Due to lack of disk space, this fortune database has been discontinued.

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?

SubjectAuthor
* organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
+* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Big Al
|`* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
| +* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Nic
| |+- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
| |`* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Paul
| | `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
| |  +- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Paul
| |  `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Nic
| |   `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
| |    +* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Nic
| |    |`- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
| |    `- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?dillinger
| `- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Paul
+* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Monsieur
|`- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
+- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Nic
`* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?pinnerite
 `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
  `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Big Al
   `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
    `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?pinnerite
     +- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Paul
     `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
      `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Big Al
       `* Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Edmund
        +- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?pinnerite
        `- Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?Big Al

Pages:12
Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?

<u6jpvb$162js$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6300&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6300

From: nom...@hotmail.com (Edmund)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:13:31 +0200
 by: Edmund - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:13 UTC

On 6/17/23 00:41, Big Al wrote:
> On 6/16/23 18:20, this is what Edmund wrote:
>> On 6/16/23 20:51, pinnerite wrote:

>>> Talking of ridiculous, here is is a tiny script that I wrote so that
>>> my wife could watch our pictures, year by year.
>>>
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> #
>>> # Scan picture directories and display jpgs
>>> #
>>> # year=""
>>>
>>> echo "Enter the year whose pictures you want to watch i.e. 1976: "
>>>
>>> read -n4 year
>>>
>>> feh --recursive --auto-zoom --geometry 1600x1000
>>> /home/alan/Pictures/Chronological/"$year"
>>>
>>> No warranty. Haven't tried it for at least two years.
>>>
>>> Regards,  Alan
>>>

>> Thanks but its not what I am looking for, I know I can 'make my own"
>> bundle of scripts to help me out.
>> I think there is a program somewhere that already have all those things
>> build in.
>> Or I must be the first in the world who made a mess of his picture
>> collection....
>>

> Are you banking on good exif data in all you images?
> Mine are horrible, first most of them are scanned from slides.  Anything
> from 1959 to 2001 when I bought my first digital SLR.

I guess most but not all of my collection have exif data.
BTW what scanner did you use for the slides?

--
-------------

The moment any organization established from pure noble intentions get
some influence, it will be corrupted from both inside and outside.
Then we have organizations established from pure evil.

Edmund

Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?

<20230617110745.fb03a70a2eea03cffde84bec@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6301&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6301

From: pinner...@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 11:07:45 +0100
 by: pinnerite - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:07 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:13:31 +0200
Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/23 00:41, Big Al wrote:

> >> Thanks but its not what I am looking for, I know I can 'make my own"
> >> bundle of scripts to help me out.
> >> I think there is a program somewhere that already have all those things
> >> build in.
> >> Or I must be the first in the world who made a mess of his picture
> >> collection....
> >>

> > Are you banking on good exif data in all you images?
> > Mine are horrible, first most of them are scanned from slides.  Anything
> > from 1959 to 2001 when I bought my first digital SLR.
>
> I guess most but not all of my collection have exif data.
> BTW what scanner did you use for the slides?

It was a Plustek but I cannot remember the model number.
The quality was excellent.
I hand corrected the dodgy ones using gimp.
Very cathartic.
There was one of my uncle, in uniform from 1941 holding a baby .. me!
I couldn't get his regimental details sadly.

--
Linux Mint 21.1 kernel version 5.15.0-75-generic Cinnamon 5.6.8

Re: organizing huge picture folder, what is best?

<u6k9dn$181t5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6303&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6303

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:37:11 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:37 UTC

On 6/17/23 04:13, this is what Edmund wrote:
> On 6/17/23 00:41, Big Al wrote:

>>> Thanks but its not what I am looking for, I know I can 'make my own" bundle of scripts to help me out.
>>> I think there is a program somewhere that already have all those things
>>> build in.
>>> Or I must be the first in the world who made a mess of his picture collection....
>>>

>> Are you banking on good exif data in all you images?
>> Mine are horrible, first most of them are scanned from slides.  Anything from 1959 to 2001 when I bought my first
>> digital SLR.
>
> I guess most but not all of my collection have exif data.
> BTW what scanner did you use for the slides?

A Minolta scanner. Shoe box size. Would take 4 slides at a time in a holder.
Can't get drivers past win 7 so I finished before going to win 8.
--
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 5.6.8
Al