From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Changing font size in W/7
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:06:59 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 05:06 UTC

I am playing with "window color" in the personalization screen and I
have been able to add bigger font to a lot of things but, in spite of
setting every option on that screen to 12pt Arial black the stuff in
file explorer, the spell check in Agent and some other windows
generated text is still 8 pt. Is there another place to change fonts?
I really don't want to just make everything bigger and blow out the
screen on the resolution page.
I also have some strange things happening in applications when I start
screwing with colors. I am really trying to get away from the paper
white presentation that seemed to take over around the W3 days.

Re: Changing font size in W/7

<3lfxzp7z1g0g$.spe51vohxzp8$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6296&group=alt.windows7.general#6296

From: jj4pub...@outlook.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Changing font size in W/7
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 12:19:30 +0700
 by: JJ - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 05:19 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:06:59 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> I am playing with "window color" in the personalization screen and I
> have been able to add bigger font to a lot of things but, in spite of
> setting every option on that screen to 12pt Arial black the stuff in
> file explorer, the spell check in Agent and some other windows
> generated text is still 8 pt. Is there another place to change fonts?
> I really don't want to just make everything bigger and blow out the
> screen on the resolution page.
> I also have some strange things happening in applications when I start
> screwing with colors. I am really trying to get away from the paper
> white presentation that seemed to take over around the W3 days.

The font size setting is just a setting for the default and suggested font
size. But all applications have rights to ignore that setting. And for those
which do ignore it, it will depend on the applications themshelves whether
they provide their own font size setting or not.

Re: Changing font size in W/7

<JV20NnNbOqikFwb+@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6297&group=alt.windows7.general#6297

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 06:37:31 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 05:37 UTC

In message <pg6l8i9h5bqe5n1afoi8ktvsjsjqh65d68@4ax.com> at Thu, 15 Jun
2023 01:06:59, gfretwell@aol.com writes
>I am playing with "window color" in the personalization screen and I
>have been able to add bigger font to a lot of things but, in spite of
>setting every option on that screen to 12pt Arial black the stuff in
>file explorer, the spell check in Agent and some other windows
>generated text is still 8 pt. Is there another place to change fonts?
>I really don't want to just make everything bigger and blow out the
>screen on the resolution page.
>I also have some strange things happening in applications when I start
>screwing with colors. I am really trying to get away from the paper
>white presentation that seemed to take over around the W3 days.

I don't know if either of these are relevant to your problems, but when
I started to play with such settings in 7 I discovered that:

1. Some things - especially more venerable like Agent (but IIRR even a
few parts of Windows) - have their own settings, some of which may even
not be changeable. (I think that applied in XP too.)

2. Some colour settings Just Would Not Work if you used an "Aero" theme:
the one I remember specifically was tooltips (which I found also
affected the clock if you used TClockEx): I had yellow text on dark
brown for those. (Note: some software that picks up those choices for
its own purposes only picks up one of them, so I had one that picked up
the brown, but not the yellow, so gave me black text on dark brown - not
easy to read!) Unlike most people, I rather liked the Aero themes, but
eventually gave in and turned them off for this reason.

(On this machine, I have left the Aero on - but would like to turn off
the feature that pops up mini-outlines if the cursor strays into the
bars in the taskbar area, as those prevent things until you move the
cursor outside those mini-outlines. Anyone know if it can be, and if so
where?)

_____
___ |[]|_n_n_I_c
|___||__|###|____)
O-O--O-O+++--O-O

Re: Changing font size in W/7

<sfun8ihmdj4e3h6fmp5mj6lac7ff6kju0b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6306&group=alt.windows7.general#6306

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 02:04:26 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 06:04 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 06:37:31 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver"
<G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>In message <pg6l8i9h5bqe5n1afoi8ktvsjsjqh65d68@4ax.com> at Thu, 15 Jun
>2023 01:06:59, gfretwell@aol.com writes
>>I am playing with "window color" in the personalization screen and I
>>have been able to add bigger font to a lot of things but, in spite of
>>setting every option on that screen to 12pt Arial black the stuff in
>>file explorer, the spell check in Agent and some other windows
>>generated text is still 8 pt. Is there another place to change fonts?
>>I really don't want to just make everything bigger and blow out the
>>screen on the resolution page.
>>I also have some strange things happening in applications when I start
>>screwing with colors. I am really trying to get away from the paper
>>white presentation that seemed to take over around the W3 days.
>
>I don't know if either of these are relevant to your problems, but when
>I started to play with such settings in 7 I discovered that:
>
>1. Some things - especially more venerable like Agent (but IIRR even a
>few parts of Windows) - have their own settings, some of which may even
>not be changeable. (I think that applied in XP too.)
>
>2. Some colour settings Just Would Not Work if you used an "Aero" theme:
>the one I remember specifically was tooltips (which I found also
>affected the clock if you used TClockEx): I had yellow text on dark
>brown for those. (Note: some software that picks up those choices for
>its own purposes only picks up one of them, so I had one that picked up
>the brown, but not the yellow, so gave me black text on dark brown - not
>easy to read!) Unlike most people, I rather liked the Aero themes, but
>eventually gave in and turned them off for this reason.
>
>(On this machine, I have left the Aero on - but would like to turn off
>the feature that pops up mini-outlines if the cursor strays into the
>bars in the taskbar area, as those prevent things until you move the
>cursor outside those mini-outlines. Anyone know if it can be, and if so
>where?)

For tight now I would just like to make the font in file explorer
bigger.It is amazing you can change the font on everything else.
Sometime go look at Personalize>Windows color and open that "item"
pulldown. (says desktop as the default and you can't do anything
there).
There is all sorts of other stuff you can change font and color on.