From: rstowle...@x-nospam-x.com (Rin Stowleigh)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Vampire Survivors
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 18:50:35 -0500
 by: Rin Stowleigh - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:50 UTC

This is one of the best casual games I've come across in a while. It
has kind of a Robotron vibe, but its not a brutal quarter-muncher like
the arcade game. You very quickly develop simple tactics which keep
you alive and away from the stigma of "rogue lite".

One of the things I always liked about the better old school computer
& arcade games is that the technological limitations caused the
developer to really focus on gameplay... instead of trying to create
an open world so vast nobody will ever have time to finish half the
game, they were left with replaying their own vision of simple game
mechanics, focusing on what made it fun, until they achieved optimal.

I see that in droves in this title.... I think the simplistic nature
allowed the author the time to refine and tweak it into an addictive
little gem of a masterpiece.

Oh and it's like three fucking dollars.. :)

Re: Vampire Survivors

<slrnt0n5e2.oe.usenet@raspberrypi.geeknix.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6286&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6286

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
From: use...@apple.geeknix135.net (Geeknix)
Subject: Re: Vampire Survivors
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:00:02 GMT
 by: Geeknix - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:00 UTC

On 2022-02-14, Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@x-nospam-x.com> wrote:

> This is one of the best casual games I've come across in a while. It
> has kind of a Robotron vibe, but its not a brutal quarter-muncher like
> the arcade game. You very quickly develop simple tactics which keep
> you alive and away from the stigma of "rogue lite".
>
> One of the things I always liked about the better old school computer
> & arcade games is that the technological limitations caused the
> developer to really focus on gameplay... instead of trying to create
> an open world so vast nobody will ever have time to finish half the
> game, they were left with replaying their own vision of simple game
> mechanics, focusing on what made it fun, until they achieved optimal.
>
> I see that in droves in this title.... I think the simplistic nature
> allowed the author the time to refine and tweak it into an addictive
> little gem of a masterpiece.
>
> Oh and it's like three fucking dollars.. :)

Sounds interesting. I think it is this one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1794680/Vampire_Survivors/

?

--
Don't be afraid of the deep...
--[ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net | https | telnet=2023 ]--

Re: Vampire Survivors

<vr9n0hhkrirvn6jp0bh3c472t173apf4tu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6287&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6287

From: rstowle...@x-nospam-x.com (Rin Stowleigh)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:15:58 -0500
 by: Rin Stowleigh - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:15 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:00:02 GMT, Geeknix
<usenet@apple.geeknix135.net> wrote:

>On 2022-02-14, Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@x-nospam-x.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is one of the best casual games I've come across in a while. It
>> has kind of a Robotron vibe, but its not a brutal quarter-muncher like
>> the arcade game. You very quickly develop simple tactics which keep
>> you alive and away from the stigma of "rogue lite".
>>
>> One of the things I always liked about the better old school computer
>> & arcade games is that the technological limitations caused the
>> developer to really focus on gameplay... instead of trying to create
>> an open world so vast nobody will ever have time to finish half the
>> game, they were left with replaying their own vision of simple game
>> mechanics, focusing on what made it fun, until they achieved optimal.
>>
>> I see that in droves in this title.... I think the simplistic nature
>> allowed the author the time to refine and tweak it into an addictive
>> little gem of a masterpiece.
>>
>> Oh and it's like three fucking dollars.. :)
>
>Sounds interesting. I think it is this one:
>
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/1794680/Vampire_Survivors/
>
>?

Thats it

Re: Vampire Survivors

<96e10fd4-3429-4099-b064-d1a11041ff5an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6289&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6289

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:06:34 -0800 (PST)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:06 UTC

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 5:18:06 AM UTC-8, Rin Stowleigh wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:00:02 GMT, Geeknix
> <use...@apple.geeknix135.net> wrote:
>
> >On 2022-02-14, Rin Stowleigh <rstow...@x-nospam-x.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> This is one of the best casual games I've come across in a while. It
> >> has kind of a Robotron vibe, but its not a brutal quarter-muncher like
> >> the arcade game. You very quickly develop simple tactics which keep
> >> you alive and away from the stigma of "rogue lite".
> >>
> >> One of the things I always liked about the better old school computer
> >> & arcade games is that the technological limitations caused the
> >> developer to really focus on gameplay... instead of trying to create
> >> an open world so vast nobody will ever have time to finish half the
> >> game, they were left with replaying their own vision of simple game
> >> mechanics, focusing on what made it fun, until they achieved optimal.
> >>
> >> I see that in droves in this title.... I think the simplistic nature
> >> allowed the author the time to refine and tweak it into an addictive
> >> little gem of a masterpiece.
> >>
> >> Oh and it's like three fucking dollars.. :)
> >
> >Sounds interesting. I think it is this one:
> >
> >https://store.steampowered.com/app/1794680/Vampire_Survivors/

Looks like something I *might* like. Early Access. I'll pop it on my
wishlist.

- Justisaur

Re: Vampire Survivors

<XnsAE3FA79DF4285mpndisorg@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6294&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6294

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:28:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:28 UTC

Damn you, Rin Stowleigh! ;-)

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: Vampire Survivors

<8pmo0h5a1mnkspi5spmn8tmp6pvp4r3v9u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6297&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6297

From: rstowle...@x-nospam-x.com (Rin Stowleigh)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:02:58 -0500
 by: Rin Stowleigh - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 02:02 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:28:38 -0000 (UTC), "Mark P. Nelson"
<markpnelson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Damn you, Rin Stowleigh! ;-)

I forgot to post my disclaimer that I'm not responsible for loss of
income or diminished personal relations that may result from that
addictive "one more round" effect :)