From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Unpatched Safari 15 IndexedDB bug leaks privacy identifers in all Apple web browsers
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 17:58:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 17:58 UTC

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 06:08:18 -0500, nospam wrote:

> in addition to webkit's better security, there is also javascript
> acceleration.

The sure mark of a bullshitter is he can't cite even a _single_ fact that
underlies his statements, like that above, of "better security" for webkit.

Can nospam cite even a _single_ source outside of Apple for that assessment?
*Name Just One*

I can cite _plenty_ of reliable sources that say otherwise, e.g.,
*Can I run Tor Browser on an iOS device?*
<https://support.torproject.org/tormobile/tormobile-3/>
"Apple requires browsers on iOS to use something called Webkit,
which prevents [any browser] from having the same privacy
protections as Tor Browser"

And there are scores to hundreds more found by a simple search:
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=apple+huge+webkit+security+flaws>

To the bullshitter nospam (and Lewis & Jolly Roger of the same ilk).
*Name just one fact underlying your _entire_ belief system.*

Name just one.