From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Computer freezes!
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:33:09 +0000
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:33 UTC

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 at 09:12:13, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote (my
[]
>I'm reduced to unplugging the power and then plugging this in again
>and starting the startup routine.
[]
Is there _any_ sign of life about it - any lights on (on the motherboard
if a desktop, or the telltales if a laptop)?

If there's any sign of life, then you can save wear and tear on your
power connector by holding the power button in for several seconds -
this will usually force it to shut down altogether - then a brief press
to start it as normal.

I don't know what the cause of your problem is, but saving wear and tear
on the power connector is worth doing - they're a right pain to replace
when they wear out on a laptop, and on a desktop they're at least in an
awkward-to-get-at position round the back.

Only dirty people need wash

Re: Computer freezes!

<cpp64hh76e801p157okgcj205lt7pvmdgi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61189&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61189

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 07:08:30 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:08 UTC

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:33:09 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 at 09:12:13, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote (my
>[]
>>I'm reduced to unplugging the power and then plugging this in again
>>and starting the startup routine.
>[]
>Is there _any_ sign of life about it - any lights on (on the motherboard
>if a desktop, or the telltales if a laptop)?
>
>If there's any sign of life, then you can save wear and tear on your
>power connector by holding the power button in for several seconds -
>this will usually force it to shut down altogether - then a brief press
>to start it as normal.

Yes, thanks, this worked.