computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
`* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
 `* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
  `* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
   `* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    +- Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    +- Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    +* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    |`* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    | +- Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?Edward Hernandez
    | `* Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe
    |  `- Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?Edward Hernandez
    `- Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?John Doe

1
OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t6mmeo$u2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63059&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63059

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 01:51:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Thu, 26 May 2022 01:51 UTC

Seems you can post original anything you want, however long you want, but
replies to posts are extremely limited, SOMEHOW.

Check out this!

Maybe it's another mirage (apparently not this time), but... I just copied
and pasted someone else's relatively long reply to a comment (to the same
original post).

> I suggest instead of "continue" the word should be "increase". It is
> time to grind up the Russian military. Up until about now, from a
> machiavellian point of view, it made sense to allow Russia to fool
> themselves into thinking they can win. Getting them to commit more
> troops to the effort meant that they would be weakened even more
> internationally as those troops and equipment are destroyed. Now that
> part has done its work. Now is the time to ensure they gain nothing
> from the effort and can't withdraw the equipment in good order. It is a
> cold hearted view to be sure but on the international stage sometimes
> that is just the way you need to think.

I just posted the same to another thread without being shadow banned! Copy
and paste, so it's not to do with manually entered characters. It's not to
do with Google employee privileges.

What is special about that post? The double spacing? No all caps words, but
I've tried that plenty of times. The use of quotation marks? Cannot be
proper spelling, because I never make spelling mistakes (speech
recognition).

Maybe it's the phrase "Now is the time". I like that phrase... What other
crazy thing could it be? If it is a phrase, how to figure out what phrase it
is?

Politics? Can they figure out that with an algorithm? It's done too quickly
and wouldn't be feasible via human censors.

Seems some of my posts can be repeated and they always get through (without
being shadow banned). Don't see anything special about them though.

What is their algorithm...

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t6tidd$4ka$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63184&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63184

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 16:25:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sat, 28 May 2022 16:25 UTC

Weee! You can copy and paste any reply you see, doesn't matter how long,
it will not be shadow banned. That nukes conspiracy theories and a few
other theories. So then you just have to figure out what the difference is
between what posts and what doesn't post (not shadow banned). It's not
just about patently offensive words. Might be partly phrase based.

Their algorithm is pretty good, at least good at disguising its details.
But considering the fact I can post official stuff published by Supreme
Court judges, that gets blocked, it's not functionally there.

--

I wrote:

> Seems you can post original anything you want, however long you want,
> but replies to posts are extremely limited, SOMEHOW.
>
> Check out this!
>
> Maybe it's another mirage (apparently not this time), but... I just
> copied and pasted someone else's relatively long reply to a comment (to
> the same original post).
>
>> I suggest instead of "continue" the word should be "increase". It is
>> time to grind up the Russian military. Up until about now, from a
>> machiavellian point of view, it made sense to allow Russia to fool
>> themselves into thinking they can win. Getting them to commit more
>> troops to the effort meant that they would be weakened even more
>> internationally as those troops and equipment are destroyed. Now that
>> part has done its work. Now is the time to ensure they gain nothing
>> from the effort and can't withdraw the equipment in good order. It is
>> a cold hearted view to be sure but on the international stage sometimes
>> that is just the way you need to think.
>
> I just posted the same to another thread without being shadow banned!
> Copy and paste, so it's not to do with manually entered characters. It's
> not to do with Google employee privileges.
>
> What is special about that post? The double spacing? No all caps words,
> but I've tried that plenty of times. The use of quotation marks? Cannot
> be proper spelling, because I never make spelling mistakes (speech
> recognition).
>
> Maybe it's the phrase "Now is the time". I like that phrase... What
> other crazy thing could it be? If it is a phrase, how to figure out what
> phrase it is?
>
> Politics? Can they figure out that with an algorithm? It's done too
> quickly and wouldn't be feasible via human censors.
>
> Seems some of my posts can be repeated and they always get through
> (without being shadow banned). Don't see anything special about them
> though.
>
> What is their algorithm...

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t6trg1$eva$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63199&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63199

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 19:00:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sat, 28 May 2022 19:00 UTC

Putin will mount him on a wall. fails
Putin will kiss him on a wall. fails
She will mount him on a wall. fails
Putin will mount him on a table. fails
Putin will mount olive on a wall. succeeds

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t71c4v$44t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63218&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63218

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 03:02:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Mon, 30 May 2022 03:02 UTC

There are *stars* around words of interest

We are more lax in terms of gun laws, we *actually* have sensible gun laws
that would be "restrictive" by American standards. Castigate him. Succeeds

Removing the word "actually" fails.

We are more lax in terms of gun laws, we *irrationally* have sensible gun
laws that would be "restrictive" by American standards. Castigate him.
Succeeds

Artificial Insanity...

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t73g58$sus$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63263&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63263

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 22:23:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Mon, 30 May 2022 22:23 UTC

"Russia controlled Ukraine" fails
"Russia owned Ukraine" succeeds
"controlled Ukraine" succeeds
"owned Ukraine" fails

@#$!

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t7g84u$763$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63433&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63433

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 18:26:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 18:26 UTC

But it's fun when a reply author insults you left and right, and you can see
its post has been shadow banned (maybe without it knowing). No need to waste
time replying.

I wrote:

> "Russia controlled Ukraine" fails
> "Russia owned Ukraine" succeeds
> "controlled Ukraine" succeeds
> "owned Ukraine" fails
>
> @#$!

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t7r0cc$vtc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63578&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63578

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 20:21:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 20:21 UTC

"Its media is 100% state-controlled." Fails
"No free press allowed there, either." Succeeds

Lots of guessing.
Whether it's intentional or not, certainly they know it cuts down on the
number of replies. Maybe their algorithm is trying to reduce spam, too. Or
maybe it's crap.

