From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 04:14:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 04:14 UTC

On 14 Jan 2022 18:42:51 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> it works if you append the 2fa code to the password.
>
> Yep, and this is the case with any older model Apple mobile device.

The only person who posted to this thread from the Apple quarter who wasn't
a heartlessly despicably liar is Chris, who is faithfully _trying_
desperately to load something (anything!) onto his older iPad, in order to
find something (anything!) to undo what Apple did to this older iPad.

So far, based on what I've seen anyway, Chris has failed - but I do want to
thank Chris for at least trying to solve this, a rather simple problem set.

If this were _any_ other platform but iOS, we wouldn't have this problem.

And if this were any other OS newsgroup but an Apple one, we wouldn't have
these despicably heartless people like Jolly Roger, Lewis and nospam
constantly fabricating imaginary functionality because they _hate_ Apple.

I openly commend Chris for _trying_ to solve this, a very common and obvious
problem where Apple has unilaterally _destroyed_ our investments in iOS.

I, for one, will rejoice if Chris can solve this problem because I don't
want to force the bullshit the heartless Apple apologists have been spewing
upon her (e.g., Jolly Roger and nospam fabricate wild-goose chase apps).

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<j4f0fdF6abdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=644&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#644

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model
MC497LL
Date: 15 Jan 2022 04:22:05 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 04:22 UTC

Liar. Chris already said he has plenty of apps that run fine:

In article <srra65$58l$1@dont-email.me>, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just charged my original ipad. It's iOS 5.1.1 and the apps still
> work. Including the App store. It isn't hard to find apps

> So far, based on what I've seen anyway, Chris has failed

Liar. Chris reported that the apps the original iPad still work, and
anyone with one knows this from first-hand experience. So you're not
fooling anyone who knows better, loser..

> If this were _any_ other platform but iOS, we wouldn't have this
> problem.

The only "problem" is in your warped imagination.

> despicably heartless people like Jolly Roger, Lewis and nospam

Ad hominem is all you have, trollboi.

JR

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<srtkj2$1kt0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=645&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#645

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 05:03:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 05:03 UTC

On 15 Jan 2022 04:22:05 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Liar. Chris already said he has plenty of apps that run fine.

I don't plonk you Jolly Roger because I learn from you given you're the
lowest common denominator on this heartless and rather ignorant newsgroup.

Chris is the _only_ one (so far) who is (a) not heartless, and more
importantly (b) trying to help solve this rather common problem set.

I assume Chris may even have an intelligence somewhat approaching average,
which, as you must be aware by now, is a rarity on this newsgroup for sure.

>> I just charged my original ipad. It's iOS 5.1.1 and the apps still
>> work. Including the App store. It isn't hard to find apps
>
>> So far, based on what I've seen anyway, Chris has failed
>
> Liar. Chris reported that the apps the original iPad still work, and
> anyone with one knows this from first-hand experience. So you're not
> fooling anyone who knows better, loser..

I think I need to be more gentle with people like you, Jolly Roger, who
admitted you failed your GED test three times until you finally gave up.

Being gentle with you I will explain, oh so very gently, that this old lady
has _plenty_ of iPads, where this one particular iPad has frustrated her for
so many years that it has been lying fallow since it can't load new apps.

Continuing to be intellectually gentle with you, Jolly Roger, I'll further
explain given she has plenty of iPads, our quest is, was, and always will be
to turn this older iPad into something useful as a single-purpose device.

An Apple clock, for example, would make this expensive iPad useful again.

Chris has not (to my knowledge), despite his apparently heroic efforts,
found that simple kitchen-clock app that would make this iPad useful again.

>> If this were _any_ other platform but iOS, we wouldn't have this
>> problem.
>
> The only "problem" is in your warped imagination.

While anyone of even average intelligence needs to be intellectually gentle
with you, Jolly Roger, what you always exhibit in _all_ your lambasts are:
a. An IQ that is beyond disbelief
b. A childish vindictive streak that is beyond disbelief
c. A misunderstanding of the stated problem set that is beyond disbelief

If this were _any_ other device - we wouldn't be having this problem.
A. A ten-year old Windows PC can still load apps that make it useful.
B. A ten-year old Linux desktop can still load apps that make it useful.
C. A ten-year old Android tablet can still load apps that make it useful.

All we're trying here to do, desperately so based on Chris' helpful heroics,
is find something (anything!) useful to turn this iPad into.

A kitchen clock would be nice.

>> despicably heartless people like Jolly Roger, Lewis and nospam
>
> Ad hominem is all you have, trollboi.

It's interesting you don't see yourself in every post you make, Jolly Roger.