From: hzcnjkx...@tormails.com (None)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Checking auth user against ldap query
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 17:57:13 +0100
 by: None - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:57 UTC

Reading this tread about the smart host wanting authinfo matching from.
I was wondering what options I have to quickly/easily increase security
a bit.
One thing I could think of, is comparing if the auth user uses the $f
that has been assigned to him. However I am using accounts != email
addresses, and these are stored in ldap.

Is such a thing possible in sendmail?

Re: Checking auth user against ldap query

<tpmst9$sn0$1@news.misty.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=653&group=comp.mail.sendmail#653

From: INVALID_...@esmtp.org (Claus Aßmann)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: Checking auth user against ldap query
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 12:50:33 -0500 (EST)
Sender: <ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@esmtp.org>
Originator: ca@x2.esmtp.org (Claus Assmann)
 by: Claus Aßmann - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 17:50 UTC

None wrote:

> One thing I could think of, is comparing if the auth user uses the $f
> that has been assigned to him. However I am using accounts != email
> addresses, and these are stored in ldap.

You can use a custom ruleset
LOCAL_RULESETS
SLocal_check_mail
in which you can access the macro ${auth_authen}
and an LDAP map to perform whatever tests you want.

Maybe you can find existing examples online.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous