Basic is a high level languish. APL is a high level anguish.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Open a command windows in a specific folder

SubjectAuthor
* Open a command windows in a specific folderFromTheRafters
+* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderJT
|`- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderFromTheRafters
+* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderAndy Burns
|+* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderHerbert Kleebauer
||`* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderFromTheRafters
|| `* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderHerbert Kleebauer
||  `* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderAndy Burnelli
||   `* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderZaidy036
||    `- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderFromTheRafters
+* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderPeter Johnson
|`* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderPaul
| `- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderAndy Burns
+* Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderStan Brown
|`- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderPaul
`- Re: Open a command windows in a specific folderPent

1
Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3ni1c$t24$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61771&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61771

From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Open a command windows in a specific folder
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:32 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 23:53 UTC

How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?

What I do now is type the path in the Win+R "Run" command box.
And then I right click in the folder to open a command window here.
And then I close the folder window that came up when I typed the path.

But can I combine those three steps into one so that whatever I type into
the Win+R command box just opens a command window in the specific folder?

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3nkcv$1j5f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61778&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61778

From: JT...@spam-me-not.invalid (JT)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:33:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: JT - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:33 UTC

FromTheRafters wrote:

> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>
> What I do now is type the path in the Win+R "Run" command box.
> And then I right click in the folder to open a command window here.
> And then I close the folder window that came up when I typed the path.
>
> But can I combine those three steps into one so that whatever I type into
> the Win+R command box just opens a command window in the specific folder?

FTR...

You could do this: https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-command-window-here-back-context-menu-windows-10

JT

--

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3o12i$1521$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61781&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61781

From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 23:10:09 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:10 UTC

JT used his or her keyboard to write :

>> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>>
>> What I do now is type the path in the Win+R "Run" command box.
>> And then I right click in the folder to open a command window here.
>> And then I close the folder window that came up when I typed the path.
>>
>> But can I combine those three steps into one so that whatever I type into
>> the Win+R command box just opens a command window in the specific folder?
>
> FTR...
>
> You could do this: https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-command-window-here-back-context-menu-windows-10

That's what I'm using to open the command window "here", where the "here" is
the problem. You have to "be there" for the "here" to work. :0-)

What I want is to open a command window "over there" where the over there is
a given folder deep in the hierarchy.

I'm trying various "%comspec% -k" options with "cd" and "&&" involved but so
far I haven't had any luck. I'm sure it can be done. It's a syntax thing.

I was hoping someone did it already so I could use what they already use.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<jc9m0rFi9b8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61782&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61782

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 07:03:05 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 06:03 UTC

FromTheRafters wrote:

> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory from a
> command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?

cmd.exe /k cd /d "C:\whatever\path"

the /k flag tells cmd not to immediately exit, the /d flag allows the change
directory command to change drive letter as well as folder

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3obdt$ekh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61784&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61784

From: kle...@unibwm.de (Herbert Kleebauer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:06:37 +0200
 by: Herbert Kleebauer - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 07:06 UTC

On 20.04.2022 08:03, Andy Burns wrote:
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>
>> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory from a
>> command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>
> cmd.exe /k cd /d "C:\whatever\path"
>

> the /k flag tells cmd not to immediately exit, the /d flag allows the change
> directory command to change drive letter as well as folder

Or put this batch on your desktop:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
@echo off
set d1=C:\
set d2=D:\
set d3=D:\tmp1
set d4=D:\tmp5
for /l %%i in (1,1,4) do call echo [%%i] %%d%%i%%

choice /c 1234 /d 1 /t 5
call set p=%%d%errorlevel%%%

start "%date% %time%" cmd.exe /k cd /d "%p%" ^&MODE CON: COLS=80 LINES=40
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You can define up to 9 directories in the batch. When the batch
is started, enter 1-9 to open a cmd window for that directory
in the given size (cols= lines=). If you don't enter a number,
after 5 seconds the first directory is selected. You always
can enter a "cd" command later to change the directory.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3ok2s$eu2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61787&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61787

From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:34:35 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:34 UTC

Andy Burns used his or her keyboard to write :

>> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory from a
>> command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>
> cmd.exe /k cd /d "C:\whatever\path"

That's the correct syntax I was seeking!

In looking up the syntax I was informed of the following conditions.
The 'cmd' is found in the path while %comspec% is explicitly defined.
It may matter sometimes that %comspec% starts in %WINDIR%\System32.
'cmd' starts in the user's home e.g. C:\Document And Settings\USER1.

Thanks for the correct syntax.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3okvb$teh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61788&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61788

From: erra...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:49:46 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:49 UTC

Herbert Kleebauer used his or her keyboard to write :

> You can define up to 9 directories in the batch. When the batch
> is started, enter 1-9 to open a cmd window for that directory
> in the given size (cols= lines=). If you don't enter a number,
> after 5 seconds the first directory is selected. You always
> can enter a "cd" command later to change the directory.

That's quite a nice batch script which I will use since I don't like a messy
$PATH variable and yet some commands must be run from the command line like
the YouTube Downloader (youtube-dl.exe) because they don't have any GUI.

I could collect up to nine of those command line only applications into a
single shortcut TARGET line using your nice batch script.

I can pin that shortcut to the taskbar and that would help to run nine of
those command line only commands without adding all nine to the $PATH.

Thanks!

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3onnj$8vo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61789&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61789

From: kle...@unibwm.de (Herbert Kleebauer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 12:36:35 +0200
 by: Herbert Kleebauer - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:36 UTC

On 20.04.2022 11:49, FromTheRafters wrote:

> $PATH variable and yet some commands must be run from the command line like
> the YouTube Downloader (youtube-dl.exe) because they don't have any GUI.

To make life much easier, I would recommend to use a file manager like
Midnight Commander or Far Manager:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcwin32/
https://www.farmanager.com/

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<m3a06hh1ehs08oshn40de1hcorifbmhr0c@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61794&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61794

From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:39:26 +0100
 by: Peter Johnson - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:39 UTC

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:32 -0500, FromTheRafters
<erratic@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
>from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?

I would navigate to the desired location in File Explorer (or
similar), right click and select Open in Terminal (or whatever, that's
what it is on my Windows 11 system) from the context menu.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<MPG.3cc8eea78daf866f98ff13@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61796&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61796

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:32:24 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:32 UTC

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:32 -0500, FromTheRafters wrote:

> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
> from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?

cmd /k cd \path\to\my\folder

The /k option tells it to keep the window open after executing the
command.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3pkea$vis$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61797&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61797

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 14:46:34 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:46 UTC

On 4/20/2022 11:39 AM, Peter Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:32 -0500, FromTheRafters
> <erratic@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
>>from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>>
> I would navigate to the desired location in File Explorer (or
> similar), right click and select Open in Terminal (or whatever, that's
> what it is on my Windows 11 system) from the context menu.

Windows 11 has that, where Terminal is the replacement
for the Powershell window.

The Terminal seems to "copy" materials when you press control-c,
which is a poor choice, because that also kills a currently
running command.

The Powershell, you highlight some text, then, when you hit <cr>,
the text is transferred to the copy buffer.

So the two of them aren't exactly the same.

There is a claim you can install Terminal in Windows 10,
but maybe that was just the preview intended for Windows 11.
In the Microsoft Store, it is listed as "Windows Terminal"
from Microsoft Corporation.

*******

Adding this was more popular in the WinXP era.

https://superuser.com/questions/98322/windows-xp-open-terminal-here-shell-extension

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\cmd]
@="Open Command Prompt Here"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\cmd\command]
@="cmd.exe /k pushd %L"

Some of these things, they work by highlighting a folder, and
you will work within that folder. Others, you are already in
the folder, and the shellex opens the command prompt to the
folder you're already inside. You have to be careful to select
a .reg of the right type, to get what you want.

This is one from the year 2009. This one likely opens in the
folder you're currently sitting in. Maybe some more Googling
will reveal the correct locations for these (elevated or not).

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\Shell\cmd]
@="Command Prompt from Here!"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\Shell\cmd\command]
@="C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe"

Paul

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3pkll$1or$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61798&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61798

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 14:50:29 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:50 UTC

On 4/20/2022 1:32 PM, Stan Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:32 -0500, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>
>> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
>> from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>
> cmd /k cd \path\to\my\folder
>
> The /k option tells it to keep the window open after executing the
> command.

You can give cd relative or absolute paths.

Maybe, like this ?

cd /? # Help for "cd" in Command Prompt session

cmd /k cd /d z:\path\to\my\folder

Paul

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<jcb3aiFqsmmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61799&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61799

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:56:17 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:56 UTC

Paul wrote:

> There is a claim you can install Terminal in Windows 10

indeed you can, I installed the preview/beta version and it later updated to
release, it was a bit rough when the only way to configure it was by editing the
JSON file, now most settings have a GUI.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3r28d$ksj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61817&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61817

From: in...@out.me.com (Pent)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 08:48:30 +0100
 by: Pent - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 07:48 UTC

On 20/04/2022 00:53, FromTheRafters wrote:
> How would you open up a user-level command window in a given directory
> from a command that you can type into the Windows Win+R "Run" command box?
>
> What I do now is type the path in the Win+R "Run" command box.
> And then I right click in the folder to open a command window here.
> And then I close the folder window that came up when I typed the path.
>
> But can I combine those three steps into one so that whatever I type into
> the Win+R command box just opens a command window in the specific folder?

Run-Command from softwareok.com. Add favorites for frequently used commands.

https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/Run-Command/History

Lots of other tools on that site too

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3s4lq$16ur$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61830&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61830

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:36:08 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:36 UTC

Herbert Kleebauer wrote:

> On 20.04.2022 11:49, FromTheRafters wrote:
>
>> $PATH variable and yet some commands must be run from the command line like
>> the YouTube Downloader (youtube-dl.exe) because they don't have any GUI.
>
> To make life much easier, I would recommend to use a file manager like
> Midnight Commander or Far Manager:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcwin32/
> https://www.farmanager.com/

That seems like a nice tool which I downloaded and tested only just moments
ago, as I keep a "Run" icon on my taskbar and use it a hundred times a day.

An item I _loved_ about that app you mentioned above is their wonderful FAQ.
<https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Run-Command&faq=4>

There _is_ a rudimentary run history which you can enable in the Windows
registry, which keeps the last few run commands for re-use if you need that.
[HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
[Start_TrackDocs=1(hex) ===> Run history is turned on]
[Start_TrackDocs=0(hex) ===> Run history is turned off]

Here is a screenshot I just made to help others turn run history on or off:
<https://i.postimg.cc/d3dtt8hS/runhistory01.jpg> Run history on or off

The problem that I have is the exact _opposite_ of that of the op which is
to _close_ the command window that was opened in a specific folder.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)

I shouldn't hijack this so should probably just open a separate thread where
for years I've been running commands from a shortcut target such as this
target below which end up leaving an open command window in the taskbar.
%comspec% /k cd /d "c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy" && adb connect 192.168.0.2:5555 && scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555

That reliably pops up the Android screen on Windows over Wi-Fi but then I
have absolutely no need for the command window to remain as clutter.

Is there a way to get rid of the command Window and not kill the process?
In UNIX, I used to use the ampersand (&).

Does Windows have that concept of putting the command in the background so
that the window that called it can be closed?

I have the same issue with openvpn windows where I don't need the extraneous
running open command window cluttering up what otherwise should be a clean
Windows user experience. I never enter another command in those windows.

And yet, I can accidentally interfere with the open window because it's
there and you can't get rid of it (other than to iconify it with the (-),
but it's still there on the otherwise clean taskbar, just waiting to be
opened by accident (and the icon looks like all other cmd window icons).

For those reasons...

Is there a way to background a Windows command (e.g., "&") and then we can
safely _close_ that extraneous running command window to reduce clutter?
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted people daily gather to voluntarily help others.

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t3sud7$45o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61840&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61840

From: Zaidy...@air.isp.spam (Zaidy036)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:55:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:T83Kq5Q3I/Hi3lcEskJ66nJkVkU=
 by: Zaidy036 - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:55 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Herbert Kleebauer wrote:
>
>> On 20.04.2022 11:49, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>
>>> $PATH variable and yet some commands must be run from the command line like
>>> the YouTube Downloader (youtube-dl.exe) because they don't have any GUI.
>>
>> To make life much easier, I would recommend to use a file manager like
>> Midnight Commander or Far Manager:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcwin32/
>> https://www.farmanager.com/
>
> That seems like a nice tool which I downloaded and tested only just moments
> ago, as I keep a "Run" icon on my taskbar and use it a hundred times a day.
>
> An item I _loved_ about that app you mentioned above is their wonderful FAQ.
> <https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Run-Command&faq=4>
>
> There _is_ a rudimentary run history which you can enable in the Windows
> registry, which keeps the last few run commands for re-use if you need that.
> [HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
> [Start_TrackDocs=1(hex) ===> Run history is turned on]
> [Start_TrackDocs=0(hex) ===> Run history is turned off]
>
> Here is a screenshot I just made to help others turn run history on or off:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/d3dtt8hS/runhistory01.jpg> Run history on or off
>
> The problem that I have is the exact _opposite_ of that of the op which is
> to _close_ the command window that was opened in a specific folder.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
>
> I shouldn't hijack this so should probably just open a separate thread where
> for years I've been running commands from a shortcut target such as this
> target below which end up leaving an open command window in the taskbar.
> %comspec% /k cd /d "c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy" && adb connect
> 192.168.0.2:5555 && scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555
>
> That reliably pops up the Android screen on Windows over Wi-Fi but then I
> have absolutely no need for the command window to remain as clutter.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of the command Window and not kill the process?
> In UNIX, I used to use the ampersand (&).
>
> Does Windows have that concept of putting the command in the background so
> that the window that called it can be closed?
>
> I have the same issue with openvpn windows where I don't need the extraneous
> running open command window cluttering up what otherwise should be a clean
> Windows user experience. I never enter another command in those windows.
>
> And yet, I can accidentally interfere with the open window because it's
> there and you can't get rid of it (other than to iconify it with the (-),
> but it's still there on the otherwise clean taskbar, just waiting to be
> opened by accident (and the icon looks like all other cmd window icons).
>
> For those reasons...
>
> Is there a way to background a Windows command (e.g., "&") and then we can
> safely _close_ that extraneous running command window to reduce clutter?

Use Schtasks and select "hide" then run from shortcut

--
Zaidy036

Re: Open a command windows in a specific folder

<t40u7d$171c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61884&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61884

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:16:44 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:16 UTC

Zaidy036 wrote:

>> Is there a way to background a Windows command (e.g., "&") and then we can
>> safely _close_ that extraneous running command window to reduce clutter?
>
> Use Schtasks and select "hide" then run from shortcut

This works to bring up the Android GUI using the Task Scheduler.
But it still creates two windows (scrcpy console and Android GUI).

Create shortcut:
TARGET=C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "task scrcpy_1"
Name=task scrcpy

Doubleclick on that shortcut "task scrcpy.lnk" to execute it.

Run > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library > RMB Create Task >
General:
Name = task scrcpy
[x]Hidden
Actions > New
Action = Start a program
Program/script = %comspec%
Add arguments = /c start "" adb connect 192.168.0.2:5555 && scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555
Start in = c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy

Note that whether or not the [x]Hidden" box was checked,
the result was the same two windows.
a. The scrcpy console window
b. The Android GUI window

This didn't work because it killed all the windows.
Add arguments = /c start "" adb connect 192.168.0.2:5555 && scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555 &cls&exit