From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 05:18:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 05:18 UTC

On 14 Jan 2022 18:41:56 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Same here with our 1st generation iPad and iPad 2. All of the apps
> installed on it work fine (albeit naturally slowly by today's
> standards). The notable and reasonable exception is some apps that
> communicate with online servers now require newer versions of those apps
> and the developers of those apps (not Apple) have dropped support for
> older devices.

A kitchen-clock app would be nice.

I guess I need to state again what is obvious from the start but which
people like Jolly Roger (who doesn't even have a high school GED) can't
fathom which is she has _plenty_ of iPads which are on the current iOS.

She wants to install a _new_ app onto that older iPad.

I guess I need to better understand low IQ people even given that this is in
inherent in the SUBJECT line of this thread, but Jolly Roger missed it.
*How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL*

The problem with _this_ iPad is that it is unilaterally destroyed by Apple
such that she can't load a _useful_ app onto it that will make her
investment into something (anything) useful as a single-use item for her.

A kitchen clock would be nice.

>> Including the App store. It isn't hard to find apps and I could
>> install a clock *if* MFA want enabled. That old an iOS isn't
>> compatible with MFA so won't get any further.
>>
>> If you want to blame anyone for not supporting old iPads blame the
>> developers as the App Store is there and works.
>
> Yep. To wit, we keep one of our old iPads in the living room
> specifically to play games, including Settlers of Catan - an app that
> was first released 12 years ago and is still regularly updated by the
> app developer (the last update was on Sep 23, 2020), and supports and
> works just fine on these ancient devices:
> <https://fnd.io/#/us/search?mediaType=all&term=settlers%20of%20catan>

I think I need to be more gentle with people of such low IQ as Jolly Roger
clearly is, in that I need to somehow let them know, gently so, that not
everyone only plays kindergarten games on their mobile devices like he does.

Our simple goal is, was, and always will be for this thread, is to find at
least one useful app to load onto this older iPad to make it useful again.

A kitchen-clock app would be nice.

> The fact is Apple has no say regarding how long app developers will
> support older devices - that is a decision that is left solely up to
> individual app developers.

My assessment may be discussed among intelligent adults, but the facts must
first be agreed upon by those intelligent adults (of which JR isn't one).

The facts are:
a. If this were a 10-year old Windows PC, it would load new useful apps.
b. If this were a 10-year old Linux PC, it would load new useful apps.
c. If this were a 10-year old Android tablet, it would load new useful apps.

Do you agree with those facts?
Note: Only idiots disagree with facts (that's why they're idiots after all).

The assessment question to ask is why is it _only_ a ten year old iOS device
where we can't find (yet) even a _single_ app to make it useful again?

A kitchen-clock app would be nice.

>> As per usual "Arlen" is looking for an argument and posts false
>> information to do so.
>
> His trolls are just pathetic, and are easily debunked by anyone who
> knows anything.

And yet you don't even _understand_ the problem set, even as the problem set
has been stated in the subject line of every single post JR responded to.
*How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL*

A kitchen clock app would be nice.

Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL

<j4f4kgF73dhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=647&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#647

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model
MC497LL
Date: 15 Jan 2022 05:33:05 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 05:33 UTC

On 2022-01-15, Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> On 14 Jan 2022 18:41:56 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Same here with our 1st generation iPad and iPad 2. All of the apps
>> installed on it work fine (albeit naturally slowly by today's
>> standards). The notable and reasonable exception is some apps that
>> communicate with online servers now require newer versions of those apps
>> and the developers of those apps (not Apple) have dropped support for
>> older devices.
>
> A kitchen-clock app

God you're boring.

JR