From: Gon...@gonzo.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent,comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Text suddently moves tot he right margine, won't move back.
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 20:09:56 -0400
 by: Gon...@gonzo.com - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:09 UTC

Sometimes text moves to the right side of a field.

Running XP SP3, Eudora 7.1.0.9, and Agent 1.93.

I have Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian alphabets enabled, the first two you
know are written from right to left, but in an effort to stop this, I
removed key sequences that were usable to change to those alphabets. (So
now I don't know how to change to the right alphabet even when I want
to.) (In Text Services and Input Languages, which comes from Regional
and Language options, which comes from the Control Panel)

This occurs mostly or entirely in two programs, i) ForteAgent and only
in the composition window, at the top, in the Newsgroups field or the
Subject field. And ii) in Eudora, where all of the text in
the body will sometimes become right justified, line by line, that is,
not changing line breaks.

I must have touched certain keys but I can't find the keys to get the
text back to the left.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Or how I stop it from happening
and how I reverse it when it does happen?

(Please leave all 3 newsgroups so I don't have to read this thread in 3
places.)

(Other than this problem Agent is the most well-behaved program I have,
never really doing anything it wasnt' designed to do (with one small
exception) , and Eudora works very well too except for sometimes saying
Not Responding (or something similar) when I have too many tabs open in
Firefox.)

Re: Text suddently moves tot he right margine, won't move back.

<1g3khihtcte9f028bp1abg78kush6l6vg1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=641&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#641

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent,comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 13:54:52 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:54 UTC

On Sun, 01 Oct 2023 20:09:56 -0400, Gonzo@gonzo.com wrote:

> Sometimes text moves to the right side of a field.
>
> Running XP SP3, Eudora 7.1.0.9, and Agent 1.93.
>
> I have Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian alphabets enabled, the first two you
> know are written from right to left, but in an effort to stop this, I
> removed key sequences that were usable to change to those alphabets. (So
> now I don't know how to change to the right alphabet even when I want
> to.) (In Text Services and Input Languages, which comes from Regional
> and Language options, which comes from the Control Panel)

You need the little taskbar/tray icon which lets you change the
alphabet with the mouse, and which also shows you which alphabet
is active.

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/small/26/26_m97ota__1_language-bar-minimized-to-tray.png>

Here is how to get this:

1. When you are on the “Text Services and Input Languages” window,
click the button “Language Bar” and put a check-mark in the box
“Show the Language bar on the desktop.”

This will put a tiny window on the desktop.

2. You can minimize this window and it will minimize to between
the taskbar and the tray -- as shown in the screen-shot above.

> This occurs mostly or entirely in two programs, i) ForteAgent and only
> in the composition window, at the top, in the Newsgroups field or the
> Subject field. And ii) in Eudora, where all of the text in
> the body will sometimes become right justified, line by line, that is,
> not changing line breaks.
>
> I must have touched certain keys but I can't find the keys to get the
> text back to the left.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is? Or how I stop it from happening
> and how I reverse it when it does happen?

If text is appearing at the right side of a field, I would suspect
you have a right-to-left alphabet activated. The language bar icon
will let you see this and change it if needed.

Also check out whether the Language bar has any additional settings
for right-to-left alphabets which could affect this. I can’t advise
here -- I do have more than one alphabet but none are right-to-left.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox