"One day I woke up and discovered that I was in love with tripe." -- Tom Anderson

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the keyboard & mouse?

SubjectAuthor
* What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the keybAndy Burnelli
+* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Joel
|`* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
| `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Joel
|  `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Peter Johnson
|   +* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|   |`* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Peter Johnson
|   | `- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|   `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|    `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|     +* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|     |`- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|     `- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
+* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the John Doe
|`* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
| `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the YK
|  `* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the wasbit
|   `- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
+* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on WindowsBig Al
|`* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
| `- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
+* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|`- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
+* Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
|`- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli
`- Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the Andy Burnelli

Pages:12
Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the keyboard & mouse?

<t4banp$1jc5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=61927&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#61927

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Subject: Re: What do you use to mirror & control your Android phone on Windows using the keyboard & mouse?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:51:38 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:51 UTC

Whenever I find a solution, I look for _more_ solutions, so that I can learn
which is better, and so that I can help others learn, and so that I can
learn from others.

In doing that Covey "sharpening the saw" inherent in all intelligent people,
I found another x-platform mirroring solution that nobody mentioned yet!
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki>

This is a "more consumer-friendly" implementation of screen mirroring,
which reputedly works for Android & iOS on all three common desktops.
<https://www.vysor.io/> "A window to your Phone"
"Vysor puts your iOS or Android on your desktop.
Use apps, play games, control your iOS or Android.
A desktop or web app, compatible with all operating systems.
Use your Keyboard. Point, click, scroll. Your mouse works too.
Share your device, across the office, or across the globe.
Screen and ADB access to remote devices. Simple as sending a link."

Vysor apparently works with all phones and all desktops:
<https://youtu.be/qAHTini67GA>
Name: Vysor-win-4.1.77.exe
Size: 115651304 bytes (110 MiB)
SHA256: 0984A30C0BC1A76376D675C92CEC47725E16A9A6A5816A39FB8C7124BCA50DC7

The nice thing about that is it adds free (beta) iOS mirroring to Windows,
although it requires typical Apple clusterfuckware like AppleMobileDevices.
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki/Vysor-for-iOS>

The free version can do these two things which we've been discussing:
a. Mirror and Control iOS/Android
b. Screenshots

Their payware version has more functionality (which we had in scrcpy):
<https://www.vysor.io/#pricing>
High Quality Mirroring
Fullscreen Mode
Go Wireless
Vysor Share
Drag and Drop Files

Here is a tutorial to get you set up faster:
*How to connect your Network Radio to PC/MAC with remote access*
<https://www.nr515.be/manuals/connecting-your-network-radio-to-your-pc-mac/>

That suggests these Universal Windows Drivers for Android Debug Bridge:
<https://adb.clockworkmod.com/>
Name: UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
Size: 17060864 bytes (16 MiB)
SHA256: 4E77E303BBA6CF84588BDB6DA91F7A875D406F7930CBE9F4D2AAE0B643C0C928
Or, if you're on a Mac:
<https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/>
<https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip>

Here are some screenshots in my tests, which aren't complete yet as I can't
for the life of me get the Apple clusterfuckware to install on my Win10 PC.
<https://i.postimg.cc/QNwjsCDM/vysor01.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS PC mirroring
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPYG3h/vysor02.jpg> Vysor console closes gracefully
<https://i.postimg.cc/v8gc5pHc/vysor03.jpg> Vysor remote sharing connection
<https://i.postimg.cc/XY3qSqKC/vysor04.jpg> Vysor ADB USB setup switches