From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: I've created a Stallmanesque web page fetcher.
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:13:18 +0100
logging-data="325318"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org";
posting-account="w/4CleFT0XZ6XfSuRJzIySLIA6ECskkHxKUAYDZM66M";
 by: D - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:13 UTC

Hello alpiners,

Since I enjoy my email client way too much, I've created a Stallmanesque
web page fetcher.

It works like this:

1. I have a script that converts rss-feeds (for instance bbc.co.uk) into
emails and sends an email containing the days rss-feeds to me.

2. I can then read the overview which contains a description of the
article along with a link to BBC:s web page.

3. Now here's the thing... if I do not want to interrupt my nice email
flow by following the link in firefox, I can just press the +-key in
alpine, and my other script will fetch the article from the web site,
clean the html, and send me the text only version.

Yes, some people call me mad, but in case there are more mad people out
there who would like to give it a spin, just let me know and I'll send you
a copy. ;)

Best regards,
Daniel

P.S. I am not a programmer by any means, so in case your sensitive to
programming aesthetics, these two files will probably give you a headache.