From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Cyberpunk $30 now. Should I wait until it drops to $20?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:20:06 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:20 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:18:46 -0700, PW
<iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote:

>Will it keep droping?

>Not sure I care that much about it. I did buy CloudPunk yesterday for
>cheap. Looks similar but old. Haven't tried it yet.

CDProjectRED tends to drop the prices of their game dramatically after
a few years. Indeed, "Cyberpunk 2020" is only just over a year old and
it's already half-off.*

Whether it's worth the $30 price is something only you can decide. You
don't seem to be thrilled with the cyberpunk genre, though, and have
already waited a year to get it... so maybe it's not something you
want to spend that much on?

"Cyberpunk 2020" is, reputedly, a good game but not one without flaws.
Reviews indicate it has impressive visuals and excellent
world-building, but its gameplay varies from 'competent' to
'acceptable'; few consider it 'excellent.' Do you want to spend $30 on
a pretty game with average gameplay? Does its action/RPG gameplay even
appeal to you?

Myself, I'm still waiting on this game. I think I'd largely enjoy the
experience, but I'm rather cool to the cyberpunk genre. Being spoiled
by so many free games doesn't push me towards buying it anytime soon
either. There's just so many other options to occupy my time (and
waste my money on) that, even at half-off, "Cyberpunk" doesn't seem a
tremendous deal.

But you may be different. If you love the Cyberpunk genre, or if you
want a visually stunning game (and have the hardware to support it),
or if you're jonesing for an action/RPG game, or heck, even if you
just adore Keanu Reeves, then $30 might be a great investment. But
otherwise, why not wait? There are so many other games available and
the odds are high that - in a year or three - "Cyberpunk 2020" will be
down to $5 or $15 anyway.

* okay, technically it's only half-off on when it's on sale... but
it's on sale pretty much all the time. I think I can count the number
of weeks it was being sold for full price over the last six months on
one hand.