From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 09:53:16 +0300
 by: micky - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 06:53 UTC

Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup

While afaict every other hit searching for the subject line talked about
bad memory**, this one gave two choices.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/three-consecutive-beeps-mean-computer-79697.html
"Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your
computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that
play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the
BIOS was restored. "

And I guess there is something wrong with the beeper in my laptop
because all it does is a quiet buzz. That's good to know if someday it
has worse things to say than 3 buzzes.

**Of course that's partly because most people with questions have
computers that don't work right.

Re: Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup

<MPG.3ccb49b1fa7d7b19899e1@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61821&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61821

From: PhillipH...@SlashDevNull.invalid (Philip Herlihy)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:00:34 +0100
 by: Philip Herlihy - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:00 UTC

In article <gdv16h5o7n8u3tv2cvatromfsq6lcjukoj@4ax.com>, micky wrote...

> Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup
>
> While afaict every other hit searching for the subject line talked about
> bad memory**, this one gave two choices.
>
> https://smallbusiness.chron.com/three-consecutive-beeps-mean-computer-79697.html
> "Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your
> computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that
> play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the
> BIOS was restored. "
>
> And I guess there is something wrong with the beeper in my laptop
> because all it does is a quiet buzz. That's good to know if someday it
> has worse things to say than 3 buzzes.
>
> **Of course that's partly because most people with questions have
> computers that don't work right.

The button-cell battery on your motherboard likely needs replacing. Sometimes
easy, sometimes not! Find the relevant manual for your device.

--

Phil, London

Re: Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup

<uhl36hdg3erp3n9tvmf2m1d3p5m9ubmlc4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61839&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61839

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 01:12:14 +0300
 by: micky - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:12 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:00:34 +0100, Philip
Herlihy <PhillipHerlihy@SlashDevNull.invalid> wrote:

>In article <gdv16h5o7n8u3tv2cvatromfsq6lcjukoj@4ax.com>, micky wrote...
>>
>> Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup
>>
>> While afaict every other hit searching for the subject line talked about
>> bad memory**, this one gave two choices.
>>
>> https://smallbusiness.chron.com/three-consecutive-beeps-mean-computer-79697.html
>> "Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your
>> computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that
>> play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the
>> BIOS was restored. "
>>
>> And I guess there is something wrong with the beeper in my laptop
>> because all it does is a quiet buzz. That's good to know if someday it
>> has worse things to say than 3 buzzes.
>>
>> **Of course that's partly because most people with questions have
>> computers that don't work right.
>
>The button-cell battery on your motherboard likely needs replacing. Sometimes
>easy, sometimes not! Find the relevant manual for your device.

That makes sense. I had the bottom off to add memory and something
else I can't remember. On some laptop I was going to replace the
button-cell, but I can't remember if it was this one, or if I did it.
Darn. I guess I didn't do it to this one.

Re: Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup

<t3vbtc$vmi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61868&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61868

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:57:47 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:57 UTC

On 4/21/2022 6:12 PM, micky wrote:
> In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:00:34 +0100, Philip
> Herlihy <PhillipHerlihy@SlashDevNull.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <gdv16h5o7n8u3tv2cvatromfsq6lcjukoj@4ax.com>, micky wrote...
>>>
>>> Follo-up on buzzing 3 times on startup
>>>
>>> While afaict every other hit searching for the subject line talked about
>>> bad memory**, this one gave two choices.
>>>
>>> https://smallbusiness.chron.com/three-consecutive-beeps-mean-computer-79697.html
>>> "Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your
>>> computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that
>>> play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the
>>> BIOS was restored. "
>>>
>>> And I guess there is something wrong with the beeper in my laptop
>>> because all it does is a quiet buzz. That's good to know if someday it
>>> has worse things to say than 3 buzzes.
>>>
>>> **Of course that's partly because most people with questions have
>>> computers that don't work right.
>>
>> The button-cell battery on your motherboard likely needs replacing. Sometimes
>> easy, sometimes not! Find the relevant manual for your device.
>
> That makes sense. I had the bottom off to add memory and something
> else I can't remember. On some laptop I was going to replace the
> button-cell, but I can't remember if it was this one, or if I did it.
> Darn. I guess I didn't do it to this one.

Those are not always easy to do.

There are webpages for some, where you have to take the laptop all apart.

Paul