Ya'll hear about the geometer who went to the beach to catch some rays and became a tangent ?

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership login requirement?

SubjectAuthor
* How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership logiAndy Burnelli
+- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedBig Al
+- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedBill
+* Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedrabidR04CH
> [...]
||  | ||`* Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedMark Lloyd
||  | || `- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedrabidR04CH
||  | |`- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership Ken Blake
||  | `* Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership Ken Blake
||  |  `- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
||  `- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
|`* Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedBill
| `- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership Ant
+* Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedPaul
|`- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
`- Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forcedPaul in Houston TX

Pages:1234
Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership login requirement?

<t1uu2m$vmd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61155&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61155

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced
mothership login requirement?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:29:10 -0400
 by: Big Al - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:29 UTC

On 3/28/22 18:37, this is what The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 22:04:06 -0500, rabidR04CH <rabid@r04.ch> wrote:
>
>> They were soon gobbled up by AOL and released Netscape 6 which _no one_
>> used because it was slow, even on the best hardware of the time, and did
>> nothing to block Internet ads. It became completely irrelevant as a
>> company soon thereafter.
>
> There was a Netscape 6? I remember Netscape 5 and used MSIE before
> switching to Firefox 1.0...
I still have the free cd they sent me in a cardboard sleeve with their cute N logo on it.
Keep it for nostalgia. No idea if it would run.

Al

Re: How is Microsoft planning on making money from the future forced mothership login requirement?

<t1vfk2$k3v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61173&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61173

From: winston...@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
mothership login requirement?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:28:32 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 17:28 UTC

Chris wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 22:04:06 -0500, rabidR04CH <rabid@r04.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> They were soon gobbled up by AOL and released Netscape 6 which _no one_
>>> used because it was slow, even on the best hardware of the time, and did
>>> nothing to block Internet ads. It became completely irrelevant as a
>>> company soon thereafter.
>>
>> There was a Netscape 6? I remember Netscape 5 and used MSIE before
>> switching to Firefox 1.0...
>
> I used netscape 6 for quite a while. it was nice to have the integrated
> email client as well.
>
> Ads were not an issue in those days, so not sure why that was raised as a
> criticism.
>
> I may have also used netscape 7 briefly, but I moved to this new exciting
> browser from mozilla called phoenix. It eventually became firefox :)
>
> Never used IE <spit>

Likewise use of Netscape prior to version 6. Ditched it when AOL got
involved and released version 6.0
Never liked MSFT's Internet Mail and News or its Windows Messaging(fka
Exchange - consumer non-server version included in Win95) as email
clients nor the later Outlook Express.
- Once Outlook 98 was available(free order from MSFT or included in
magazines) OL98 became my preferred email client, with OE only used for
nntp. Used OL98 until Office 2000(with OL2K) install replaced my
installation of Office 95(which did not include Outlook)

--