

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:37:40 -0500, Ant wrote:
> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> > Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
> > Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
> > (logoff, logon) may be needed.
>
> I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.

That's one of the Control Pane categories. I imagine you have "View
by" in Control Panel set to something other than Category. Just
select Region.

your problem. (I'm not saying that it won't, just saying that I don't
understand how it would.)

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<5inn6w4iy01v$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60581&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60581

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:00:38 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 00:00 UTC

Stan Brown wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:37:40 -0500, Ant wrote:
>> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
>>> Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
>>> Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
>>> (logoff, logon) may be needed.
>>
>> I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.
>
> That's one of the Control Pane categories. I imagine you have "View
> by" in Control Panel set to something other than Category. Just
> select Region.

> your problem. (I'm not saying that it won't, just saying that I don't
> understand how it would.)

I saw someone say their long date format was blank, and that stopped the
calendar functions. Wrong formats for date or time caused the problem.
Resetting returned the time and date formats to their standard settings.

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<-cSdnc5oT9aXCrP_nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60585&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60585

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 20:14:50 -0500
 by: Ant - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 01:14 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> Ant wrote:

> > VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> >
> >> Try running control.exe, Clock and Region, Region, Formats tab,
> >> Additional settings, and click Reset. A restart of your Windows session
> >> (logoff, logon) may be needed.
> >
> > I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.

> Depends on what view you use. In Control Panel using the default and
> assumed Categories view, it's "Clock and Region". With the Large/Small
> icons view, it's "Region". You can also get to the old dialog using the
> command "C:\Windows\System32\intl.cpl".

Ah, thanks. I see them. I'll try that if the issue returns again.
--
Beijing's Paralympics R ova again. MM return again. Pls keep da DST 4ever. :( Is it safe 2 hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Clicking on my W10's task bar's date & time doesn't bring up its right side calendar.

<VP6dnaC-YoNWeLP_nZ2dnUU7-K-dnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60590&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60590

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 01:50:51 -0500
 by: Ant - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 06:50 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> Stan Brown wrote:

> >> I don't see "Clock and Region" in my control.exe's Control Panel.
> >
> > That's one of the Control Pane categories. I imagine you have "View
> > by" in Control Panel set to something other than Category. Just
> > select Region.

> > your problem. (I'm not saying that it won't, just saying that I don't
> > understand how it would.)

> I saw someone say their long date format was blank, and that stopped the
> calendar functions. Wrong formats for date or time caused the problem.
> Resetting returned the time and date formats to their standard settings.

Interesting. Mine looks fine when working. We'll see what happens if it stops working again if ever.
--
Beijing's Paralympics R ova again. MM, DST (pls keep da DST 4ever), h2o issues, slammy life, etc. return again. :( Is it safe 2 hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |