Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Two Simultaneous Audio Devices
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 19:40:42 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 19:40 UTC

I have a laptop and use a set of unpowered speakers when working at home. I
also have an OONTZ Angle. There are times when I am listening to music when
I would like to use the OONTZ as a kind of center channel/woofer in
conjunction with my regular speakers.
Unfortunately Windows (11) doesn't seem to have a way to direct an audio
output to my audio out jack AND Bluetooth at the same time. Have any of you
figured out a way to do that?

I realied as I was typing this that my OONTZ does have an audio input jack,
and that I coculd just buy a Y-cable and a male-to-male audio cable. But I
am concerned about being able to balance the outputs easily.

Any suggestions?

Re: Two Simultaneous Audio Devices

<t182s3$vc6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=60828&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#60828

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Two Simultaneous Audio Devices
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:29:45 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 20:29 UTC

On 3/20/2022 3:40 PM, MajorLanGod wrote:
> I have a laptop and use a set of unpowered speakers when working at home. I
> also have an OONTZ Angle. There are times when I am listening to music when
> I would like to use the OONTZ as a kind of center channel/woofer in
> conjunction with my regular speakers.
> Unfortunately Windows (11) doesn't seem to have a way to direct an audio
> output to my audio out jack AND Bluetooth at the same time. Have any of you
> figured out a way to do that?
>
> I realied as I was typing this that my OONTZ does have an audio input jack,
> and that I coculd just buy a Y-cable and a male-to-male audio cable. But I
> am concerned about being able to balance the outputs easily.
>
> Any suggestions?

Most programs are written to use the Audio Mixer

FF -----|
System sounds -----| Audio |-------|--- Analog Audio \___ select any one item
| Mixer | |--- SPDIF or HDMI /
Winamp -----|

But, you can also work around the Audio Mixer,
if you write the code to do so yourself.

In addition, the HDAUdio chips support 32 ohm drivers
on at least two output widgets. With a suitable written
program, you can play two CDs and drive two headphones
with different music (Country and Western on one headset,
Rock on the other headset).

4 2
Winamp --/-- HDAudio --/-- Rear Lineout 32 ohm drive
2
--/-- Front Headphone 32 ohm drive

I can't say I've ever got anything fancy running here like that.
These remain "just ideas".

I would think, the number of pieces of software that could
drive the same output to BT as to Lineout (a bypass of the
Windows mixer model), would be perilously close to zero.
The source and sink, or streaming, models might be different.

There were also two kinds of drivers. Regular sound drivers,
as well as "professional" ASIO drivers. And the ASIO thing, might
be better for driving multiple sound sources through one piece
of software. In principle, you could take a stereo signal,
put the right channel on the right speaker of one set of
stereo speakers and put the left channel on the left speaker
of a second set of stereo speakers. Basically, patch panel stuff.
Patching at channel level. However, really capable ASIO drivers
only seemed to come from the company who invented this, whereas
the amateur attempts had some limitations.

But fun, if you happened to get it working.

Anything you can do with wires and passive adapters, will
be a huge time savings. Even if you have to adjust the
volume knob once in a while. The software idea is just a tease.

Paul