From: larsande...@glocalnet.se (Lars Anders)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: A dozen URLs
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 06:07:26 +0200
 by: Lars Anders - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 04:07 UTC

Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it will
open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?

Re: A dozen URLs

<t79pvb$tcb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63306&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63306

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: A dozen URLs
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 03:47:54 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:47 UTC

On 6/2/2022 12:07 AM, Lars Anders wrote:
> Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it will
> open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?

This sounds like a batch script.

The command lines aren't always user-centric. They can be program-centric,
like concentrating on the Profile Manager for example. Still, they take
some number of arguments. I'm abusing private-window here, in the hope
that each invocation causes a separate decorated window to appear.

firefox -private-window 1.htm
firefox -private-window 2.htm

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/CommandLineOptions

I only gave those terse examples, to keep the command short.

In a batch script, a command can choose to block if it wants.
There may be additional squiggles to put in the script to make
it work.

firefox -private-window https://www.microsoft.com &

A proper batch script, would loop over the lines of text in
your input.txt file and launch each line separately. Making the
script relatively short, but requiring some amount of error checking
to be added.

I could write this in Gawk, as it can call system() to launch
Firefox, but I don't think anyone would really care if I did that :-)

Carry on.

Note that some desktop publishing tools, recognize the format
of a URL, and clicking on the URL may open the default browser
to handle it. So you could try bringing the text file of URLs
into a DTP tool.

Paul

Re: A dozen URLs

<t7a4h5$uej$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63308&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63308

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 06:48:07 -0400
 by: knuttle - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 10:48 UTC

On 6/2/2022 12:07 AM, Lars Anders wrote:
> Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it will
> open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?
While I have not opened dozens for URL's, I routinely open 4 to 7 using
this procedure.

In Firefox, I put all of the URL'S I use frequently into a folder in the
Bookmarks folder. To open those URL's into different tabs, I right
click on the folder and click "Open All Bookmarks" There is an
alternate method which I use, and that is click mouse scroll wheel, and
it also opens all of the URL's in the folder

If I open those URL's every day, I put them on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
I have multiple folders with different categories of URL's

Re: A dozen URLs

<t7a5tn$aba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63309&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63309

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:11:51 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:11 UTC

On 6/2/22 00:07, this is what Lars Anders wrote:
> Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it will
> open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?
I like the suggestion to just put them all in a bookmark folder in FF, then right click and 'open all in tabs'.
However, I do the following command for my morning web pages:
firefox https://page1.html https://page2.html https://page3.html ......
It opens them all in tabs.

Not sure how you got the text file generated, but instead of one per line if it were strung out on one line it would be
simple to just add firefox (or what ever browser) at the beginning and change it to a batch .bat file.

Whatever browser you use you have to full path name it for any command line work since it's not in your PATH.

Al.

Re: A dozen URLs

<XnsAEAA95C1BE18Dammammatatiscalineti@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63312&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63312

From: ammamm...@tiscalinet.it (Ammammata)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 12:43:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ammammata - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 12:43 UTC

Il giorno Thu 02 Jun 2022 06:07:26a, *Lars Anders* ha inviato su
alt.comp.os.windows-10 il messaggio news:t79d14$10gr$1@gioia.aioe.org.
Vediamo cosa ha scritto:

> Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it
> will open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?

quite: with firefox, if you save all the links (as bookmarks) into a
folder, you can then right click on it and select "Open all bookmarks"

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Re: A dozen URLs

<aioj9hpbhrkliis0vadobj2pqkjnuua230@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63357&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63357

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 13:29:37 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 10:29 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 2 Jun 2022 06:48:07 -0400, knuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 6/2/2022 12:07 AM, Lars Anders wrote:
>> Is there a program you can gives a text file with a dozen urls and it will
>> open them each of them in a dozen browser tabs?
>While I have not opened dozens for URL's, I routinely open 4 to 7 using
>this procedure.
>
>In Firefox, I put all of the URL'S I use frequently into a folder in the
> Bookmarks folder. To open those URL's into different tabs, I right
>click on the folder and click "Open All Bookmarks" There is an
>alternate method which I use, and that is click mouse scroll wheel, and
>it also opens all of the URL's in the folder
>
>If I open those URL's every day, I put them on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
>I have multiple folders with different categories of URL's

I didn't think of this (above), but since you remind me, I think you can
also make your Firefox homepage more than one page. it can open all
those tabs when it starts. Not sure if that would help the OP.