The Wright Bothers weren't the first to fly. They were just the first not to crash.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

SubjectAuthor
* FREE GAME: Demon's TiltSpalls Hurgenson
+- Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltAnt
+* Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltMike S.
|`* Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltSpalls Hurgenson
| `- Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltAnt
`* Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltJustisaur
 `* Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltJAB
  `- Re: FREE GAME: Demon's TiltAnt

1
FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<7igp3h1b68rcli4vl004rquvv29v0k9dmv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6585&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6585

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:18:59 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:18 UTC

c.s.i.p.g.action log. Stardate: Thursday. These are the continuing
posts about games you can get for free from the Epic Game Store. Today
it is my duty to report that, yes, there is another game, it's free,
and yes, it's on the Epic Games Store. Imagine that.

This week's game: Demon's Tilt: Occult Pinball Action
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/demons-tilt

Here's the TL;DR version: it's a pinball game. If you like computer
pinball games, this will probably tickle your fancy; if you don't, I
doubt this will convert you. This particular version is extremely
frenetic and colorful, with lots of explosions and over-saturated
colors; it's pinball for the over-stimulated.

Myself, I never really saw the appeal of pinball (whether of the
analog or digital variety) but neither did I find it particularly
offensive, and I have fond memories of fiddling about with the likes
of "Epic Pinball" in years gone by. This game is colorful,
inoffensive, and - most importantly - free, so it's added to my
library. But you have a week to decide for yourself whether it's worth
it or not to hit the 'get game' button.

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<PrydnacaO5R3Y6H_nZ2dnUU7-YGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6587&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6587

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 18:29:46 -0500
 by: Ant - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 23:29 UTC

It reminds me of Alien Crush pinball on TG16/PC Engine. I enjoyed some
pinballs so I took it. Thanks.

--
Slammier humpy day than usual with a heat wave! Is it safe 2 hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<v6er3hlqb8865d1b9cunknppk88uilpc2i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6597&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6597

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 08:49:26 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:49 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:18:59 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Myself, I never really saw the appeal of pinball (whether of the
>analog or digital variety) but neither did I find it particularly
>offensive, and I have fond memories of fiddling about with the likes
>of "Epic Pinball" in years gone by. This game is colorful,
>inoffensive, and - most importantly - free, so it's added to my
>library. But you have a week to decide for yourself whether it's worth
>it or not to hit the 'get game' button.

I played a lot of pinball at the arcade when I was a kid. We used to
have one in my parents home as my dad liked pinball. I think it was
circus themed but I can't be too sure anymore. I gave up pinball
sometime after I got a Commodore 64 and started playing video games
instead.

Anyway, thank you once again Spalls for the Epic freebie reminder.

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<ea245c1f-6ffc-4407-90dd-5afe4f602365n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6599&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6599

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 06:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 13:59 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 12:19:18 PM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> c.s.i.p.g.action log. Stardate: Thursday. These are the continuing
> posts about games you can get for free from the Epic Game Store. Today
> it is my duty to report that, yes, there is another game, it's free,
> and yes, it's on the Epic Games Store. Imagine that.
>
> This week's game: Demon's Tilt: Occult Pinball Action
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/demons-tilt
>
> Here's the TL;DR version: it's a pinball game. If you like computer
> pinball games, this will probably tickle your fancy; if you don't, I
> doubt this will convert you. This particular version is extremely
> frenetic and colorful, with lots of explosions and over-saturated
> colors; it's pinball for the over-stimulated.
>
> Myself, I never really saw the appeal of pinball (whether of the
> analog or digital variety) but neither did I find it particularly
> offensive, and I have fond memories of fiddling about with the likes
> of "Epic Pinball" in years gone by. This game is colorful,
> inoffensive, and - most importantly - free, so it's added to my
> library. But you have a week to decide for yourself whether it's worth
> it or not to hit the 'get game' button.

I was playing pinball practically before there were video games.
I remember one that was poker themed that was the only thing
to do at some resort in Idaho my mom took me to some new age
convention thing when I was like 9 for a week. I got really good
at it.

I played a bit of pinball and other mechanical games, but arcade
games were much better.

I have played a bit of Space Cadet since it came with a number
of versions of windows, and it was pretty good for a computer
version of pinball. I had a couple other packages with pinball
games as well which I enjoyed if even briefly. They just don't
hold interest unless there's nothing better available.

