From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: [LINK] Pseudo quantum computer - home built
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 23:28:10 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Mon, 31 May 2021 23:28 UTC

Pseudo quantum computer - home built
by geneticfractals / July 22, 2019
- https://geneticfractals.org/2019/07/22/pseudo-quantum-computer-home-built/

"If you know what a quantum computer is than the post title should
make you suspicious. Let me explain. The power of a quantum
computer comes from its ability to have its cubits in superposition
while it is "calculating" a solution. This means that the
cubits have all values at once, i.e. not just 1 or 0, but both.
This superposition happens in the quantum domain and one viewpoint
is to consider that each quantum state is in its own world and the
many worlds make up all the possible states. It's a neat
explanation since the superposition never collapses, we merely pick
the state that works best for us.

In my previous blog post, I explained that we can simulate cubits
that live in the quantum domain with random bits that exist in the
(familiar) time domain. If I pick a 1 or a 0 randomly, then within
a given period, either will appear. Or both, if you prefer. If you
combine a number of these random bits, which I have named
"arbits", then all possible configurations of these arbits will
appear in a certain time. For example, if I take a random 8-bit
number, i.e. between 0 and 255, then normally any value in that
range will appear at some point. But we don't know when. We could
pick the number 172 randomly with the first pick, or it could take
an infinite time. It might never come up, though this is unlikely.

In my previous post, I wrote a simulation program that calculated
square roots by selecting random answers and checking whether these
were correct until the right answer randomly appeared. Although
this may not appear to be efficient, this is not a given. It may
not be less efficient than a mathematical algorithm. What's
magical is that this little programme produces square roots without
knowing how to calculate them! It just knows how to verify that
they are correct." ...

--
__ __