> "Russia controlled Ukraine" fails
> "Russia owned Ukraine" succeeds
> "controlled Ukraine" succeeds
> "owned Ukraine" fails
>
> @#$!

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t85674$vma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63625&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63625

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 17:02:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 17:02 UTC

This, copied and pasted from the United States Supreme Court, FAILS!!!

The five Justices who compose today�s majority are entirely comfortable
concluding that every State violated the Constitution for all of the 135
years between the Fourteenth Amendment�s ratification and Massachusetts�
permitting of same-sex marriages in 2003. They have discovered in the
Fourteenth Amendment a �fundamental right� overlooked by every person alive
at the time of ratification, and almost everyone else in the time since.
They see what lesser legal minds�minds like Thomas Cooley, John Marshall
Harlan, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Learned Hand, Louis Brandeis, William
Howard Taft, Benjamin Cardozo, Hugo Black, Felix Frankfurter, Robert
Jackson, and Henry Friendly�could not. They are certain that the People
ratified the Fourteenth Amendment to bestow on them the power to remove
questions from the democratic process when that is called for by their
�reasoned judgment.� These Justices know that limiting marriage to one man
and one woman is contrary to reason; they know that an institution as old as
government itself, and accepted by every nation in history until 15 years
ago, cannot possibly be supported by anything other than ignorance or
bigotry. And they are willing to say that any citizen who does not agree
with that, who adheres to what was, until 15 years ago, the unanimous
judgment of all generations and all societies, stands against the
Constitution.

The censorship is not politically motivated against Antonin Scalia's
opinion. What he says is in jest, the wording supports the other side.

So what is the problem!

John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

> "Russia controlled Ukraine" fails
> "Russia owned Ukraine" succeeds
> "controlled Ukraine" succeeds
> "owned Ukraine" fails
>
> @#$!

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<tZwpK.177099$heq1.130137@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63635&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63635

Followup: alt.test.group
From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,free.spam
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:07:21 GMT
 by: John Doe - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:07 UTC

Off topic troll...

--
John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

> From: John Doe <always.look@message.header>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
> Subject: Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 17:02:29 -0000 (UTC)
>
> This, copied and pasted from the United States Supreme Court, FAILS!!!
>
> The five Justices who compose today�s majority are entirely comfortable
> concluding that every State violated the Constitution for all of the 135
> years between the Fourteenth Amendment�s ratification and Massachusetts�
> permitting of same-sex marriages in 2003. They have discovered in the
> Fourteenth Amendment a �fundamental right� overlooked by every person alive
> at the time of ratification, and almost everyone else in the time since.
> They see what lesser legal minds�minds like Thomas Cooley, John Marshall
> Harlan, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Learned Hand, Louis Brandeis, William
> Howard Taft, Benjamin Cardozo, Hugo Black, Felix Frankfurter, Robert
> Jackson, and Henry Friendly�could not. They are certain that the People
> ratified the Fourteenth Amendment to bestow on them the power to remove
> questions from the democratic process when that is called for by their
> �reasoned judgment.� These Justices know that limiting marriage to one man
> and one woman is contrary to reason; they know that an institution as old as
> government itself, and accepted by every nation in history until 15 years
> ago, cannot possibly be supported by anything other than ignorance or
> bigotry. And they are willing to say that any citizen who does not agree
> with that, who adheres to what was, until 15 years ago, the unanimous
> judgment of all generations and all societies, stands against the
> Constitution.
>
> The censorship is not politically motivated against Antonin Scalia's
> opinion. What he says is in jest, the wording supports the other side.
>
> So what is the problem!
>

> John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:
>
> > "Russia controlled Ukraine" fails
> > "Russia owned Ukraine" succeeds
> > "controlled Ukraine" succeeds
> > "owned Ukraine" fails
> >
> > @#$!

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<C5xpK.39566$PM99.24413@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63636&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63636

From: dtgame...@gmail.com (Edward Hernandez)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,free.spam
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:16:02 GMT
 by: Edward Hernandez - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:16 UTC

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022
12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

> Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
> NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 58.5% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 1713 articles to USENET. Of which 173 have been pure insults and
829 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:07:21 GMT in message-id
<tZwpK.177099$heq1.130137@usenetxs.com>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

ks7otkw5gZZh

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t89jc9$tic$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63670&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63670

Followup: alt.test.group
From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,free.spam
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:11:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:11 UTC

Eddie, the Astraweb porn-sucking retarded forger is flagging every off-topic
post with its idiotic spam.

Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

See also...
John Doe <always.look_message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
Edward H. <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99_gmail.com>

Eddie is an example for all newbies. Don't get spanked!

Spanked Eddie...

--

<pjYpK.206583$heq1.110181@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63671&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63671

From: dtgame...@gmail.com (Edward Hernandez)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,free.spam
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:13:57 GMT
 by: Edward Hernandez - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:13 UTC

Further, John Doe stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 59.1% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 1745 articles to USENET. Of which 173 have been pure insults and
858 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:11:38 -0000 (UTC) in message-id
<t89jc9$tic$2@dont-email.me>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

qgXZspKtmmae

Re: OT: How is YouTube censoring video comment sections?

<t8b9a7$pkk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=63689&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#63689

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:32:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:32 UTC

"you are full of hot air and nothing else" fails

No surprise, but it was taken from a longer post that succeeds...

"Wow!!! Another deep thinking, scintillating, articulate post William -
I'm going to study your outlook on life and try to understand your thought
processes... that's it, done that and my conclusions are you are full of
hot air and nothing else!!!"

Seems their weird algorithm isn't only about words, it isn't even only
about phrases, it considers the total post.