So in short thanks for the reminder, I got it! :)

- Justisaur

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<t1kukm$6gu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6601&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6601

From: now...@co.uk (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:37:26 +0000
 by: JAB - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:37 UTC

On 25/03/2022 13:59, Justisaur wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 12:19:18 PM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> c.s.i.p.g.action log. Stardate: Thursday. These are the continuing
>> posts about games you can get for free from the Epic Game Store. Today
>> it is my duty to report that, yes, there is another game, it's free,
>> and yes, it's on the Epic Games Store. Imagine that.
>>
>> This week's game: Demon's Tilt: Occult Pinball Action
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/demons-tilt
>>
>> Here's the TL;DR version: it's a pinball game. If you like computer
>> pinball games, this will probably tickle your fancy; if you don't, I
>> doubt this will convert you. This particular version is extremely
>> frenetic and colorful, with lots of explosions and over-saturated
>> colors; it's pinball for the over-stimulated.
>>
>> Myself, I never really saw the appeal of pinball (whether of the
>> analog or digital variety) but neither did I find it particularly
>> offensive, and I have fond memories of fiddling about with the likes
>> of "Epic Pinball" in years gone by. This game is colorful,
>> inoffensive, and - most importantly - free, so it's added to my
>> library. But you have a week to decide for yourself whether it's worth
>> it or not to hit the 'get game' button.
>
> I was playing pinball practically before there were video games.
> I remember one that was poker themed that was the only thing
> to do at some resort in Idaho my mom took me to some new age
> convention thing when I was like 9 for a week. I got really good
> at it.
>
> I played a bit of pinball and other mechanical games, but arcade
> games were much better.
>
> I have played a bit of Space Cadet since it came with a number
> of versions of windows, and it was pretty good for a computer
> version of pinball. I had a couple other packages with pinball
> games as well which I enjoyed if even briefly. They just don't
> hold interest unless there's nothing better available.
>
> So in short thanks for the reminder, I got it! :)

Weird, I actually got into pinball after I was into arcade games. The
probably reason was that when I got to the habit of going to the pub
there was always a pinball machine to play.

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<evmdnfekR_7wkqP_nZ2dnUU7-XWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6603&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6603

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 13:52:29 -0500
 by: Ant - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:52 UTC

JAB <noway@co.uk> wrote:
> On 25/03/2022 13:59, Justisaur wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 12:19:18 PM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> >> Myself, I never really saw the appeal of pinball (whether of the
> >> analog or digital variety) but neither did I find it particularly
> >> offensive, and I have fond memories of fiddling about with the likes
> >> of "Epic Pinball" in years gone by. This game is colorful,
> >> inoffensive, and - most importantly - free, so it's added to my
> >> library. But you have a week to decide for yourself whether it's worth
> >> it or not to hit the 'get game' button.
> >
> > I was playing pinball practically before there were video games.
> > I remember one that was poker themed that was the only thing
> > to do at some resort in Idaho my mom took me to some new age
> > convention thing when I was like 9 for a week. I got really good
> > at it.
> >
> > I played a bit of pinball and other mechanical games, but arcade
> > games were much better.
> Weird, I actually got into pinball after I was into arcade games. The
> probably reason was that when I got to the habit of going to the pub
> there was always a pinball machine to play.

I agree arcade games were better than pinballs. I loved Bill's Pinball
Construction Set
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinball_Construction_Set) on my Apple
//c. I remember making pinballs, saving as binaries to share with
//others, etc. Fun rad times. :)

--
Dang bugs (e.g., Netgear), bodies, and spams! Is it safe to hang out with people yet?
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<b6ns3hlso43uvj7s5nkb4tiaskqmg3av20@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6606&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6606

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 20:28:31 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 00:28 UTC

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 08:49:26 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:18:59 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
><spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyway, thank you once again Spalls for the Epic freebie reminder.

Increasingly, I'm needing a reminder to do these reminders. Anyone up
for the task? I'll be happy to remind you to do it, if you're
forgetful ;-)

I gotta say, "Demon's Tilt" is... well, it's a bit much, isn't it?
Maybe I'm getting old, but I tried it and needed a good sit-down and a
hot cuppa tea afterwards ;-)

Re: FREE GAME: Demon's Tilt

<xPqdnap7_5R77aP_nZ2dnUU7-emdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6608&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#6608

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 20:48:22 -0500
 by: Ant - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 01:48 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 08:49:26 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
> >On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:18:59 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
> ><spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Anyway, thank you once again Spalls for the Epic freebie reminder.

> Increasingly, I'm needing a reminder to do these reminders. Anyone up
> for the task? I'll be happy to remind you to do it, if you're
> forgetful ;-)

> I gotta say, "Demon's Tilt" is... well, it's a bit much, isn't it?
> Maybe I'm getting old, but I tried it and needed a good sit-down and a
> hot cuppa tea afterwards ;-)

Nah, let's all do first reminder on Thursdays. We're all too busy so we can work together to share. ;)